Night Elves Should Go on a Crusade Against the Forsaken

I didn’t imply that. You thought the night elves trying to scare them away was terrorism, when heads on spikes serve the same purpose, to scare people away. If making the forest seem haunted didn’t scare them off, heads on pikes likely wouldn’t either.

2 Likes

who cares?
I was replying to Mara, who started this diatribe.

… by getting the quote that she mentioned?
https://i.imgur.com/7eQ0Pu5.png

Technically you started it with Micah.

While forgetting you spent most of that thread talking about how nelves talking in trees was terrorism, when trying to scare them off with heads on pikes serves the same purpose, stay out of the zone.

Actually, you replied to me.

This was neither funny nor somewhat sensible. As a result, I am going to punish you. I am going to put you on ignore until I go to work tomorrow. Normally this isn’t a punishment, but I know how you feel about me.

You need to up your game to avoid further such horrific punishments.

Again, the dishonest arguing!! It’s become your bread and butter!!
You were tagged because I quoted the lie you told, to bring context to what Mara posted.

Can the Night Elves even afford to go on a “crusade” with their numbers so diminished and their livelihood already in a precarious state?

Realistically no, but realism was never Blizzard’s mantra. They want night elves to be undefeatable, so they’re going to be embarassing the horde the entire expansion.
Get your bingo cards.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/639829237846638592/964969022053556254/unknown.png

This thread quickly became a subthread of another a thread. I haven’t been keeping up on that “Give the Horde a break” thread. The premise seemed like something I would avoid.

The Alliance certainly will do as it always has - antagonize and then cry foul when the Horde metes out justice. So I don’t expect them to start giving the Horde a break.

Blizzard uses the Horde as a multipurpose plot tool, to either be the villains or support the Heroics of the Alliance. I don’t see that changing.

But since the argument from that thread spilled over to this thread, maybe it had “interesting discussion”.

But the thing I really wanted to post about was :

Does anybody remember laughter?

3 Likes

What about the Priestesses of Elune? We’re told that they’re a major sect within Night Elven society, but rarely are they ever seen outside of Tyrande.

Also, on the subject of the Highborne, you can count on one hand the amount of named Shen’dralar that are among the Night Elves; that is why their visibility in representation is low.

Ummm,… What?

Alliance’s mere existence is antagonistic to the Horde.
Thats what he means.

Attacking the Warchief is an act of war, chief.

5 Likes

Genn attacked the Horde Warchief against the orders of his High King, and the High King of the Alliance privately rebuked him for it - but the Aliance gave no public acknowledgement to the Horde, much less recompense to the Horde for the lost equipment. Even Saurfang believed that was a testament to the Alliance’s aggression, and grounds for a war of survival.

He is satisfied with the reasons for the Good War, and even defends his actions to Tyrande when she saves Malfurion. It isn’t until Teldrassil burns and the Undercity is set as a trap, that he changes his mind.

The initial reason for Saurfang agreeing with War was the Alliance aggression at Stormheim, and the lack of any consequences for those who did it. And he was good with those reasons for starting the war. As am I. It was the stuff that came after that might have been a bit overboard.

9 Likes

Cool let’s go down the list then. Since World of Warcraft began:

