No Justice for the Kaldorei (9.1 Spoilers)

and do you have proof it was a white peace? Or you just headcannoning like everyone else

please show us that ceasefire agreement so we can see whats what

Its what is said in the epilogue. I am tired of dealing with you.
Go away.

Look up what an armistice means.

3 Likes

Ah forgot China was added (but Russia is Western Euro Imperial by my reckoning, this isn’t the 19th century :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

White peace after the treaty that ended mists does mean Ashenvale is abandoned by the horde fwiw.

1 Like

We will see until Blizzard actually addresses the zone. There is supposed to be a book coming out soon but I wonder if the Horde just got out of that zone what sort of reparations they will be contributing for destroying these lands in their short occupation.

But NEs still need their empowered moment if its not done in retaking their lands i doubt they will ever be able to get it again without penalizing the Horde player.

According to who?

’ An armistice is a formal agreement of warring parties to stop fighting. It is not necessarily the end of a war, as it may constitute only a cessation of hostilities while an attempt is made to negotiate a lasting peace."

I think you should cause it could mean alot, like giving or taking land

assuming again, for all we know ashenvale wasnt touched

One thing I feel that I need to point out once again is that there were mission tables in Ashenvale, suggesting that they didn’t have complete control. That suits the Night Elf method of waging war, which is to hide out in the forests, encircle strong points, and defeat the enemy in detail.

But again, I want to see that, and I want it proven before I just accept that it happened.

My issue with the mission tables in Battle for Azeroth is that they’re an inconsistent convoluted mess.

Half the named NPCs that appear in the mission tables as objectives are canonically dead as they were killed in Horde/Alliance questing, and others are characters which are canonically still alive as they appeared in a later patch despite the mission table being able killing them.

5 Likes

Nonsense like this helps cement that at this point I’m almost for 10.0 to have Chromie reveal we just lived through a fever dream

5 Likes

Which is a fair criticism, but not enough for me to throw them out entirely, especially given that Cataclysm frequently featured characters that were killed in Vanilla questing. I would still not toss them out in assessing what is canon. They were clearly created with a certain intent.

The bulk of Russia is in Asia. Russia encompasses over two hundred different ethnic groups and almost as many languages and dialects.

1 Like

Yes, but consider where the overwhelming bulk of that population is.

http^s://vividmaps.com/population-density-of-russia/

1 Like

Yeah but the imperial core of Russian culture (the culture that gets exported to neocolonial holdings of Russian, e.g. the Balkans) and State power, and where the majority of the intra-national resources go, is the European part.

1 Like

Which was frequently invaded from the Asian part.

The intent drastically varies and hurts racial narratives, though.

For example, the Sludge Fields in Hillsbrad are still operational with Warden Stillwater somehow still being alive if we had to go through the mission table. Considering Stillwater was executed for not abiding by Forsaken values and ethics, his continued management of the Sludge Fields is concerning… assuming it isn’t an oversight, which it likely is. In addition, the narratives across faction lines will often contradict one-another such as noting both factions occupy a certain location due to the mission table text being copy-pasted across both.

There’s a few times where it lines up like how the Alliance player’s mission table is about helping the Night Elves prepare to siege Orgrimmar and the Horde player’s mission table is about helping repel the siege, but most of them are nonsense.

The Ashenvale mission tables are weird because they’re literal regurgitation of Cataclysm quests, such as killing Orux Thrice-Damned who’s assaulting Maestra’s Post, when he’s a quest target in Cataclysm during the Alliance-side narrative assaulting Maestra’s Post.

7 Likes

I won’t dispute that, but if having to accept things like Teldrassil tells you anything, it’s that we don’t get to choose our lore.

I genuinely hated that part when I saw the list of table missions. The implied reset to Cata questing makes not only no sense after Mists but also sucks because Cata questing, alliance side, felt like the Warsong offensive was legitimately starting to get pushed out

I’m pretty sure the writing team at this point is just carelessly not giving a damn about in-game events because they all fancy themselves fantasy novel writers first.

3 Likes

You apparently did not read the novellas. Knowing there were Alliance spies in Orgrimmar, Slyvanas let them overhear her plans to march to Silithis. When her army reached the Crossroads, they turned north rather than south. The majority of the Nefl military headed south to Silithis,

There have been complaints that this whole aspect was unreasonable and portrayed mighty elves poorly. It also failed to acknowledge hover boats and gunships and portaling ships and all sorts of stuff to get reinforcements.

It’s true. And the Horde didn’t zeppelin their entire force and air drop. They didn’t use portals or bombers or other stuff. Apparently it was decided this war needed to be on foot.

Why? I don’t know, probably plot convenience. It makes sense that it’s a long walk from Silithus to Teldrassil. Long enough for a protracted battle.

I know you’re not making this complaint but it brings up the complaint from others that this is somehow unrealistic.

Folks (mostly Night Elf fans) don’t like that the Alliance spies conveyed the wrong information and that the Night Elf spy network should’ve done better; that Night Elves wouldn’t overcommit to the south (even though the Alliance would have trouble sending forces since the whole underlying premise was a lack of sea forces); Night Elf city guards plus Malfurion should’ve defeated the entire Horde army (even with the Horde expecting 8 to 1 loss ratio); Tyrande shouldn’t have left for Stormwind and/or Tyrande should’ve been able to heal Malfurion and fight back the Horde; Night Elves should’ve used better technology and tactics; Night Elves in Ashenvale should’ve wiped the entire Horde, etc.

Okay? Well, ditto for the Horde so it’s back to where it was. Unfortunately that’s usually not accepted as an answer.

This is part of the Night Elf power fantasy. The racial description even claims (basically) that the only way for Azeroth to survive is if the Night Elves decide to help the other races. Every time they don’t reach that level they feel it’s unfair.

In some ways I can understand that, you’re picking a race and investing in it based on a description - but the description basically makes everyone inferior and in a game with more than one race that really doesn’t work. Since it can’t work, it creates repeated events where Night Elves fail to be a superpower and empowers and perpetuates a victim complex that you don’t really see in other races because they weren’t described as basically “the best people ever.”

From my perspective? They can Blame Blizzard if they want - rage quit - but it’s just not okay for one race to be a superpower compared to others.

2 Likes