Ninja - Fairbanks

Ran an Onyxia pug with {Removed} and he said no reserves for the raid. He kicked anyone he didn’t want to give the head to and didn’t let the rolls happen.

Basically a ninja. GM of a guild…

I’m sorry, Chubby, but we do not allow call out threads.

That said, if there was an agreement when it came to how looting would work and the leader did not abide by it, that may be considered a scam. While we might not be able to restore the loot that you may have received, we can take appropriate actions based on scamming activity.

Please submit a report so a Game Master can investigate.

6 Likes

I hope you can get a satisfactory resolution to the issue. But be prepared for the possibility that that ninja looter might only have the item removed. Since there was no roll, the GM can’t know who should have really received the item. But hopefully the satisfaction of him losing the item will help assuage your disappointment.

Also, do not publicly disparage the ninja in any in-game public channels (like Trade or General or /yell). That’s also forbidden.

But you are permitted to tell everyone you know about this ninja and warn them against grouping with him. Whispers or Guild Chat or other private channels are acceptable means of sharing your warnings.

Actualy thats considered harrassment of said player bad idea.

5 Likes

I’ve been advised by a Blizzard rep that private communications to warn people you know about unscupulous players is perfectly acceptable. Whispers are fine. Even guild chat is fine. Not publicly broadcasting; just alerting everyone you know to be aware of the behavior of that player.

There is literally no other possibility. GMs never redistribute loot.

8 Likes

Rarely, but not never. There are a few cases where loot has been redistributed when it is clear where the entitlement lies and for items are are of extreme rarity. That’s most likely not the case here. But there are rare cases where loot has been redistributed in the past.

1 Like

I’m sure you can cite at least one example.

3 Likes

Ashes of Al’ar is one example of an item that might be redistributed due to its extreme rarity.

2 Likes

A headpiece is not comparable to an extremely rare mount. This is why you shouldn’t be parading that situation here. They are exceedingly different situations that do not compare.

Even so, loot redistribution would only happen if a scam happened. It’s rare that Blizzard would even deem a Master Looter situation as a scam. There have to be extensive, specific rules spelled out in a Blizzard-controlled medium to even begin to discuss such a situation.

Master Looter, by its very nature, does not go by highest roll. It’s inclusion in this game is a direct contrast to the default method of highest roll.

5 Likes

vrakthris used the words “…might not be able to restore the loot…”. i don’t think it requires more elaboration than that.

2 Likes

I never said it was comparable. I specifically told the OP that he should not expect the loot to be distributed, only that it might be removed from the ninja looter. Then Teufy made a very definitive generalization that loot is never redistributed. In fact, he even added italics for emphasis. I simply responded that in rare cases, it can be and has been. It’s best not to speak in such absolutes. Even the blues tend to avoid such absolutes, including in this very thread.

Then why mention it all? Your hypothetical had no relation to OP’s situation, and served only to confuse the situation and muddy the waters.

4 Likes

The Ashes of Al’ar is a mount. :slight_smile:

Reputation, especially on Classic, is important, but the doesn’t mean whispering everyone on the realm is a good idea. Having that kind of thing on blast can be considered harassment, but sharing your experience with friends and guildmates is a bit different.

These bumps after hours and the subsequent back and forth is getting a bit exhausting…

10 Likes