No boost for accounts with existing lvl 60, change my mind

So you just get another account and boost it nbd. How dare you underestimate the power of my wallet

Just because they said it can be used for new players doesn’t mean that it’s set in stone that it’s the only thing they intended it for lol. I’m mean that’s a REALLY narrow minded way to view the world if you just take the literal word of what someone said the first time and assume they won’t ever budge or elaborate ever to that first statement.

It’s obviously there to ATTRACT new players, but obviously it was never intended to just be for them, OBVIOUSLY. Otherwise they would have never allowed current players to use it in the first place right? Some critical thinking goes a long way

Oh you really want to go there? Maybe when they bring it up they will also have to change the million of other changes that they are doing as well, go through every single patch cycle and leave world buffs in the game until tbc. Might as well limit the servers to a smaller amount too and bring back their old server system that crashed every other day when tbc released.

Don’t be silly dude. This isn’t tbc. This is tbc classic. It isn’t meant to be a 1:1 copy. It’s meant to emulate tbc in a way where you can play that version of the game again but it’s obviously going to have some changes in order to keep it at least accessible to today’s gamers. If they add a change that benefits the game but doesn’t change the atmosphere too much you should be happy about it.

Of course they are going to want some money from this. They aren’t even charging you a box price.

It seems you really want this to be as authentic as possible right? So let’s throw in a box price instead of the boost. Let’s roll back all the changes they have made for the better as well. Bring back all the old cruddy servers, bring back the broken patches that existed from 2.0-2.4.3. That will for sure make sure this game will survive.

Let’s not learn from our lessons of classic whatsoever, so when tbc launches we can REALLY guarantee it dies within a month or two of it opening up.

You people really have no original thoughts or critical thinking do you.

1 Like

So do you write everything with a pen? If you’re so perfect you should, if no one makes a mistake right!?

People can change their minds about what class they want to play. If someone played a rogue forever, and decided to then play a priest, and they boosts that priest, tell me how that will effect you playing the game in any way? waiting…

Why is it your problem what I’m going to do with my account?
I always can reactivate my inactive account or buy new and boost to 58. It’s only $15/mo. I want lock and not going to level 6th character in classic zones again.

1 Like

That’s just promoting botters to use the service. hard pass.

No boost for accounts without existing lvl 60, change my mind.

because arguing the opposite side of a (OPs) dumb argument, with another (yours) doesnt accomplish much ;p

I think their initial explanation of it is their purest thought process on their justification for it.

You can look at it that way if you want. I think they just wanted to pretend it wasn’t a thing while justifying it another way. The simple fact is that TBC boosts isn’t in keeping with the theme of Classic and preserving the game to the best of their ability. That’s why they’re having this having their cake and eat it too scenario.

“We’re never going to allow Boosts in Vanilla because that’s not what the game was about back then…ANYWAYS INTRODUCING TBC BOOSTS WHERE IT OBVIOUSLY MAKES SENSE”

This is just nonsensical drivel. First off yes, I think it’d actually be neato for Blizzard to try to recreate the expansion patch cycles as closely as possible, but who really knows what data they actually have to pull that kind of stuff off. 5+ years ago Classic wasn’t possible because they didn’t have the data, then suddenly LOLWEFOUNDIT. That’s pretty sus.

But I also know that amount of time and effort is extraordinarily high end and unlikely to really have any sort of subscription payoff for developer time being worth it. As unfortunate as some may find it it’s acceptable to take running on a patch while they create their artificially created phases. They also didn’t spend some time on trivial changes like taking out the open all feature incorporated into Retail. They were just like “Enjoy being able to hit open all I guess…addons would have done it anyways so moving on”

But boosts are different. Boosts are being added onto the game for a very specific reason: money. It’s tacked on. It’s not difficult or painful for them to create, in fact the tech has existed since about MoP.

Cut the crap. TBC Classic not being a perfect 1:1 rendition of TBC is a far cry from debating the necessity of boosts and if you want to argue that TBC can’t be successful without paid boosts then we probably shouldn’t even be launching it to begin with because it will crash and burn if that’s the case. The Classic community was supposed to be this minor part of the playerbase that just wanted to relive the glory days and the game would die out because Classic content was finite, but here we are 2 years later going strong anyways.

Spoiler Alert: I don’t think boosts are overall a benefit to the game.