Attacking Ashenvale for wood was an act of war.(This is how Warsong Gulch began)(Horde)
Attacking the Stormpike Dwarves archaeological expedition was an act of war.(This is how Alterac Valley began)(Horde)
Enslaving the King of Stormwind was an act of war.(Horde)
Attacking the Alliance from behind(while supposedly allied with them) at the Broken Front was an act of war.(Horde)
Attacking and blighting Gilneas unprovoked was an act of war.(Horde)
Attacking the ship of fleeing Goblins for no reason was an act of war.(Alliance)
Attacking Ashenvale again, for a second time, after a treaty was signed was n act of war.(Horde)
Invading from Northwatch was an act of war.(Alliance)
Attacking and blighting Southshore was an act of war.(Horde)
Bombing a neutral Druid school on Stonetalon was a war crime.(Horde)
Attacking, blighting, and experimenting on the survivors of, Hillsbrad is both an act of war and a war crime.(Horde)
Sieging and taking the town of Ambermill was an act of war.(Horde)
Burning the town of Pyrewood to the ground was an act of war. (Horde)
Invading Stromgarde was an act of war.(Horde)
Invading the Hinterlands and attacking the High Elves of Highvale was an act of war.(Horde)
Attacking Nethergarde Keep was an act of war.(Horde)
Attacking Lor’danel in Darkshore was an act of war.(Horde)
Invading Teldrasil to steal the divine Bell was an act of war.(Horde)
Mana-bombing Theramore was a war crime.(Horde)
Purge of Dalaran was a war crime.(Alliance)
Attacking the Alliance on Ashran was an act of war.(Horde)
Attacking the Warchief during Legion was an act of war.(Alliance)
Perpetuating an actual genocide on the Night Elves was both an act of war and a war crime.(Horde)
Invading and Attacking Kul Tiras(before they joined the Alliance) was an act of war.(Horde)
Attacking the invading Dazar Alor(before they joined the Horde) was an act of war.(Alliance)

Let’s tally that up.
Horde Acts of War and Warcrimes: 20
Alliance Acts of War and Warcrimes: 5

Now let’s look at your quote again:

So again I ask you; Ummm,… What?

9 Likes

Not only is that list of yours biased and incomplete but it is also inaccurate and irrelevant.

Biased and incomplete because it obviously is not a complete list, just the ones you deigned to mention.

Inaccurate because not every one of those actually led to war, they are just things you view as such. Some did, but not all in your list led to war. Saurfang actually mentions the events of Stormheim as a reason to go to war in his considerations. It is a reason the war began after the truce at the Broken Shore.

And to that point, your list is irrelevant because the Factions put aside their hostilities and coordinated militarily for the Broken Shore. The Alliance attack at Stormheim broke that tentative peace, and led to a War that is called a War in canon = The 4th War.

Basically meaning all the conflicts you mentioned between WC 3 / the Third War and the 4th War (which the Alliance initiated at Stormheim) don’t measure up to being numbered in the canon as a full on numbered War.

6 Likes

Goalposts, is it your actual day job to move them? You’re rather quite good at it from what I can tell, viewing your posts, so it makes me think you must be a professional at it. It however does also make it easy to see your own bias and ignore your headcanon view on the lore. So; thanks I guess?

And you are rather bad at understanding the canon and the lore, but given the recent Story, being bad at that could also mean you are a professional at it, working for Blizzard.

You can spout off your biased “acts of war” list, but most of them were done prior to the truce and military cooperation at the Broken Shore.

The Alliance attack at Stormheim was the first strike after that unity, and even Blizzard has it mentioned in Saurfang’s mind as a consideration to go to war. That aggression was canonically a reason for war - an actual War numbered in the canon - not my head canon. Unlike your biased, incomplete, and irrelevant list.

4 Likes

There are two main explanations IMO, both rooted in the theory presented in WC1/2, Cata/Mop, and BFA that the orcish race as a whole is literally incapable of learning anything, only orcs taught by white-skinned blonde haired humans ala Thrall and Taretha or Saurfang and Anduin can ever develop the ability to fully grasp the idea of Cause and Effect.

One, an offering of severed heads are a romantic gesture in Orcs’ violence-ruled society. They see a bunch of severed heads on pikes just outside a forest as the equivalent of a ‘lonely singles’ ad and get gussied up and dash into the woods hoping for a date.

Two, orcs are still eternally traumatized by the Botani of Gorgrond, and they automatically assume that the heads were severed by the trees themselves, and only attack them with fire and ax even more ferociously as a result. “NO! TREES CLAIM MORE VICTIMS!? WE MUST DESTROY!”

3 Likes

“None of that counts because it was all before my arbitrary cut off period. Thus my assertation that the Alliance has a history of antagonizing the Horde and then crying foul after is 100% lore accurate. I promise. Just ignore all this that happened before and provides mountains of context, and ignore that this is literally my one example taken out of context. I am right.”

This is you.

This made me laugh. Good post.

1 Like