No “Thank you for Reporting” after submitting 35 DK bot reports

So your suggestion is we live with it?

I can’t play battlegrounds because I lose every game with bots. If I want to play this game, I have to be okay with playing with robotic farm accounts? We are paying monthly to play alongside untethered farm bot accounts?

Nope keep reporting and let blizzard deal with them for every 5 accounts they close the boters and gold sellers have 100s of stolen accounts they can acess untill stop players from looking for the easy way out there will be cockroaches that will prey on the stupid.

4 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t support it though. They fight it every single day - just not to your time table.

This is an age old issue - one that many games even before WoW haven’t been able to solve.

7 Likes

You are missing the point. The reports are going unheard, and unacknowledged. Bots are more prevalent than any point in this game’s history.

Reporting is not my job, we know they are EVERYWHERE. We are paying them, its blizzards job to handle this in a timely fashion.

They are charging us for this service, yet not maintaining it.

No im not missing the point you dont seem to get that botting is a problem every MMO has had to deal with and none of them have found a permanat solution blizzard is always dealing with them just not as fast as you like but they are dealing with them.

Since all u want to do is argue im gona drop out.

4 Likes

This is misinformation. And has been debunked repeatedly.

It is in your best interest to report them. They can’t be investigated and caught if they aren’t reported. They’re handling it as they can.

If you have feedback, use the correct channels. Customer Support isn’t it. This is peer to peer help with in game issues, not a complaint bin.

7 Likes

So don’t complain about bots then…

6 Likes

Oh you work for blizzard? You have informed insight into their company protols? You know to what degree they take customer feedback and implement change? Why didn’t you say so?!! How long have you been a GM?

Oh yeah they dont have any operations to run against their player bank to search for repeat behavior. They have been monitoring player activity for 20 years but have no functions to pinpoint anomalies. I thought you were a GM?

I am paying for a service. The service is not functioning as intended do to scripted interference. The player vs player functionality is compromised. This is not a complaint, its a mechanical failure. The paying customers needs some insight into the nature of the problem, or better yet a solution.

1 Like

No. I read. Which you clearly do not.

And you’re getting it. If you feel you aren’t, again, use the correct feedback channels. This isn’t it.

Yes. It is. Post your feedback in game through the feedback link or on GD.

Have a nice day.

8 Likes

I’m not going to repeat myself again. This is the last time.

Customer Support Forum is peer to peer help with questions about gameplay. It is not a line to the devs. It is not going to get you access to feedback from them. They do not read anything here. There are no devs here.

If you have feedback, use the correct channels. No player here can do your bidding and suddenly delete all the people you think are bots. There are no “solutions” to be found here when Blizzard already spends a crap ton of time doing what they can and does not read this forum. Don’t like it? Then perhaps go to game development college and come up with a solution for all of the games out there, because all of them have botting issues.

Done and done. I will not feed the GD/Classic attitude any longer.

6 Likes

but this isn’t the case… is it.

you can log in just fine.
you can access the servers (which is what you pay for)

there is no issue with the functionality.

bots, that’s a different story.
yes, there are bots.
there have always been bots.
if your concern is about bots in pvp, take advantage of it until the next ban wave slaps them down.

during (original) wrath, the vast majority of bots were horde, so i took advantage of it to finish grinding out my WSG rep, and getting the Justicar title on my alliance mage. :laughing:

reports should be a one way thing.
if you got an auto-response saying thank you, you’d still wouldn’t be happy.
…nobody is going to send you a personal thanks every time you lodge a report.

the people who are trying to offer you guidance, have been around here for over a decade, and have a decent familiarity with how things work.
getting snippy with them, won’t bring about change.

9 Likes

For what it’s worth, I had noticed the same for a good stretch. That I hadn’t received a single “Thank you for reporting, the person you reported will be taken care of” notice.

Then all of a sudden I had a stack of like twenty-some notices that just appeared en masse to click through. So it may just be a hang-up in the system. There is also the chance that it may not be a cheating bot, but perhaps a multi-boxer lumped in with the ones who are actively playing illegally. But yeah. I too had noticed it after a number of weeks with nothing at all coming from my active reporting and then BAM. So that may be something similar going on in your case as well.

Please keep reporting bots at every chance you get. It is a never-ending war with them, but it would be so much worse if they don’t have the data coming in from you and other players.

4 Likes

They are all from different servers, I suppose thats possible but I thought the Multibox program only functioned on same server characters.

Its more than likely a 3rd party bot program because they all follow the same scripted paths, across all servers, all thorough the day. Exploiting the free “no level 55 first DK” feature.

They are also out in the world. if you do /who 64-66 you can see where they are clumped farming. I followed 5 in south shore herbing & Mining on a set route.

I believe your missing the point! There is no stopping botting from happening.

As long as your fellow players use the services of these people it will keep happening. They do actively ban them. But they have more and more accounts to bot with and more and more of your fellow players want to use their services. Even if they use them to gain in pvp knowing they could get suspended or banned.

This is a never ending fight we can never win.

1 Like

I’m not sure why you’re not getting a notification for the report. Your reports are appreciated, and go along way to help. It might take a while for those reports to be acted upon, these investigations try to be thorough to make sure innocent players are not caught up either. Not receiving a notification certainly doesn’t mean Blizzard is turning a blind eye to the report or the problem. Please don’t be discouraged in continuing to report what you can.

Disclaimer: I am not a employee, just a fellow concerned player with different color text. This is mainly a player discussion forum, and while support forum agents try to provide feedback, they’re not on around the clock and are not always able to post in every thread.

Feedback and suggestions can always be left for the development team in the game help menu.

6 Likes

This post probably is relevant.

4 Likes

They can’t use multibox programs any more. Any software that helps control multiple accounts at the same time are now prohibited. Only old-school multiboxing is allowed.

This right here. It’s the same discussion as people who complain about crime. “Why can’t police stop all the crime?” Because it’s not a “crime” until it actually happens.

That’s why this problem can not be solved. Not that they don’t want to, or they don’t pay enough attention to it. They literally CANNOT. It is impossible to proactively stop someone from doing something wrong.

5 Likes

Those notifications are generally associated with social penalties, not botting and exploitation. I am sorry, but as far as I know we usually do not provide any additional interaction after you have submit a right click report.

You should at least be receiving a “Thank you for the report” when submitting a right click report. If you are not, you might try resetting your UI.

Unfortunately, this type of exploitation is extremely popular in MMOs and the folks that make and use them are constantly working to improve their methods to keep from being detected. Our goal is and has always been to block their use, break them when we can, and develop detection methods that allow us to root them out.

We have a good deal of success at it, but obviously there are those that are more prevalent and resilient. Usually for longer than we’d like, then we’re able to break that method, which might slow it down for a time.

Technically, access to the game. Of course we want to make sure we deal with bugs and exploitation as best and as quickly as we can. That has always been our goal, but there is no timeline or guarantee associated with that desire.

They are not going unheard, the reports continue to be used in our investigations. They may go unacknowledged, but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t very much appreciated.

I would argue if bots are more prevalent then at any other point, that is often a matter of perspective because you happen to be at the aspect of the game where they seem to be.

No, but I do and would agree with Sendryn in this case. It also doesn’t take an employee to see the various times where we have disputed and challenged the misinformation that is often spread.

We understand the frustration that this type of exploitation causes and we continue to work to address the various forms of it. The only advice I can give you it to continue to report those you suspect of botting when you can.

I don’t believe leaving this one open will prove to be productive so I’m going to lock it up. Thanks, all.

9 Likes