Even if Classic only maintains 1M subs they are getting paid ~360M for developing any expansion. Moreover I’d rather just pay to access the expansion, but you highlighted a point I already made earlier: This boost is their attempt at reboxing an expansion purchase. Not everyone will purchase, but hey, 50-70% purchasing it is like reselling an expansion again and all they had to do was sell you technology that’s been around since MoP.

-Sure, I’ll pay money for access to TBC. I’m not broke.

-Funny you mention server size because one of the big issues we’ve seen on Classic is that they made too big of servers. I’m fine with smaller servers because big servers results it way too much competition for finite resources.

But again you sit here and try to compare adding a paid service over development decisions they make in the recreation of 15+ year old data. It’s by far the dumbest argument out there boost defenders make.

Ah so you do believe that TBC can’t live without boosts? Really the game should just be shut down then, it’s totally doomed at that point.

You’re the one defending Blizzard and acting like they don’t have some massive conflict of interest in justifying why the game needs the boosts. You’re the one drinking the kool-aid here not me.

Lol.

What? What does this even mean lol. This doesn’t address what I said at all.

No dude that’s not how companies work lol I’m sorry. Blizzard isn’t just sitting around a table rubbing their hands just sitting here thinking “HEHEHE LETS SAY THIS IS FOR THIS GROUP OF PEOPLE SO WE CAN GET AWAY WITH OUR MASTER PLAN BUT LETS REALLY ALLOW IT FOR EVERYONE MUAHAHAHHA”

You people seriously watch too much anime or something with these evil plotting villians lol.

No, they are a company, they can make a feature that is aimed for a targeted group of people, advertise it as such, and just allowed others to use it too…because…that would be absolutely stupid to forcibly X out half of your potential customers just for reasons lol.

A company can be ADVERTISED to one group, but still allow other groups to participate and that’s completely ok lol.

How come Trix Cereal doesn’t disallow adults from eating their cereal??? I MEAN WTF THEIR SLOGAN IS TRIX ARE FOR KIDS WTF THESE MONEY GRUBBING CEOS OUT THERE.

This is legit what you sound like lol.

It is, that was the point I was making. You guys sound extremely dumb and these suggestions are just as dumb as the ones you are suggesting. THanks for picking up on that.

Spoiler alert: I don’t care what you think, it doesn’t effect you either way.

And this is where I’m going to have to stop reading your post man. I’m sorry, I can’t. It’s just too stupid. Nothing you are saying is making any sense and you’re just randomly bickering just to bicker. TBH I don’t even think the boost bothers you that much. I think you are just a stupid person who wants to argue whether they are right or wrong, it doesn’t matter.

Now all i can think of is this scene,

1 Like

Lol that’s actually perfect. Except this group of people think the same way Liams character does but unironically, and expect us to take them serious. Hahahaha

You know you’ve lost when you resort to ad hominem attacks.

Cheers!

can’t argue against actual points

decides he won because he got called a bad word

Solid strategy mate. Say something dumb enough to get someone to call you dumb then claim victory because they said a mean word.

What do you want me to do? Waste my time arguing someone who has stated he’s not reading my posts anymore?

Doing a great job of that by the way.

Nah I fully expected you to double down on your logic that because trix cereal doesn’t force adults to not eat it that they are also a money grabbing sacks of crap.

How dare a company advertise for a specific group of people and not turn off the feature for literally anyone else. How on earth…

Sorry for being smart enough to not bother going down that rabbit hole with you.

Ultimately you are the one who signed off (unsuccessfully thus far mind you) so don’t sit here and twist this around on me because I didn’t waste my time rebutting you.

But hey I’ll do what you said you would and stop posting here. See you in the next thread.

Yeah that rabbit hole that’s a good pun you got there. Those crazy evil companies making slogans like trix are for kids and the AUDACITY they have to allow adults to eat it.

Just like the damn boost. They advertise it to new players so they have incentive to come back, and they even the CAHONES to even suggest letting anyone else use it.

Companies should only allow the people that they SPECIFICALLY advertise towards to be allowed to use their products, and if they don’t actively try to make others not allowed to use these products then they are an evil company.

no one needs to change your mind
Bobby already decided
your input is not required

Classic community outraged. Blizzard silent and continuing forth sets the stage for classic players to stay in vanilla. Let retail flock to TBC and let them take over.

Yea, all like 6 of em on the forums which represents a fraction of very loud wow classic players. So, no the community is not outrages, a few people are.