NO housing in WoW! Meanwhile

We had housing before Final Fantasy XIV. The only problem is there was nothing out in the world to convince people to leave their garrisons aside from raids, so everyone unsubbed.

Final Fantasy has things to do out in the world.

6 Likes

Umm…go play that, then. If playing house is that important…

5 Likes

Yep 100% agree.
Your tavern idea is great! Theres so many ideas i have of things that could be enjoyable in a tavern setting etc.

3 Likes

I have so many ideas for guild halls. Even stuff like doing +25s as a guild group can get portals to those dungeons in the hall. It’d be so hype.

3 Likes

Honey you know you’re trolling. I’m happy that gamers have another great game to play. So go play it if it’s so great

6 Likes

The idea of having a place where your guild can gather is great. An idea to hang trophies of things your guild has conquered together (Rated rating, raid bosses, etc) is even better.

Imagine having something to show the longevity of your guild in a “physical” manner.

6 Likes

Wow doesn’t need player housing. If you like FFA so much you can go play that.

3 Likes

Yea housing would feel weird in wow, idk why.

Now guild halls i could easily get behind. Could even add in furniture like ffxiv where if your raid kills a boss you can assemble a trophy. With the difficulties changing its look etc.

2 Likes

I just use my garrison. It has everything I need, AH, Bank, Transmog. I even have a stone to port right to it. Just wish it was account wide not just one character.

4 Likes

Yeah, and I’m not talking roleplay or anything it can be like that but sort of like a Trade chat 2.0 but without the “WTS 15+ KEYS GROUP OF FRIENDS” or really any sort of advertising. World of Warcraft is an MMORPG and it should be treated as one, where players can see each other’s characters face to face and socialize with each other. World of Warcraft doesn’t feel like a Fantasy game, it feels like it’s all over the place. When I think of Fantasy, I think of something like DND. And I’ll admit, FFXIV is not all that, and I don’t see it as a proper fantasy either. We need bar games, mini-games, and proper use of alcohol in this game. Or just something, I can come up with a million ideas for World of Warcraft socially right now.

2 Likes

lol.

LMAO.

1 Like

And that is the problem, and a larger problem with Blizz, they can never make content to be just content, they always feel a need to attach something to it to get players to engage with it. Why can’t we just have content to just be content, no strings attached.

9 Likes

Guild housing would be fine. But World of Warcraft is sort of like DND well was, so housing would be weird. Now maybe sleeping in an inn would be fine, but housing no. Guild housing would be fun though.

2 Likes

If FFXIV was really so great then you wouldnt need to feel the need to post on an entirely different forum for a game not even related to it in order to brag about it.

Imagine if I went and made a post on Everquest forums to talk about WoW and how great the game is. Think anyone over there would care? You cant even come up with an original topic to complain about.

2 Likes

Ion said not long ago that developing player housing would mean losing one or more raid tiers. I know some on this forum and elsewhere are okay with that but many others aren’t. I have to assume if they were going to do it, it would be in the game by now as it’s been a regular topic of discussion for 20 years. Same with guild halls.

1 Like

They say that, but sometimes I wonder if they just say it as an excuse to not do it. It’s not like they need to have it ready for the next expansion, and if they had started working on it in the background after Garrisons flopped in WoD, we might have it by now.

4 Likes

It’s ridiculous at this point. We’ve been asking forever. So many MMOs have this even on release.

I love wow idc about FFXIV. It just racks my brain that they are yey getting another iteration of housing with islands and we still haven’t got jack.

3 Likes

Nothing beats the clubs in Anarchy Online anyway

3 Likes

Maybe, but it could also be true that in order to do player housing the way they want or the way this playerbase would expect it would take a lot of work.

Um, your name is Ffvix. I guess it’s no coincidence that your race is a troll.

7 Likes

They need players before they can spend more on past failed attempts for housing.
Knowing they already failed once, imagine trying to fail again in what most people consider their last chance to release something that’s not universally hated.

For now enjoy the faster flying, talent points and an overly limited class. That’s what Dragonflight is all about.

2 Likes