No catch up for alts

blizzard has officially posted that there will not be any type of catch up for alts past 15 cloak. So for the rest of BFA you will just have to deal with always being behind on corruption resistance and getting your +3 or 6 a week. so sorry to break it to all of you guys who wanted a catch up added but it’s official now it will never happen.

3 Likes

First off, I love your name.

Didn’t they add all kinds of catch ups already?

1 Like

People not at max resistance right now can get +6 resistance a week. People at max can only get +3. Also, it stops at 125, so after your main hits 125, your alts still get 6 per week. That’s the catch-up given. Many are not happy with it and want more, but just thought I’ll point it out.

2 Likes

i just gave up

i took a break in 8.2 and only really came back at the midpoint of 8.3, i missed out on everything and it’s gonna take a while to unlock it all

ill just play something else till shadowlands comes out then start again, hopefully not missing out too much haha

6 Likes

I’m also in the gave up camp.

6 Likes

Source?

/10char

I’m specifically talking about after you reach max cloak rank there’s no plans to add a catch up for that

1 Like

Technically there already is one. If you are current on your cloak, you can only get a single upgrade a week. If you are behind, you can get two. You just have to kill n’zoth on non-LFR and do a full clear. Not the greatest of catch ups if you are a non raider but it is still there.

2 Likes

I’ve played on and off this entire expansion, I just gave up too.

There’s so much crap to worry about just to get up to par.

7 Likes

Same. My main is up to date, I run my 1 vision per week to get the upgrade but the alts are a big fat no.

1 Like

Oh. Didn’t know that. So you max the cloak and then have to max something else?

it really is dumb on their part. It drives new players away so much and also takes away from the replay value with playing alts when you get bored. every week it gets worse and worse.

2 Likes

There is a simple solution in my opinion… A 3rd Malefic Core needs to be added. I believe it should be tied to your weekly M+ chest and should require a 10+ in time. Those still needing ranks are likely not to find a 10+ in time trivial, especially with some of the affixes.

This would allow those who want to work toward catching up an additional path to do so. Having players added back to the pool that may have taken a break from burnout or real life issues would not be a bad thing. You would still have to put in effort to receive the core, and it would be tied to the Awakened affix which fits the N’Zoth fantasy.

People want to feel powerful this late in an expac, and as we have seen, some classes are significantly outpacing others. Many may want to reroll at this point. There will still be a time gate and effort needed to get there.

Having a ton of corruptions available to buy is meaningless if you cannot use them. Just like requiring 4 pages from 8-11, then 2 from 12-15, it makes no sense.

1 Like

I heard they had an announcement about easier catch up. They said…

“All max-level players can now use Echoes of Ny’alotha to purchase Preserved Contaminants from MOTHER in the Chamber of Heart.”

Except they removed the ability of toons without a cloak from earning echoes in the previous update, and it hasn’t been returned. So that statement is at best misleading and at worst a lie.

So here’s a fun fact:

1. I’ve been keeping my cloak capped since January.
  2. You gain corruption resistance TWICE as fast as I did.
  3. If you start on your cloak this week, we each hit the corruption cap in September AT THE SAME TIME.

The current catch-up is more than adequate.

3 Likes

You were one of those kids in Kindergarten that cried to the teacher when someone took your toy away I bet.

This type of mentality toward people catching up is detrimental to the game. More players is not a bad thing.

1 Like

I agree, but the way to get more players is with retention. Not by rewarding people for quitting.

1 Like

Dude what? All these systems are driving people away, fixing the problem is gonna bring them back and keep them.

3 Likes

We’re talking about people who quit before the cloak came out, who are now demanding that their cloaks should be the same as people who have been playing since January.

So they quit before the cloak was available, because of the cloak. According to you.

Again, very negative mentality to have. Some people quit for family issues. There has been a pandemic going on if you were not aware. Not everyone was able to self quarantine. People get called away on active duty. Sometimes people just need a break.

One additional core path per week doesn’t hand anything to them. It just helps them get back in the end game slightly faster.