No gear for Cache of the Aqir Swarm?

Don’t worry i got another piece of the same gear i already have and now have to wait till reset to try again for an actual bit of gear but hey i could sell that dupe for 50 odd gold so lucky me.

3 toons and none got gear from the box.

It is confirmed it’s supposed to have gear?

I got no gear but 2k gold and maybe some AP/mementos. That sucks if gear is just random. My toons aren’t well geared so some shots at minor upgrades would be nice.

2 Likes

I’m assuming you mean from the assault chest. I got a 440 helm (it had bad traits though so off to the scrapper it goes :angry: )

Just finished the Uldum Assault.

Received a piece of 440 set gear…hands…not corrupted. Got an achievement for getting a piece from the new raid.

Got some momentous and 2000g.

There’s no guarantee of loot in these caches – and they’ve never said there would be. Everyone got a piece in their first assault because it was part of the storyline quest – its always corrupted to prompt the Cleansing feature – but players shouldn’t expect to always get gear out of these caches.

I was grouped when I completed the Aqir assault. I received a 445 uncorrupted, another player in the group received a 445 corrupted, and the last person in the group received no gear at all.

Here’s an exact quote off their content notes:

“After making some progress, you will face the lieutenant leading the enemy’s forces and, once victorious, you will be rewarded with a powerful piece of equipment and a Vessel of Horrific Visions, a key that gives you access to a new feature: Horrific Visions.”

I don’t know about you, but with my understanding of English there’s a big difference between “You will be rewarded with” vs “You will have a chance of being rewarded with”

11 Likes

Hmm… I didn’t get gear nor Vessel of Horrific Visions…

If this is a bug, I can’t believe how many major issues there with this patch…

1 Like

It doesn’t help that Blizzard so far has refused to answer any questions on whether these ARE bugs or not, like with the loot situation in Horrific Visions. They dropped loot all the time on the PTR up to the last day, but they aren’t on live now. Bugged or intended? Nobody knows.

2 Likes

yep, if it didnt state in their own words that Assaults drop gear, we wouldn’t be posting about it. A clarification would be nice.

435 belt in one, 200 war resources in alts.

The glitch level this patch is off the charts.

I’m struggling to think of a patch week that was worse… Maybe AQ with the teleporting boats? Ulduar’s loading screen boss?

Hard to say, hard to say.

3 Likes

Think I received 440 corrupted wrists in mine which were useful I guess.

The scenario itself felt pretty lackluster. Legion invasions except they took longer.

That section about gear is specifically under the Servants of N’zoth part which is the weekly major assault. The sections on the minor assaults (Mantid, Aqir, Black Empire, Amathet, and Mogu) say nothing about gear.

Buddy, “Black Empire” IS the “weekly major assault”. The above line refers to all 6 assault types. Read through it all again.

1 Like

I just got a piece of 430 azerite shoulders. I can’t remember if my first character got anything but considering next week you should be able to get these easily in other content it isn’t a big issue for me.

What other content? It’s going to be another extra week at least for M+ to start giving you Season 4 gear, and Horrific Visions also have the same issue. That leaves only raids, but people need corrupted gear now to prep for for raid progression. Even with the recent Infinite Stars nerfs, corrupted gear can lead to anywhere between 2k to 14k dps increases per piece.

Oh I thought Season 4 started next week. In any case when the next season starts, the regular world quests were giving my character ilvl 420 gear on the PTR so I imagine emissaries should hit around ilvl 440 or so.

But yeah, I don’t raid so I don’t need anything - lucky me. Sorry for you.

Season 4 does start next week, but the first week of M+ will always drop the previous season’s gear, despite being tuned for the newest season.

So M+ next week will have Season 4’s tuning and increased scaling, but will only start dropping Season 4 gear in both weekly chest and end of dungeon chests at the start of week 2. This makes it even more important to have the corrupted affixes. To a lesser extent this issue also affects rated PvP players too. With so many sources of corrupted gear bugged, there’s only a small handful who got really lucky and received corrupted gear. This puts them far ahead over the majority of players, giving them an edge in the first few weeks.

For people who do ANY form of end game or competitive content: this is a huge issue.

1 Like