No boost for accounts with existing lvl 60, change my mind

They shouldn’t. If this is made for new players who want to play with their friends, normal players who pretend to be for the classic experience and have been creating drama for years now shouldn’t get a boost. No boost for accounts who own a lvl 60 character in Classic.

We all know they will use it and pretend that others aren’t hardcore enough

22 Likes

What are you on about?

6 Likes

In retrospect…I kind of agree. Because the whole point of having a DK (back in Wrath) was to have a character at Level 55. The 58 Boost kind of makes that point moot, now :woozy_face:

EDIT: Good thing I quoted your OP, before you edited it out. I have your original copy LOL

Got a weird *** bug. Had to take it away to make sure. Also a typo… lol big sigh

1 Like

Why should I change your mind? Blizz is gonna do it regardless of what you think.

5 Likes

100% agree with this.

I really can’t see how anybody could possibly disagree with this point. Blizzard have been clear that the purpose of the boost is to allow people who didn’t play Classic Vanilla to play Classic BC.

With that in mind, why should I be able to buy a boost? I have four 60s, I don’t need a leg up.

6 Likes

The OPs post was very very clear.

Perhaps you can’t read?

4 Likes

While I see your point the issue is botting, I think that if they’re going to boosting you mine as well open it up to everyone. This gates existing players from something bots are going to abuse so based on that I’m absolutely not for locking players with 60s out.

If you want to make the argument for no boosts at all I would agree but we both know it’s happening.

Bots won’t abuse boosting. They have no reason to.

1 Like

So, tough luck for anyone that wants a server or faction change…?

2 Likes

Actually the OP isn’t wrong, but isn’t right. While the boost is made for new players to get the into the game, it also serves as a breath of fresh air for the vet players to choose new mains. It also allows friends to level on equal footing with each other. I like the boosts since it brings new people to tbc and makes the launch super hype. That’s my take.

4 Likes

you mean apart from the part where they can directly start farming in dungeons at level 58 without anyone to report them?

2 Likes

No need to change your mind.
Your mind does not reflect reality.

Level 58 boost is a reality you will have to accept.

Cope.

6 Likes

At the end of the day, the real purpose is to make more money. Anything else they say is Public relations bs. SO, nah, man. Not going to happen.

1 Like

Sigh… you people pushing this bots thing really have no clue how bots function do you.

I’ll gladly walk you through it though. Why do you think they would spend their own money to hit end level sooner?

I would agree with this if we could take our old characters we played in ACTUAL TBC and copy them to a TBCC server at level 60.

No boosts period plz.

At a higher cost. They aren’t unlimited funds. They could boost 1 and start immediately or use their army to 24/7 boost 4-5 non paid chars in a few days.

I think the 4-5 won’t have any issue running down the profits of that 1

1 Like

People don’t need to change your mind. You are happy to feel the way you want even if this makes you decide to quit. Blizzard is putting the boost in, and its not going to get more restrictions, a boost has been added to every expansion pack for quite a while now, so its not surprising they added it to TBC on its second time around. They have found it effective for a variety of reasons and would have data to show it is otherwise they would have discontinued using it like they did with RAF.

The boost wont hurt the game, its not going to suddenly make any more bots than there are, and its going to bring in some new players some of which will stick around some of which wont. It will also allow some people already playing to add another alt if they desire.

1 Like

There’s no money in that.

And if that doesn’t change your mind, then you don’t work at Blizzard and so there’s no real reason for people who do want boosts to worry about changing your mind.