No, it is absolutely not bussines as usual!

Sry not american to worship companies : )

Well, since your still going on with your tie-raid with WoW and praising SWTOR …

Allow me to share my own experience with SWTOR, cause i actually did played a little bit of it yesterday night, and i remember why i sometimes i go outside of WoW where i can see nice little MMO’s like this, and i remembered putting my time into it years ago. :slight_smile:… well that and GW2. GW2 is fun as well, but i digress from that.

SWTOR’s story is pretty darn interesting and rich for me, which also reminds me fondly of DragonAge:Origins, Which makes sense cause their both Bioware games. SWTOR is also a great example of what i want Blizzard to do with WoW. Provide options in the options. The holy grail of interface options is just staggering compared to the WoW’s ever diminishing option list, even to a point where it has a built in customizable interface editor. And while the Wow Addons can already do this in WoW, it works wonderfully, which it has too cause this MMO doesn’t support Addons.

Not having Addons and Macros is a lost in functionality for me going from WoW to SWTOR. Mod:Alt Macros especially help make the actionbar space cleaner and less cluttered by having a single button that acts as two buttons depending if i press Mod:alt or not. And even as a casual player, i do like addons that tell me how good am i doing, and what can i do to improve my play, and to give me more options the game couldn’t on the interface options but still allowed to do. And Also Adapt 3d Portraits.

The Gameplay itself, really isn’t mind blowing. It’s just WoW really. you get a lot more abilities, but the gameplay style of those two is pretty blurred. It’s much of the same as in Dragonage Orgins (which also copies WoW), sans the single-player elements, and taking more ques from World of Warcraft. So really it’s just World of Star Warcraft. Rolls right off the tongue. I think my experience so far can be summed up as “I rolled a Sith Sorcerer, got Force Storm at level 4 and suddenly the game turned into a slower version of The Force Unleashed due to how powerful this ability is.”. And i thought Mages in WoW are OP from the moment they are created. I don’t know, just kinda flows weirdly when your suppose to be starting out as a fresh out slave working yourself though the ranks and yet your already Emperor Palatine 2.0. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And before you say it, WoW retail does it too, and it’s just as odd flowing there as well. But i never seen any mage in WoW get a Blizzard spell at level 4.

There is also some disappointing aspects if your playing it Free to play like i had:

• You can only start off with 3-4 races and can only make 4 characters per server in SWTOR. Compared to WoW’s trial account where you have 13 races on offer and have access to all but DH and DK classes, and can make as many characters you want.
  • Your access to Quickbars (or action bars) are limited to 3, compared to WoW which allows you to get them from the getgo, all 6 of them, even on Trial.
  • Can’t hide your helmet or wear titles in SWTOR F2P, while you can’t earn titles in WoW trial ( i think) i do know if you do happen to have a title, your not prohibited from wearing it, nor your barred from the option to hide your helmet, an option that existed back in 2004 and still does in a form of tmog.
  • They limited Emotes for some silly reason. I don’t need to tell you WoW’s trial account doesn’t even do that. (Wow Thanks EA/Bioware for limiting that from F2P people.)
  • While the game’s f2p cap is much higher then WoW’s (level 50), the rate of XP lowers after level 20.
  • And there’s much more, i recommend checking this article out cause i’m really unfamiliar with this game and it’s content and all that, and looking it up.

Not to mention, this game is subscription MMO, just like WoW, and so far, i don’t see any equivalent of turning in ingame credits for game-time. Which is a shame, cause being sub only and the f2p limitations kinda discouraged me away from the game, and it’s a cool game. If the game did something like how in Guild Wars 2, you pay for the game and that’s it, no sub fees, it would be awesome, and be my second Alternate MMO, when i need a break from WoW and play it a little bit. Until then, i got my WoW and GW2.

And let me tell you this right now, Enjoying something isn’t Defending something. I Enjoy WoW despite knowing it’s not a great MMO, but i still enjoy it. And i also think this “Us vs Them” Attitude is very bad attitude to have, or the “Your wrong for liking something” attitude as well. I think people should be allowed to enjoy whatever they want to without being put down by others and there’s nothing wrong with letting people like whatever you like.

2 Likes

This is true.

It is hard to give PTR and beta feedback when people derail or report threads with valuable game feedback because they defend blizz to the end.

Unfortunate.

1 Like

It never will be alt friendly. Essences will never he account bound. It’s not smart business model. They want you to keep grinding and paying for their business.

More like crap on them no matter what they do to try to better the game,GD like you is perpetually salty and will never be happy regardless of what happens. Especially given your case as all you ever do is grouse,piss and
moan about “Blizz man bad REEEEE.” and nark on people who are actually still content playing while acknowledging the occasional issue or two.

I will reiterate throwing passive aggressive insult and vitriol NEVER gets anybody their way,if anything it lowers morale,shows how Karen-like you are and turns a once awesome dream job to some into an emotionally draining,soul sucking nightmare that leads to burnout and disdain [which if it were the case I wouldn’t blame them at this point] If you hate the game and company so much that nothing they do will satisfy you short of shutting down,then shut your gob and move onto greener pastures.

Logic dictates if you’re no longer happy with something,take your business elsewhere NOT screech for the manager and potentially ruin livelihoods. Are there issues that need to be fixed? Sure HOWEVER is the berating and venom constantly spewed necessary? NO,NO and HELL NO. Want to be taken seriously? Act like a civilised adult,address the issues specifically in an area that will actually be read IE- their Twitter or a non GD forums [aka blizz hate bandwagon forums] in a clear,concise and insult free way. End of the day,they’re human beings trying to make a living off of a field they enjoy trying to appease whoever they can while keeping their job.

TLDR-Stop being a hateful tosser and either go where you’ll actually be happy or adress your issues on Twitter or non GD forum in a civilized non passive aggressive way. At this point it feels like you’re on the hate train for facebook esque likes/attention.

1 Like

oh heck no hes already annoying enough you really want to see him riding a sugar high?

this guy made like 6 threads last night and each one was basically a copy and paste of each other “I hates Blizz they suck GDIAF trol lol lol”

2 Likes

I’m not for one flagging and banning threads, i think they should stay up for the world to see, to learn from and etc. Cause i think discussion and debate shouldn’t be stifled or silenced, provided if you are willing to discuss and debate with your people.

But you would think after 6 threads in one day that is essentially about the same topic with varying degrees of substance (or lack there of), have it be designed where it seems like your only preaching to your audience and not meant to discuss, just listen and believe, and having horrible responses to people that boil down to “you’re wrong, your a fanboy for even slightly disagreeing with me”, they would take a look at that?

And surprisingly, they did, and they don’t see a problem with his first thread. Which is weird cause anybody else who does the same thing he did, got the boot, like that Gnome who hates retail models and actually thinks there’s something wrong with people who liked the retail models or thinks their okay. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Pretty much, everytime you see a big post pointing out the major flaws the game has and how people are unsubbing in droves as well as they OP you see blizz shills mock them, pretend it is normal, defend the game or the company or say that the game just isnt for them.
They just cant handle the fact that the game has caused people to unsub in droves and they are playing a badly designed game, gotta defend everything blizz does to death

1 Like