No Credit for World Boss

Did the Zaqali Elders TWICE, but still no credit for completion. Tagged both of them both times.

Edit: Make that THREE times!

8 Likes

This just happened to me, too.

1 Like

Received no credit, either.  Good to know the same problem still exists in patch 10.2.6 just like it did in 10.1.0…  :melting_face:

2 Likes

Took me 2 kills to get credit and get the awakened chest.

No credit and no cache dropped. Screw it, i have better things to waste time on than this joke.

2 Likes

This is because the world quest doesn’t properly trigger when you enter the area. I just had it happen to me too. Relogging in the area doesn’t seem to get it to trigger either.

2 Likes

Worked on the first 5 characters now I can’t get it to work after three tries, lol.

1 Like

If the tanks separate them too far you don’t get credit for it since they move one out of the area for the world quest.

Same. And I spaced out my runs, one right after maintenance and about 5 mins ago.

Bugs be buggin.

Happened on multiple characters.

1 Like

Still unable to do “Zaqali Elders” on any characters due to the world quest not “triggering” despite trying everything.  It is completely broken for me.

Edit: Managed to do it on one character, but only because she logged in where I parked her at to a group fighting the bosses.

I tried again. I still haven’t completed Zaqali Elders wq, but I got the credit on trading post for killing a world boss with my orphan. Is it failing to complete because we’ve been in raid groups?

just did it 3 times, no credit at all

Three kills now, no WQ credit or chest. And now the WQ won’t even register, even though it’s visible on the map and the Elders are right there. It’s been, what, 36 hours? I genuinely can’t understand why Blizzard haven’t pushed a hotfix.

1 Like

I may have found a way.
Not sure if this can be called a work around.

But someone was saying that if you don’t see the “Zaqali Elders” daily quest listed under “World Quests” in your UI, then it would most likely bug.
If that happens, find a group in GF. Join them and see if the World Quest pops up in your UI.
If it does, do the kill with that group.
And don’t let anyone mistakenly pull as there might be a chance that it will bug out if it despawns and respawns again.

If you’re lucky enough to get the World Quest to pop up in your UI on your shard, you should make a group. I’ve been able to complete the World Boss WQ consecutively this way.

Edit: To me, it seems like certain shards are bugged out regarding this specific world boss WQ, so you just have to find a shard that’s working.

Edit 2: It worked again. I created a group this time, since I saw the WQ popup without bugging out.

I had to hearth back to The Great Seal (basically out of the Dragon Isles), log out, log back in and travel back to the caverns to get it to trigger. Pretty lame

Same here no quest reward

I had the world quest pop up and stay up the entire kill and still not get credit although I got credit for the travelers log for the kill. What you are suggesting is just RNG happening. There is a definite bug and having the world quest show up doesn’t fix things

1 Like

No it isn’t - I have had the world quest trigger and it stay up the entire kill and it still never completed. I don’t run addons so it isn’t that. I did get credit for the travelers log for the kill so the game is recognizing the kill the quest just doesn’t complete and you don’t get the loot.

this isn’t the entire issue either because when I did it they were pretty close together and the world quest stayed up the entire time.

2 Likes

I had the exact situation as you did.

Bugs are everywhere, that’s why they even designed a WQ asking you to kill bugs.

1 Like