Ninja loot in Classic

Classic or not this should have been addressed knowing this was a problem for many years. This is blizzard being lazy and has nothing to do with the “vanilla” experience classic could have been even better if simple fix like this were done I really don’t understand the logic.

1 Like

last i knew mages cant use 2h axes and thus shouldnt be able to need on that sort of item…in any event the spirit of the game dictates that if the screen shots/logs prove that a mage got something they shoudlnt ever been able to …you should make the other person whole… because no one in the race to 60 cares about the rep of a mage

But people wanted the Classic experience. Where do you draw the line?

If you feel something should be changed in Classic, you’ll want to use the in-game suggestion feature (when the servers are back) or post in the Classic General Discussion Forums.

12 Likes

And how, par tell, do you think they should’ve stop this from happening? The folks who wanted this said they wanted 100% to how it were back than, and that means things like ninja looters being part of it, too.

Folks who wanted it were back than and than folks turn around and say they should put in X, Y and Z into it as well to stop something that were fixed down the line.

7 Likes

This is what life was back then. Remember his name and spread the word on your server.

4 Likes

Disagree. This here. This was the crux of the vanilla experience.

Your actions had consequences.

We sold PvP protection while you were leveling. We parked mains near guild members alts that were leveling.

It got to the point when a ganker saw our guild tag they kept going. Assuming my level 10 could survive in a level 40 zone it would not be attacked. At all. For fear of 10 60s coming and dedicating their play time to camping you.

Reputation.

So yeah, it is the crux of vanilla and now classic too.

13 Likes

that was then…today no one will really care not until level 60

Warriors do use bows and it could have been an upgrade for him but that’s messed up that he just did it to disenchant.

IMO, this is what the classic server realm forums are for. Name and shame, hurt their rep as best you can.

I’m sorry that happened to you, as it is unfortunate. Make sure you remember that individuals name.

If it makes you feel any better, I freakin love your name.

That is naming and shaming on the forums. You are not allowed to do that. If you want, you can blacklist them in-game so you can’t hear from them ever again. You can also let other people know this person did this, but i’d provide some form of proof that he did do it or else people may think you are lying.

3 Likes

Back in the day of classic people would not pull crap like this! Why they would quickly earn guild kicks and find themselves unable to get dungeon or raid groups or find guilds willing to take them.

Naming and shaming on blizard forums is not allowed but word of mouth among players was all it took.

3 Likes

Stop that. Just because people want to go back and play the original game does not mean they didn’t recognize that it had faults that could be fixed. Blizzard recognized precisely this by not releasing WoW 1.0.0.

I highly discourage you from doing that.

Unless you dont want to post anymore that is, at least for a bit.

I mean imagine this. I accuse you, on an alt, of being a ninja on the forums. I get very creative and extremely convincing.

Except it never happened. This is the exact reason you cannot name and shame on the forums.

And, my rep isn’t hurt. I did it on an alt you cannot track

6 Likes

No, that’s how you earn yourself a ban. In-game chat channels (trade, lfg, world, etc) and server specific discord channels? Sure. But Blizzard’s official forums? Nope.

3 Likes

People wanted classic to be like it were back then, with all its issues. Folks not liking the fact there’s ninja looters is part of that time back then. Folks wanting this and that in is them wanting retail in a different form.

I don’t like folks spamming LFG in a zone I’m currently in, but I have to live with that due to not having a group finding system. Like the old saying goes, you take the good with the bad.

2 Likes

So what you do; is you inform the persons officers (And hope they arent biased) about the situation, as well as your own guild. So that people know that this person either needs to learn etiquette of the game; or they are a ninja looter and need to be avoided.

4 Likes

Yep. So even if the system implemented in Wrath (player must be able to use to hit Need) was available, the warrior still would’ve been able to hit Need.

And yes, while it was a jerk move to disenchant it, I don’t believe there is a disenchant button in Classic. Someone who has done dungeons in Classic, please correct me if I’m wrong. :slight_smile:

BWA-hahahahahaha!

deep breath

AH-hahahahahaha.

You really believe this?

Actually, it does. You want Classic? You got it. It’s not Classic if you just take all the modern-day conveniences and throw them in.

This is the problem that people who actually played Classic knew would happen. There were an ENORMOUS amount of discussions about this very situation int he months before the realms went live.

8 Likes

Sorry, but that assuredly is NOT what realm forums are for. We do not allow call out threads. If you have personal advice for your friends and guild mates, in-game, that is different. Having such accusations on blast, is generally considered harassment.

It might be time for this one to be closed now. Thanks all.

8 Likes