No boost for accounts with existing lvl 60, change my mind

Then don’t buy it.

Why would botters spend $20 or $30 on a boost for 1 bot when that same $20 or $30 could fund 5-8 more bots?

think for a second

Boosts are happening no matter how much a few people whine about them. It is all about $$$ and there is no way blizzard is going to change their minds about getting free money.:moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

These people don’t understand how botting and botters work at all.

They seriously believe they sell their gold as soon as they make it. They don’t. They sit on mountains of gold they have been farming for literal years now and try to sell it off ASAP. They will not spend actual money out of pocket in order to have an extra day or two of gold generation when they already make more gold than they sell and they are already sitting on sometimes tens of millions of gold already.

FFS some of these botters don’t even try to spend their own money on their own accounts lol. They will use stolen credit cards, stolen wow accounts, or just bot up retail gold to get a token just so they don’t spend their own real life money.

But yeah, they will totally spend the money to buy a boosted character so their bot isn’t LEVELING FOR THEM for a couple days.

Actually clueless.

I already have 3 Sixties. I will have 4, possibly 5 or 6, by the time TBCC drops. When I buy a boost to get a spare crafter, that is going to make any notable difference in the world how?

That’s right, Blizzard are saying one thing and doing another. Blatantly.

So, lets talk this through…

There are those households where a child under the age of 16 is allowed to play WoW but has to do so on thier parents account. This child would like to play TBC but their father already has a level 60 on the account.

What about that scenario?

I’m not buying a boost. I get 1 and only 1 for free.

Lol you’re missing the point entirely.

But sure

Ummm what? There are no free boosts like on retail.

2 Likes

Ok the boost is there to roll with friends right? What if we all want to reroll on a different server or faction? What if I want to go a healer this time around with my friend who is taking the class that I use to play, but I don’t want to play that class anymore?

TBC does not come with a free boost. Everyone has to buy the boost, there are no free ones like in retail.

Exactly! What if I played Classic and got an Alliance to 60 on a PvP server. Now TBC is coming out and some of my friends want to play. They buy the boosts and want to play on a PvE server as Horde.

Oh but because I already have a 60, I am now no longer allowed to boost a character to play with my friends? Yeah, Blizzard is not going to do that! The way it is now is the best way to offer it.

I’m not sure if OP realizes that Bot/Farm accounts are created fresh every time and will still be able to boost with this suggestion. Isn’t the only actual legitimate complaint that farmers/botters will abuse this?

What in the actual smooth brain sam hell is going on here? Maybe OP is a botter/farmer and wants to corner the market on quick 58s.

Why do you care?

Excellent point! When a bot gets banned, they create a brand-new account, an account that does not have a level 60 on it and therefore would be eligable for a Boost, based on the OPs suggestion.

This whole thread is 100% about elitist behaviors of “I had to walk up hill both ways and so should you”. It has nothing to do with bots.

Or purhaps you are right and all the mage boosters see a market collapsing and are doing everything they can to try and prevent it, including making up smooth-brained theories about bots.

What happens if they are alliance and they decide to go horde with another friend for TBC? Should they have to sit it out?

Do we actually know how this is going to work or is this all conjecture at this point?

It was in the Blizzcon Dev Panel, they specifcally said “Boosts will be available for a fee”.

1 Like

Thanks. I didn’t see that. Guess I zoned out during that time. Information on the internet is all over the place.

I had assumed they were doing things like retail; 1 free boost per account period no extras.

I’m totally against any paid services for Classic era servers.

1 Like