No Flying Realms for Wrath

This just causes further division to a community that it’s bound to die slowly because there is no new content.

So no, but thanks for the suggestion.

Poor troll attempt. Wrath zones were designed with flight in mind. Try again with a more plausible argument.

1 Like

No. Just no.

:cookie:

When the world is telling you you’re wrong… actually more specifically when the chucklheads on the forums are all telling you you’re wrong then clearly you are saying something that needs to be said. Gonna keep this thread alive for as long as possible. And there’s numerous people that want no-flying. I’ve talked to hundreds of people in game in classic. Maybe not so much in retail. But clearly these people rarely ever go to the forums. But fyi, since you ppl like to pretend im the only one. There was a post in the classic discussion forums just last week saying they wanted no-flying and it got numerous likes. Guess your guys little narrative doesn’t hold any water huh?

“Muh no likes” lol get real. The more people that hate my post tells me that I just need to dig in.

Because so many people clearly hate it too. I mean… it should be pretty obvious that I said “You want. We all want it” as bait for responses. Worked pretty well!

Do you really think that this is what that means. Do I need to explain to you in detail the error in your logic or are you going to try and figure this out for yourself? If there was a weapon put into the game that allowed you to 1 hit any boss and it makes yourself invulnerable everyone would want to have it. Everyone would want the power to solo raids. But should that thing be in the game? Clearly it shouldn’t be. Just because people want something doesn’t mean it’s good for the game. I like having the ability to rapidly travel where I need to be. But i know that it has a cost. A cost that isn’t worth the benefits.

I’m pretty sure I already did that… with that mage floating ice on the water thing.

Try actually reading my post and then try responding again.

So you admit to being a troll, got it, now I know to ignore anything else you post, ty for the heads up.

4 Likes

Did you really just compare a one shot ability/weapon to how we get around? Do I need to explain the error in your logic.

That isn’t even remotely close to what I said. A lot of people want flying to stay. But a lot of people also don’t want flying. This statement isn’t a contradiction. But you are clearly a troll.

It wasn’t a comparison it was an analogy. Do you need me to tell you the difference between analogies and comparisons? Do you understand what logic is?

Maybe not, but either do you, so we stick with flying always and forever because we are both to stupid. Well you may want to stay on the ground, that up and down stuff may confuse you.

Let me further expound on my analogy. The point was to demonstrate that clearly the suggestion that just because players would want to have something doesn’t mean it should be in the game. Do you think blizzard should give everyone free gold? A million per player perhaps? No. Why not? Because this is something they should earn. Prices are an obstacle in the game that players need to consistently deal with. Players need to be able to earn their gold to get what they want.

Should Blizzard just give everyone free gear from all the strongest raid bosses? No. Because bosses are an obstacle that players need to overcome to reap the rewards of actually playing the game. And I am suggesting that flying, the utility that allows you to fly over all the obstacles the world of the game has to provide is antithetical to WoW, and all MMOs. Flying is bad for the long term health of the game.

Saying “But I already explored everything once. Just give me a flying mount so I don’t have to do it ever again!” Is like saying “But I already defeated all the hardest bosses. Why should I have to do it again with my alts? Just give me all the best gear from those bosses that I already proved I can earn on all of my characters!” Videogames are built around overcoming obstacles and earning rewards. If you want further rewards you should overcome the obstacles again.

And as I explained earlier. Not flying forces players to navigate in-game environmental obstacles and go over bridges, travel through trails in between mountains or go through caves. Ask yourself why flying mounts aren’t allowed in most dungeons or instances. Why should this same logic not apply to the rest of the game? Yes. I could just not use my flying mounts in a game where there’s no flying mounts. What does this accomplish? It accomplishes me gimping myself with no benefit while everyone is in the skies and I get to interact with an empty world, save the few players that are leveling alts.

The point is to cultivate an environment where players are constantly bumping into each other and interacting in the world rather than only in instances. Flying drastically reduces player interaction outside of instances. That is one of the biggest problems with flying but not the only problem.

I am not trying to make everyone suffer. I am trying to make the game more enjoyable for everyone for the long term. Flying is what players want to have but it is not good for the game. Though clearly its very hard to take it away once that bell has been rung. That’s why I am suggesting it for classic wrath. Where people only have 3 or 4 flying mounts at this point. Rather than the hundreds that people have in retail. But no… everyone just keep calling me a toxic troll.

This just reads like some person who thinks they know better than everyone else because of how they feel tbh. Mega cringe.

2 Likes

this, in your thread calling for no flying, which has been in the game since 2007. Good job you made yourself look braindead in 1 tiny little sentence. Threads over guys dudes got nothing

I read your post. We do not need changes to the zones just to appease your desire. The game is supposed to be true to the original. I even will go so far as to support LFD tool when they get to that part of the content that it originally released with. This is not Thromnabular’s WoW. Stop trying to press your vision of a game onto others.

1 Like

“I read your post” still doesnt read the post

what part of storm peaks is completely accessible by ground mount do you not understand? You wouldn’t have to CHANGE any part of the zone at all.

And it was a mistake since that day. Removing it however wasn’t called for until after cataclysm when it became available everywhere. Also you ppl saying no-flying isn’t tenable are using the exact same arguments people used when in wrath people were asking for flying in all of Azeroth “it can’t be done! Have you seen the map? There are giant areas that are completely undeveloped! It would take too many resource to make flying workable in Azeroth! Stop asking for it!”

When no one agrees with you, it’s not everyone else being wrong. Even your Classic buddies aren’t supporting you and they would support anything retail plays disagreed with purely on spite 99% of the time.

Yes it is B)

As I already said there was a no-flying post in the classic forums and it had numerous likes.

Pretty sure it would be this part:

Did I misunderstand your post?

1 Like

no one wants this - those servers would be dead

Older people like flying, too. They don’t like to have their time wasted to make somebody who isn’t even intending to play it happy. Complain about purists if you want, but remember: most of the purists aren’t planning on playing the game anyway, and especially not if it was turned back into what the devs want to turn it into.

Northrend would not be fully accessible sans flight without massive changes that would be highly inauthentic.

There was ONE no-flying post? ONE? No doubt started by an employee and liked by other employees to make it appear there was demand.

Kind of like when players were told that LFD was being removed because “we heard from the community”, which was 2 streamers, a friend of a friend who hadn’t played since vanilla, and Ion.

1 Like

I was trying to bring along an alt at one point and I found a problem with Northend. I skipped Outland. Chromie sent me to Northend so I didn’t have flying yet.

In most cases when you get to a new area within a zone you will get sent out on two or three quests. You go to the area, do the quests and return.

But several of the Northend zones had a lot of one quest runs. First time around, years ago, I was able to fly back and forth pretty quickly but without flying it was a long ride out to do one quest then return.

I would think that would have to be addressed to make a non-flying Northend playable.

good luck with Naxx…