No Benediction Queue for 4 days

Poor indie company… u.u

1 Like

They transferred. Idiot.

1 Like

Explain why 20k players on benediction, faerlina, and grobbulus just suddenly stopped logging in last thursday at 9pm pacific time… There are population queries being run 24/7 on the new servers. They grew by a couple thousand, not 60k. The same bots are in all the same places. So not enough transferred, the bots are all still there, and 60k people are not going to universally change their behavior all together. But we are the ones that are nuts?

Pretty sure the actual bottleneck is read write on the database. Because it’s an MMO, and not boomer book, they need to make certain there’s a single source of truth. No distributing transactions, and figuring it out later.

I have yet to see a single talking head, whether it’s a streamer, or literal whos on the forum, explain what specifically they could upgrade. Probably because they assume it’s as simple as them slapping some more disk space, ram, or upgrading the switch for faster network.

3 Likes

To where? Eranikus transfers were broken and the server has not increased in size for days now. Sulfuras was locked long before queues stopped. OB has fewer total characters than benediction has logged in at one time. You think they took paid transfers to dead servers?

“So put as plainly as possible, we cannot increase capacity any more without inviting additional and likely cascading failures to the service. At present, the best and only way to resolve this issue for the impacted realms, is for people to leave the realm via free transfers . There’s no technology solution to this. There is no hardware solution to this. This situation will not improve when Wrath of the Lich King Classic launches on September 26th, it will only get worse.”

Which can be overcome with enough money. There are millions of databases that move MUCH more data than all of wow combined and they run just fine. They should have been honest and said “we don’t WANT to spend the money to upgrade the hardward”

Yeah, I mean people aren’t even trying to prove it. It’s all just speculation.

I don’t fully trust Blizzard either and would believe actual proof of increased server capacity. Personally. Without that, it’s just a theory.

1 Like

This is all false. You have no idea what you are talking about. Queues started dying down because of sulfuras and eranikus. Plenty of people transferred off.

1 Like

And there was still queues all day/evening on thursday and magically nothing since… That’s not how any of this works lol

So true :+1: people make no sense lmao.

1 Like

Yeah the launch of LK will bring queues back did I say otherwise, trolllololol?

of course they will be back. Force more transfers that will all pay to go back at the end of december right at year end. It’s a brilliant strat for them to ensure they get their bonuses.

Total throughput isn’t the only criteria you have to meet in this case. You need to be sure that data integrity is solid. Again, I encourage you to provide details.

What specific database software do you think would improve the situation? How would you optimize what they have?

“Just spend more money” doesn’t always work when you’re talking IT.

1 Like

It’s a troll.

its the calm before the storm

1 Like

The only theory I’ve seen, that makes sense to me, is that they MAY have been actively lowering the cap as they got transfers. Dropping the bar progressively as total server pops dropped from the ridiculous states that they were in.

It would explain the transfer lock on pagle, which hasn’t had queues at all, and barely broke 3 layers most of the time. It’s very clear they do not want mega servers to exist, and will probably never allow them to exist from this point forward

My bet, is that grob/faerlina/benediction end up getting multi hour long queues on launch. Whether it’s people coming back, or blizzard dropping the caps to force moves, doesn’t matter. Age of mega servers is over, and these people thinking they’ll get to transfer back, or that queues will go away before pop is where blizzard wants it, is delusional.

1 Like

They literally host Warzone.

it’s much MORE complex too as hit detection / reg./ anticheat and houses over a million people at any one given time

1 Like

you don’t think all databases ensure data integrity? Even the AH could easily be spread out over multiple database instances with minimal impact to the coding. Update a couple pointers and good to go. Granted there needs to be testing and QA and all but they’ve had almost 3 years to do so.

Can’t tell if you’re trolling or not. Do you really think the demands on a database are remotely equivalent between an MMO and some client to client FPS?

2 Likes