No Balance Changes? Literally just delete SoM

Well when you don’t have the brain capacity for critical thinking, that is what you end up with sadly

1 Like

Yep, you’re absolutely right.

SOM is pretty much DOA in it’s current form. I’ll be surprised if they do another season after SOM flops big time.

3 Likes

Whats unique about being useless? Half the specs have zero uses in vanilla. Get over yourself and your purist BS. Its only going to make the game better to throw a little balance around.

6 Likes

I haven’t played classic yet.

World buffs are like 30-40% of a warrior’s DPS in classic/vanilla. Honestly not sure how warriors would get stronger relatively without them; warriors will feel much weaker to play without the insane rage generation from having 45-50% crit easily attainable through WBs and other classes shouldn’t feel as nerfed. Warriors are the most world buff dependent class in the game. And I’d imagine rogues are second due to all the crit they get.

Warrior only works in TBC because we have such high levels of crit naturally and the extra talents in the fury tree at 70, but without WBs, it will be a lot tougher to reach those needed crit levels until Naxx.

1 Like

Lol, so without world buffs and with buffed boss HP you think anything is going to beat warriors on the meters? You have no idea what you’re talking about. Look at non WB parses. Yes warriors benefit hugely from world buffs but without them they’re still better dps than every other class. I played classic and I also played 15 years ago in vanilla.

You keep telling people to go back to tbc but you don’t even know what classic was like, maybe play the game if you think you should have a say on what is in it.

6 Likes

Have fun when no one plays SoM. I know I won’t without balancing, and I’ve never played a hybrid. It’s DOA if they just puke out XP boost. And I was initially excited for it.

2 Likes

Maybe in one of the seasons they’ll do it lmao. If they’re gonna spice up the Classic game they really should do some balancing. No one is saying making everyone OP, just do something so a class isn’t literally unplayable or an extreme PITA to deal with.

1 Like

ah yes, 10 seasons of the same exact game playing the same exact classes and having the same classes be garbage for 10 years in a row.
wow boomers are low i.q

2 Likes

I still would play SoM as is, but having SOME balance changes would be nice. Maybe just some small ones for this season, and bigger ones for next season if this project is successful.

1 Like

Maybe. I suspect that a large reason the Classic Era population is so low now is the way they decided to roll out TBC Classic where you had to choose then, rather than be able to upgrade a character to TBC Classic from Classic Era any time.

2 Likes

I’d be cool with balancing but I have zero faith left. I can imagine that balancing would not be something like:

“We’ve carefully analyzed thousands of logs and other performance metrics collected in game by us and are going to make the following changes: a 5% increase in spell power coefficient for XXXX class, increasing the mana regen per spirit by XXXXX, etc. We will carefully monitor this over the next 3 weeks and adjust further as needed. We welcome your feedback.”

Instead it would likely be something like:

“Hey, Blizzard never told us but it’s been confirmed by player testing that they’ve cut warrior rage generation in half and tripled the damage of starfire. They’ve also increased tank aggro generation across the board by 800%. Shadowbolt is no longer in the game, and ignite only applies during execute phase”

2 Likes

Oh no classic wont be classic unless all the brain dead idiots can play their lazor chickens and live out their ret paladin power fantasies!

Classic doesn’t need “balance”, it needs you morons to do your research, understand this is an old game, that its a product of it’s time and just pick a class that doesn’t suck and be happy with it.

People that harp on about how they absolutely need to be able to play their survival hunter in vanilla and refuse to touch anything else are absolute morons!

Go play retail. Seriously. I know it’s a cliche statement, but if you really want all that crap so badly and it’s so important to you, then just go play retail ffs.

You are not a classic fan, you never played vanilla, you never petitioned to blizzard to return classic servers, you’re a tourist who think playing a lazor chicken/ret paladin is a personality type and you get a kick out of being “that guy”, you get your enjoyment out of this game by making other people miserable and telling yourself that since your the only one playing an overgrown chicken that somehow your a special snowflake for “ignoring the meta” and you’re better than everyone else!

Screw meme specs, the game works just fine without them, if you play a ret paladin, a shadow priest, an oomkin, just go play retail and leave the classic players alone.

4 Likes

amen. god bless this gnome

It also make those specs living gods in pvp if you up their mana regen, you’re a moron that doesn’t understand there is a reason why meme specs are the way they are, you can’t buff them for raiding without gigabuffing them in pvp.

Most “meme” specs are actually “PvP specs”, arguing to make every spec work in PvE is as stupid as arguing that every spec should be viable in PvP as well.

That’s not how it works, if I enter a battleground and I’m a pve specd rogue I’m going to get destroyed by people who are specd properly, that’s how this game works, that’s how this game has always worked.

Meme specs showing up to raid are basically lazy players showing up to raid in their PvP spec refusing to talent swap to the most effective raid built, it’s selfish, most “meme” spec players are ego-maniacs who just thrive off attention and drama they get for playing a meme spec.

I guarantee the day they make meme specs viable is the day these players get bored and play something else, it’s the taboo of playing a “meme” spec that makes these idiots find the class so appealing in the first place…

1 Like

Noone played meme specs because they couldn’t, this is season of mastery, we lived through vanilla, we lived through “no changes” and season of mastery is “some changes” so I don’t understand the hate, a small MP5 buff to shadow priests won’t make them living gods, they were already going to wreck you 1v1, they’re not even that good outside of 1v1s.

Ele shaman might be a problem, but only if you let them hardcast in the back the entire fight.

Have you seen what geared warriors with healers do in PvP? And no-one complains. A shift in the meta is a bit of fun, we had no changes, it had massive issues.

I played fury warrior, frost mage and MM hunter in classic, and I am sure about 99% of the player base probably played into the meta specs for their role too.

Being pigeon holed into a class/spec because you’re “selfish” if you don’t want to sucks. A change in the meta would be fun, and this is after all a game.

I signed the petition, I’ve played vanilla for a long long time and min-maxing the hell out of it is getting old.

you’re welcome to play retail and/or TBC classic then. don’t ruin vanilla for the rest of us.

Oh the guy who didn’t even play classic but wants to tell everyone to go back to tbc is back lol

5 Likes

Fixing the bad spec’s damage, the raid buffs they offer, and mana efficiency does not instantly make the game retail. Chill and use your brain please.

5 Likes

So you want Blizz to release (almost) the exact same thing over and over? No tweaks to end game meta at all?

2 Likes