No mage changes in the PTR? really?

We are BEGGING for something! ANYTHING!!!

no communication about the absolutely abysmal state we are in. no changes planned. NOTHING!!

all we want is for fire and frost not to be a joke meme spec! Not to need a PHD (arcane) to play!

The new PTR changes were released and mages got NOTHING! AGAIN!

17 Likes

Every expansion, they pick 3 or 4 specs to be trash until x.3.

Looks like destro, fire, frost and survival drew the short straws this time around.

9 Likes

You think arcane is difficult to play? lol

4 Likes

Go to an online, for-profit, unaccredited university, anyone can get a doctorate no problem :slight_smile:

Even better, just buy one!

https://www.expressuniversitydegree.com/order/

And you’ll be well on your way to a successful career of publishing in predatory journals!

2 Likes

No way that link is real omg

Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Barrage is a PHD rotation?

7 Likes

Roll a warlock or hunter if you want to play ranged and actually be good year in and year out. That’s the only ranged classes Blizz ever cares about.

1 Like

Fire is pretty strong on some fights and arcane doesn’t need a phd.

I suggest standing in front of a target dummy and practicing said rotations.

Tell us you have never played arcane without telling us you have never played arcane.

Arcane hasn’t been a 2 button spec since legion.

16 Likes

Arcane is probably unironically the hardest and most punishing dps spec in the game right now and it really isn’t close.

People saying it is easy haven’t logged into one in 10 years and still think it is 1-1-1-2.

12 Likes

the mages i see seem to be doing fine honestly.

are they supposed to be bad?

Arcane is currently the best caster spec in the game when executed properly. The issue is that it’s extremely punishing if mistakes are made.

Fire is solid in single target and aoe where you can stack up ignite on one target and then spread it.

It has a few fights where it is performing better than arcane.

Frost has its issues and is lower middle of the pack.

The issue with mages right now is that damage revolves around rune of power and being able to maximize damage with it is not something a lot of players like.

Mages aren’t doing as bad as people say but they aren’t great outside of arcane.

12 Likes

What usually happens is frost and arcane are best on launch and then scaling makes fire good. Sometimes fire is best on launch, but obviously not this time.

I feel bad for frost players-- especially the ones who play it for the proc gameplay style. Feels like they really want us to stand still and hard cast a lot these days.

2 Likes

If you’re having trouble playing arcane then you might wanna hang up playing ranged. Stop pretending that it’s complex. Not rewarding I’d agree with, “hardest to play”… lol

What? TV build and spamming procs has been the default frost build since BFA

Correct. The damage values are not good right now though. And the ptr is buffing glacial spike of all things. Lol.

Then you’re delusional. The only other spec that comes close to arcane level difficulty is shadow priest.

If arcane is so easy tell me what the prepull and burn rotation is for a raid boss with lust.

Good. I prefer the glacial
Spike build

Spamming procs and trying to maintain IV isn’t fun.

Problem with arcane isn’t that it’s hard.

It’s that it’s easily derailed by the design of current PvE content.

2 Likes

I know lots of people who find it very fun. It’s what makes frost play differently than most other magic builds.