No Focus Unit = Unsubscribing 2nd Account

Oh come on, you’ve been passive-aggressively harassing me for a year. You even like all the posts that personally insult me to a heavy degree.

The one with an issue here isn’t me.

2 Likes

I’m sure the CFO is doing an analysis of how missing your $14.99 a month will bankrupt the company.

2 Likes

Focus target takes away the skill in PvP

learn to keep an eye on enemies and which spell they are casting and get good at tab targeting / click targeting if you want to interrupt them

having the option to focus target takes a large amount of skill out of PvP.

1 Like

He’s been doing the same thing with me too.

Technically so has Fesz but to a much, much lesser degree.

With Broken it’s almost like it’s personal for some reason.

1 Like

I don’t hate multiboxing. I never cared for the 5 shaman groups I saw in Bgs. But I wasn’t much of a PvPer either.

I think multiboxing is a novelty… and abused in order to gain an advantage in game. But people do that all the time.

But if Blizzard doesn’t make it so you can script out of party targets/focus frames… it’s not the end of the world… nor is it the end of multiboxing.

1 Like

I think anyone here for longer than a month knows your gimmick.

Monitors numbers of who likes who’s posts on various posts of others, charting their passive-aggressive potential. Insists others are the ones with the issues.
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Apparently a lot of people will unsub if this isn’t “fixed” pronto. Goodness, it’s probably a majority of players! I guess all those tons of people I see dual- or multi-boxing in game will be all lonely now.

I hope they can find a way to recover from this massive revenue loss.

4 Likes

Multiboxers can cry me a river .!.

2 Likes

In all honesty, guys, I don’t think the passive-aggressive sarcasm is helping anything. If anything it’s making this community look like a bunch of tools.

“Never forget who you are. Wear it like armor and it can never be used against you.”

-Abraham Lincoln 2019

Alright, that’s enough. Leave me alone.

1 Like

I thought it was Tyrion Lannister who said that.

Well someone trying to force a change out of them by saying “I’ll unsubscribe one of my accounts” isn’t exactly a shining beacon.

4 Likes

IS it a change, though? We really haven’t gotten a concrete answer either way.

Elorallel says one thing, Fesz says another… who’s correct and who’s not?

Didn’t read all the replies, but I know it’s going to mess up my cc/interupt/dispells not having these macros available.

Even if it was a change, Blizzard isn’t going to bend over backwards to help someone for the sole reason of Multibooxing.

They have always been very hands off for Multiboxing. It’s “tolerated but not supported” is what they used to say.

It’s just like the /follow for BGs. When they removed that it ruined PVP multi-boxers and Blizzard said “Well, that sucks. Sorry.”

1 Like

It would be a change with respect to them changing their mind on something they already implemented in Classic.

As for focus in Vanilla? I don’t know, I didn’t use focus macros until BC. I didn’t even really know about them until then. All I know is there wasn’t much support for focus until Burning Crusade patches - you can go back in the patch notes and see them. That’s not really my fight, though, nor have I commented on it because I don’t know how it was in Vanilla.

I’m not really referring to Vanilla changes. This is something Blizzard apparently already did with the Classic client.

I’m not arguing for it due to multiboxing.

It stands to reason it’s not just multiboxers who used these macros, and those other people who AREN’T multiboxers are going to suffer just as badly if not moreso if these macros aren’t in when they should be.

Punishing everyone because of the actions of some isn’t a sound strategy.

And if this macro existed in Vanilla, it should exist in Classic.

So DID it exist?

My guess is that dual & multi-boxing players are a niche, and therefore the revenue stream that you’re threatening blizzard with is really just a small drop in the bucket of their incoming subscriber dollars.

Furthermore I think the majority of subscribers that are interested in playing classic would be offended by multi-boxing. Therefore blizzard has stronger financial incentive to protect the interest of its classic server “base players” which are largely your average joe shmoo players just trying to have fun playing a game that they loved and lost… and in a sort of way, multi-boxers help to chisel away at what made WoW so great.

3 Likes

If that’s the case I would like to see more info from someone who used these macros for purposes other than multiboxing in Vanilla so we can know how exactly it would affect gameplay. Looking around I see a lot of “post 2.0” focus macros and not any information on “pre-2.0” focus macros.

We talked about trust earlier… I’m not gonna trust someone who just wants this so they can skip a few button presses/window swapping while dual boxing in Classic and threatens to unsubscribe if it isn’t up to their standards.

2 Likes