Nightfall - Melee Hunter vs Ret Paladin

I wouldn’t make statements about what Classic will be like in comparison to difficulty to Private Servers. Once we have a Beta we will have a good idea.

I actually have a question in regards to this.

Why has nobody actually tested this on live servers to get a precise uptime on the debuff/proc rate?

If someone is willing to supply me with a nightfall holler out and I’ll see what I can come up with.This toon is broke AF and just sits in org.

I don’t think people have said anything to the effect that it was anything short of a monumental effort.

What makes you feel they’re even close to truly accurate regarding PVE?

Why do you assume they’re over tuned? Would that not be dependent on the server you’re on? Are not some very different from others?

They censor anything they feel is “offensive”, it’s such a vague argument that it can be applied to nearly anything. I hear that there is a fellow how got banned almost a year later because the verbiage he used was previously OK but later on became an offensive subject and they banned him.

It is ridiculous, but that’s their absurd rules.

Actually a misnomer. The PVE videos I have seen of private server raiding is actually really bad. Not saying that the PVE videos of actual Vanilla is any good; these were typically produced by low to mid tier guilds who were documenting their progress or to provide bragging rights. They were not in any way a “Showcase of skill”.

The private server PVE is often available via streaming or youtube, and its down right pitiful to watch at times. I would not call this “epic skill” or new discoveries… Min-Maxing has been around for a very long time, and most of the stuff I keep seeing the private server players claiming as “advancement” is nothing more than the standard operating procedure for a mid to upper mid Vanilla guild.

I could be looking entirely in the wrong places, but I doubt I will see much better. So far I have not seen any PVP improvements either, nothing from the private realms is any more advanced or “leet” than the end of Vanilla / TBC era of PVP.

Its seriously cool that they exist and that they have done a fantastic thing for the Classic community by promoting the idea to Blizzard to FINALLY get this boat moving, but honestly I don’t see that they’re anything to write home about. In reality I doubt they’re any better or worse as a player base than the original generation of WoW players.

You may have personally improved, but not every player is equal; everyone develops as a player of a game at different rates. Some are fantastic from day 1, and some are crap for 5 years… Different players mature at different rates, and because of that it’s easy to mistake your own improvements and the improvements of your friends for a community wide advancement when the truth is the bar was already set 12 years ago.

alas Shaman can no longer use 2h weapons - from TBC onwards Enhancement Shaman were given dual wield instead

never mind the fact that so many classes’ abilities, talents and spells have changed immeasureably that testing on live retail would offer no results that could be transferred over to Vanilla/Classic

But does seal twisting work?

we still don’t know yet - will have to wait until Classic launches

TLDR - Seal Twisting was in the game ever since patch 1.11 when SoC gained its 0.5 sec delay but wasn’t actually discovered until TBC so we have no Vanilla era evidence upon which to examine and report on.

Overtuned?! LOL NO! You do realize that Light’s Hope had Naxx cleared just over 2 hours after it was released right? Those guys did know pretty much every little trick and were nearly perfect, but you should NOT be able to clear it that quickly on the first week if at all. Also don’t blame it on world buffs because those were disabled in Naxx when it was released.

1 Like

I’ve heard you rant about it for five years, I’m aware.

lol didn’t notice the toon name :stuck_out_tongue:

From WOTLK onwards 2H became less viable thanks to Lava Lash and from MoP onwards you couldn’t use Stormstrike with a 2H. Look at this toon, It has a 2H equipped.

Completely true but it’s a basis for a very accurate baseline proc rate and can establish accurate data on such based off of “real world data”. You can also gimmick things like flurry with haste gear and mimic proc rates with the ability to use more or less abilities.

1 Like

I still wouldn’t fully trust it, but being as Nightfall still has the “chance to fail against targets higher than level 60” thing I wouldn’t be surprised if they never bothered changing the proc rate on it. There wouldn’t be a need to, since Blizzard started becoming hyper focused on max level only in TBC.

The only thing we have to go on now is a very old archived comment from a player stating it was 2 PPM.

1 Like

This toon is level 60.

I’ve got a level 60 Warrior too, though I only mention that limit because with it they probably didn’t think about bothering to change how the proc work as it doesn’t affect max level content.

It’s more a matter of getting the item. Nightfall isn’t super cheap on the AH =P

are the mats to craft it still even available?

Requires [Lava Core] (8), [Fiery Core], [Arcanite Bar] (10), [Dark Iron Bar] (12), [Huge Emerald] (4)
https://classic.wowhead.com/item=19212/plans-nightfall

I don’t know what the % chance miss rate is on Modern WoW but I noticed that they changed how NPC avoidance works…

Glancing blows, misses, etc… It’s very different.

Could still be tested so long as the proc rate was not adjusted, but that information would need to be taken with a grain of salt because of that change in how hit chance mechanics have been changed.

Actually I think they might be.

As far as I know it’s all still available. I know that the cores still drop in Molten Core.

and if nothing else, I have old characters that have recipes for Arcanite and Dark Iron still.

well if you guys wanna craft it and test it on some target dummies then go nuts - just take the results with a grain of salt if there are glaring differences

1 Like

I’m inclined to say that any data about Nightfall’s proc should be taken with a gain of salt.

Our only options at the moment are a live server that could have changed decades ago, or a private server based off an archived comment from a player that may or may not have known what they’re talking about.

We’re really not going to have any certainty until Blizzard either tells us what it is, or releases Classic.

My guild had a Ret do this back in the day, and it worked great. The extra blessing, aura, and utility provided IMO would outstrip a little more uptime from an otherwise worthless melee hunter.

1 Like

The hit/miss chance has been removed but you would be going into a raid hit capped and you still get procs from glancing hits.

For sure, I was thinking just afk auto log on a dummy.

1 Like