No boost for accounts with existing lvl 60, change my mind

I mean the part where the big companies already have 200+ Million gold available on all servers.

My server on the most popular website has close to a BILLION gold for sale, yes you heard that right.

Now tell me why they would ever need to buy a boost to bot more gold when the demand clearly doesn’t keep up with the supply?

They don’t need to boost to bot quicker, they have enough gold in stock to not waste $60 bucks to boost.

No that’s not the purpose of the boost, as per what Blizzard said directly.

By that logic why not just sell us unlimited boosts? I want to buy a boost every time I want to make a new character with a friend please.

That is fine… with me I have 5 60s, 1 52, 1 50, and have 3 35s who will later become a level 60 Draenei Mage, Shaman, and Warrior.

I don’t see an issue.

The boost just shouldn’t exist at all.

5 Likes

That’s easy enough. You don’t get to tell others how they spend their money.

You have a bit of a blanket statement going there :slight_smile:

Would be nice if you could use it on Blood Elves or Draenei, then. Weird that the new races, a big reason for new players and veterans alike to play new characters, aren’t available to be boosted.

Because epic flying costs close to 6k gold and there’s thousands of players on each realm. Items will be traded in 5 digit gold values or higher, and profession respeccing to maximize cloth production is 150g each time at level 70 on top of respeccing being 50g for all the raiding, dungeons, and arena people will be doing.

Don’t be naive.

It’s funny that you actually believe “they have enough” is ever a possibility for them.

How about no boosts at all, that would be even COOLER

2 Likes

Tell me what blizzard said specifically, word for word actually.

They will continue to bot, just because they have enough doesn’t mean they won’t bot, but make no mistake the boost is useless to them.

It’s cute you think they will go through a billion gold tho.

If there was 10,000 players on my server they would have enough gold on stock ALREADY to support every person buying 80,000 gold.

80,000 gold is around $3,000, I doubt most people have that just laying around to spend on a video game.

That’s just the gold the got while in classic, in a version of the game without boosts and the demand never caught the supply, there is just no way they need to buy boosts to make gold faster.

Boost was put in to allow new players who had no interest in classic to play TBC if they were interested.

Oh, they do go through that quite often, I’d imagine. They just continue to produce more, is all. If they stopped farming gold, that billion would be gone pretty quickly, especially with an expansion launch.

Do you have any idea how many billions of gold will be spent in the first week of TBC?

There are more than 10k players on your realm, and they have multiple characters. Some items will be going for 80k gold.

You’d be surprised how much people are willing to pay, particularly the people with lots of money but little time. It’s sort of why boosts are being offered, actually: to capitalize on people with lots of money but no time to actually earn anything for themselves.

That said, I do agree that not many people are dropping that kind of money. It’s probably fairly rare. However, small purchases of a few thousand many times over? Those are very common, I’m sure.

And yet players with level 58+ characters can still pay for it.

The boost was put in to get Blizzard more money, and “new players” is the excuse apologists will accept so they can monetize the game further at the expense of its quality.

only no-lifers think like that you might be able to spend 20 hours a day in your basement playing wow some of us have real lives

well lets just make everyone start at lvl 1 again no gold no anything . im good with that. love the “earn” anything HA HA another no-lifer

Why should I have to restart just because you’re lazy and want to pay money to skip the game?’

Ah yes, a no-lifer because I suggested that people should actually have to play the game to earn the rewards therein.

Go away, retail troll.

3 Likes

“If this is made for new players who want to play with their friends”

The operative word in this assumption is ‘if’. This is a reason that (most likely) marketing came up with, but it’s my perception that the bottom line is ‘they’ are not making as much money as anticipated and need to find ways to optimize their cash options to convince corporate execs that ‘they’ should continue to exist. Wow is waning. I’m beginning to doubt that it will last long enough to see WotLK classic.

And the “if” is true. Blizzard says it’s for new players who want to play with their friends.

There’s a lot of my friends, for example, who maybe didn’t really play Classic when it first came out, right? So now they’re behind, and they’re interested in playing the Burning Crusade. This was, for a lot of people, their favorite expansion that we’ve done. We want to make sure those people are served, too. One of the ways we can do that is provide a boost to people that are interested in coming back that maybe aren’t interested in doing the Classic WoW experience but maybe wanna hop right into Outland as quickly as possible.”

“Yeah, so, the team – we spent quite a lot of time discussing it because we want to make sure we respect the time and people who have been playing Classic for two years but also we want people to be able to enjoy Burning Crusade. They loved it the first time and maybe missed Classic, so we are gonna offer a level 58 boost for purchase, but it does come with some restrictions. It’s gonna be one per account, it’s not gonna be usable on Blood Elf or Draenei, it’ll have some dungeon blues, it’ll have level 40 mount skill, no professions. The basics. Basically your Outland starting kit.”

“That’s cool. I mean, that’s a really great way to jump into the game, for sure.”

That’s the full quote for the boost in the deep dive that was aired during Blizzconline. Certainly seems like it’s for new players to me.

Let’s look at the official page for TBC.

"I have never played WoW Classic but I’m interested in Burning Crusade Classic. How can I join my friends?
If you don’t have characters ready for the journey beyond the Dark Portal and are interested in adventuring in Outland with your friends, we will offer an optional Level-58 Character Boost service closer to the launch of Burning Crusade Classic.

This boost will not be usable on Classic Era realms or on the new blood elf or draenei races; in addition, players will be limited to boosting only one character per World of Warcraft account. Further details, including details around pricing and availability, will be announced at a later date."

Wow, that certainly reads like it’s for new players. Especially the part where it says “I have never played WoW Classic.” What about some blue posts on the forums?

“… avoid minimizing the accomplishments of existing players or skipping any new content at launch.”

Existing players. As opposed to… well, NEW players.

Well, the new players coming back for me want to play alliance, and I don’t have any alliance toons. Therefore I will use the boost to play with them.

Also I had been dual boxing for all of classic and want to cut down to 1 account. I wouldn’t have a mage on the main account, and if I boosted one I’d have a 58 mage in awful gear instead of a 60 mage in raid gear. The 60 mage would never be played again, and I would continue on this new mage.

Point taken. It’s my perception that this is not the only reason, only the one that’s been given officially for the boost.

The real reason is money, obviously.

I suppose the point of the “if the point of boosts is” arguments is to point out the inconsistency in that reasoning, e.g. it’s for new players but veterans can use it, and they’re charging for it when a free boost would mean more new players.

I don’t think anyone making these arguments actually cares to have the boost modified in this way; they’d rather the boost didn’t exist at all and are using these compromises as a means of proving that proponents are only interested in being able to pay to skip content and don’t actually care about new players.