No Dual Specs - Blue response inside

Good. We’ll hopefully stop seeing threads about it popping up all the time.

4 Likes

what is so hard to understand? wrath was designed to have dual spec. TBC was not, as we now have HARD evidence for.

4 Likes

Did the OG blue back in 2007 also promote Paid character boosts, paid silly mounts and a silly hearthstone?

6 Likes

Ohh man this makes me want to cry. Seeing arena players getting the dumpster treatment starting in 2007.

On another note, I understand the no change Andy’s. But here’s the thing, I’d rather have friends to play with. Concessions need to be made or tbc will be dead.

2 Likes

Okay then, my character level means everything to you, not the fact that I have had and have numerous 60s, 70s, 80s and then stopped after cata was released. But that means I have NO IDEA what I am talking about, okay then.

https://web.archive.org/web/20090214224139/http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/dualspec.html

Nethaera: Why are we allowing players to dual spec after all this time?
Ghostcrawler: We really felt like this was a great way to increase the flexibility available to players and encourage them to take part in more aspects of the game. To use just one example, some players like to participate in both raids and Arenas, which is awesome behavior that we want to promote. But, there are some talents which are more useful in one part of the game than another. Currently, players have to pay respec costs and go through the process of setting up the desired talent spec and action bars whenever they switch.

The new system makes this a much more logical process, saving on time and cost and allowing players to easily move from one aspect of the game to another.

Direct repudiation of each of Neth’s original points, which is why Neth asked the question, and GC explained. GC literally used the exact example that Neth dismissed.

Dual Spec’s exclusion for these reasons no longer applies and hasn’t applied for over a decade.

PS - We’re playing TBCC, not TBC, which is why we got faction seals for Paladins, paid boosts, store mounts, staggered raid schedule, removal of spell batching, Arena changes galore, etc.

12 Likes

The irony of the argument posted is that within a year dual spec was implemented. Things change, people change, you can change too!

4 Likes

Spell batching was only there because the world had crap internet still back in 2007. It wasn’t needed in classic and it wasn’t needed in TBCC. It was being abused by people being able to hearth to one location while setting their hearth in their current location to abuse instant teleports.

The other changes should not have been added/made to the game either because it’s not TBC. Should have just called it TBC Reforged since it’s not the game we played.

2 Likes

my friends play plenty. here’s a radical idea: maybe some of your friends don’t want to play a classic game from 15 years ago. and that’s OKAY. they can play a different, more modern game.

2 Likes

Your character level, his raid progression, his gear, basically everything that tells me you’re actually invested in the game.

A level 13 character shows me you really don’t care. You’re just trying to start a fight in these forums.

You’re basically posting about a topic from afar. You have no real investment in any this.

Level your toon. Go do raids. Go do PvP. Get involved with the TBC Classic community. Otherwise, you’re just posting in ignorance.

3 Likes

Is there proof of your statement? I would contend that DS was instituted because a huge amount of feedback forced them into it… like most every change… tons of people asked for it so they included it in the next expac as it would of been difficult to institute in TBC because they were already working on Wrath.
But who knows for sure?

I am neither pro or con on DS in TBC… I just find the excuse completely laughable as it was the reason for no DS all the way up to the last second of Wrath launch then all the sudden the reason was no longer valid… its hilarious to me.

3 Likes

This is a bit misleading in nature as the post is clearly from 2007… we’ve already seen them make changes and in fact at this point the majority of the community is in favor of #somechanges.

the proof is that wrath has dual spec, and TBC does not.
no, they didn’t jam dual spec into a game that wasn’t designed for it just because of some forum whining. the old blizzard NEVER operated that way, I can assure you.

2 Likes

Bold of you to assume I’m a guy, but please, keep telling me how I have nothing to contribute because I’m “posting from afar” and haven’t raided any of the content in TBCC. Please keep going, I love it.

Not starting a fight, proving a point with a response from blizzard from back in TBC.

3 Likes

Glad you edited your post. Cause they absolutely do it on a consistent basis now.

2 Likes

That’s hard to say. It might be that the majority of the people who are complaining are in favor of #somechange (it might not), but the only evidence as far as I know, is that a streamer made a poll. Which isn’t nothing, but it’s not necessarily clear that that represents the majority.

And the entire reason Classic exists is because some people thought that the way WoW was designed in 2007 was BETTER than it is currently.

Yes, a trend that began in Wrath and led to the decline and eventual ruination of the game. At some point Blizzard lost their spine and started giving in to the whiners instead of telling them “no” when it was for their own good.

2 Likes

“some forum whinning” got it included in the next expac and every expac since… your downplaying how important the “whinning” was is almost as funny as Blizz’s excuse for not doing it then turning around and doing it…

I don’t need to keep telling you something I already told you. It’s more for the benefit of anyone reading this thread than it something I posted in response to you.

You are trying to get people riled up by posting something about a topic you clearly have done no research on nor really know anything about.

You probably don’t even know what changes have already been implemented in TBC Classic given you refuse to even answer when Seal of the Martyr was first implemented.

2 Likes

Actually it wasn’t until 3.1 launched that DS came into the game. So it wasn’t even in the wrath launch.

1 Like