No disrespect but eso can release xpac every year

correct me if I am wrong. But, we get a lot more free content than ESO. Each major patch we have is a mini-expansion in itself. 8.2 came with a lot of content. I don’t think ESO comes out with major patch updates like that unless its an expansion.

Sure, if you don’t mind giving up crafting or half/all your gear sets or spending half you time doing bag management and shuffling items between characters. Oh and that doesn’t even consider that most DLC’s are only adding 2 four-man dungeons and some new skins for the crown store. If those DLC’s don’t change the meta then you have literally no reason to buy them outside of chasing achievements.

I played ESO for 5 years before coming back to wow, I was there since beta, its not bad it has its positives, but it’s not some better than wow alternative.

They tried that,saw it was a bad idea now are back to their old flow. Don’t like it? Then go play ESO and its sea of paywalls. At least with WoW the purchaseable items are just neat and optional cosmetics not counting the boost and services all MMOs have. The paywall to unlock some of the things in ESO are still pretty ridonkulous.

Further let me give you some comparisons to the excellent zenimax customer service.

I had an issue with a quest in ESO where I lacked a completion of something I had already done. I sent in a ticket part of which asked me to explain my problem, I received an automated email that asked me to explain my problem again, I responded I included screen shots, character name, platform, and information from the online guide for the quest. 2-3 days later I got a response directing me to go to the online walk through that I had already mentioned in the email. I responded again telling them I had already done that and showing them again. 2-3 days and I get a response telling me that I need to tell them my character name and platform, which again was in the first response email. So yet again I told them the information, this time by including a screen shot of the first response email. 2-3 days I received a response telling me to repeat all the steps I had already done and asking me to let them know if it was still a problem. I repeated the steps and responded irately as to them ignoring my documentation of the event, I including video clips this time. After one more week they told me they were unsure of what was causing the issue but they could confirm that it was a bug and they were planning on fixing it in an upcoming patch. 2 months before the DLC and it was fixed.

That was only my second worst experience with their customer service. My worst experience was when I had transferred my account to xbox platform(a full year after xbox client was supposed to be released mind you). I had been on xbox for 6 months or more and suddenly my ESO+ sub stoppedworking, I put in a ticket. Waited for the automated email, replied again detailing my full issue. I waited 2-3 days and received a response that there was NOTHING they could do. I informed them that this was unnacceptable as I had paid for a subscription. They informed me again that they were sorry but there was nothing they could do. I went to their forums and made a thread advising people not to purchase ESO+ as they were a scam to steal your money. My thread was taken down in 5 min and I was contacted by a forum moderator apologizing for my experience and asking me to resubmit another ticket while ensuring that I would get a reply shortly. I resubmitted and they informed me that I needed to contact xbox live for the issue, I contacted xbox live and they said I needed to go back to ESO. This happened 2 more times before the xbox live rep said he thought they could just delete my old sub and resubscribe like I was a brand new member. This fixed the issue. It was astonishing to me that a game could take your money and someone at their office would essentially say “oh well”.

Now just for reference, when I came back to wow, I was having a problem with a quest. I submitted a ticket and received a response fixing my issue in under 3 hours WHILE I WAS STILL PLAYING.

During CATA I wanted to play my warrior again, only problem was I had deleted him. I received a response to my ticket and my warrior was restored the same day. A character I DELETED was restored the same day by request.

ESO does not offer remotely the same customer service as WoW. Don’t get me wrong I LOVED the world of ESO, I actually really liked the gameplay for the first 3 years. I stuck with it cause I felt I had invested so much. I don’t think it’s a bad game, its not better than WoW, its different.

ESO isnt even as good as Wildstar. Why would anything ESO does apply to WoW?

I dunno, 10% more gold and exp, plus the premium currency sounds like it would benefit more than just crafters.

ESO is a good game, it isn’t perfect but neither is WoW. No game is perfect. The problem comes in when there is more bad than good and WoW has hit that mark. They need to do SOMETHING different next expansion to turn that around.

You’re forgetting about the major and minor patches that bring new content. Such as 8.1.5, 8.2, 8.2.5, 8.3

A World of Warcraft expansion every year would be too soon! The current trend being around two years is pretty good. This expansion has seemed a bit slower than Legion so far, but we will see how things shake out.

ESO didn’t have all their lands ready, but everyone knew what they were due to previous Elder Scrolls series, and half of it was already out there.

Blizzard doesn’t more than likely because they don’t need to. They know people will play anyways.