No Justice for the Kaldorei (9.1 Spoilers)

NO PROBLEMS WITH GUNS! The Dwarfs have sent siege sniper cannons!

Stop. Did you talk about the cannons? Not about gunpowder and guns?

I don’t agree with this weird inferiority complex you have here, but I hope you can understand why I get frustrated with Blizzard’s constant insistence on reducing the Night Elf military to archers. It leaves people with a bad impression of what they’re capable of, and leads to the sort of memes that have ruled the conversation around them.

Once again, I assert all of this and maintain that they should form up the core of a regional power - just as the Forsaken did (and should) in the East.

6 Likes

For so long 
 as in like 10 years that he’s been awake? And within that time they managed to manufacture and outrig an entire navy, without it working in opposition to their generally non-intrusive to nature culture? And that a race where time truly was without a lot of value for over 10k years, suddenly adapts instantly (by their metrics) to this new reality? My GOD I’m starting to realize why it seems like so many NE players ONLY ever play NEs. No other race in this franchise could possibly hope to hold a candle to how default, perfect, and special they are. Flaws are for the inferior races I suppose.

7 Likes

Ah yes, I feel so perfect when the Horde has been portrayed as cleaning our clocks for eleven years.

It’s so wonderful, it’s so fun to repeatedly get beat down onscreen when you know that the Night Elves should be holding their own a lot better than this.

3 Likes

So what about the Iron Horde and grandiose technologies for peoples whose culmination of war culture is the ax and the catapult?

I am willing to accept the idea this sort of tech could of been more brought in and manned by the Gilneans, who are/were arguably the most technologically advanced human culture before the cataclysm. There has been a blending of culture over time it seems like, to the point they are in some ways a unified people.

2 Likes

It wasn’t so sudden. If anything, it was most likely in response to when Garrosh had a naval blockade all around Kalimdor to prevent aid to Theramore.

Where are they getting it? Because THEY’RE still refugees. Am I really expected to believe that the NEs and Gilneans are trading for military ordinance with the EK Alliance? That’s what their import good is? Gunpowder, Canons, and Ammunition?

The blood elves quickly figured out a way to break the spaceship. I don’t know how it should be argued.

Why not?

I tend not to argue with you specifically Shern because YOU for certain are one of those NEPFA posters who does expect the NEs to be the most Mary Sue race ever concieved by man.

1 Like

Dependent on men? Human dependent? Dependent? What did you mean?

Well, you can argue with me.

I don’t think any of this means that the Night Elves should be able to steamroll the Horde, but I do think it means that they should be more than capable of holding their own, particularly when Ashenvale’s geography is put into the mix. My position is actually really simple with respect to the Horde.

It’s not complicated.

I realize that your character is level 11 so probably not a main, but you do realize that we’re still talking about wood elves, yes?

Also sabotaging a spaceship feels less silly than suddenly deploying technology from people whose standard modus operandi is strip mining and clear cutting things. Notably most of the belf technological adaptations are magic, with a military that’s still pretty much dominated by archers, and I seem to recall the typical lorehead arguments being that they are not the ones who care more about nature in the equation.

Like, I’m pretty sure horde-side most blood elf deployments do not include goblin tech or blight in any capacity.

Goblins were trading with the Night Elves on Kalimdor for who knows how long before ships sailed from the Eastern Kingdoms to Kalimdor.

2 Likes

Most BE deployments don’t even use canons. Or siege equipment in general. They deploy fire mages as their traditional go-to for artillery.

I’ll drop the night elf question for now. What do you say about the Iron Horde?
My main: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/ru/wow/u/ŃˆĐ”Ń€ĐœĐžŃˆ-eversong/activity

And don’t mix wood elves and night elves. Do not.

IIRC Isle of Thunder actually had glaive throwers (which Astranaar questing has too) - they do show up in the heritage chain so I just assume the devs just don’t put them there en masse for either group of elves because it’s a pita

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve said this before - the Russians appear to have more influence over the Night Elf conversation than we in NA do. I don’t think we have an equivalent with such influence over there.

and when the Russians, who are known for depressing literature, are telling you that your depressing story is bad, you KNOW that you screwed up somewhere.

1 Like

Winterspring questing kind of implies the quel’dorei were still doing expeditions back to the homeland post-exile >.>

Also considering the token russian in this thread seems to want the kaldorei to function as low grade industrial I’m going to question how good this is for lore on the supposedly nature-focused wood elves because it makes a mockery of a ton of kinda core lore aspects