Night elves did NOT get their revenge. This is unacceptable!

I think nelf fans just arnt used to losing very much. They prolly have some of the richest lore with the most triumphs of any race, and this is the first time in game they’ve actually been on the losing end of a (major) something.

8 Likes

On the losing end of something that cost them everything they have, and to make it even better: They will never get their revenge (confirmed)

7 Likes

You cannot be serious. The Night Elves’ entire history since WC3 has been losing things to make the Horde or, occasionally, some other threat actually look like a threat.

19 Likes

Only confirmed if you only read part of the quote and even then, only if you take it in the worst possible way.

4 Likes

Well as I said, saying that Nelves got their revenge implies that there is no need for a future event for the night elves, since them and the horde (specifically sylvanas) are completely even now, and all that happened could be forgotten.

Remember when before the warbringer, everyone thought that sylvanas wouldn’t burn the tree because it’s too evil even for her and doesn’t make sense? Well, the worst case happened.

2 Likes

Well hey yo, maybe shouldn’t of been meenies to the highborne, or given the orcs some lumber long ago. It will probably 3-4 expansions before ya get a new capitol city. I mean after all 1/2 of silvermoon is still in ruins.

:smiley:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, they should have just let the Horde clear cut their way through their ancestral forests, you’re right. Magic nearly destroyed the world back then, I don’t blame them at all for exiling the highborne for refusing to give it up.

5 Likes

Again, you only pick out part of the quote and ignore the context.

They’re taking a break from that while they explore Nazjatar. It’s not saying Night Elves aren’t ever going to come up.

But when asking about Nazjatar? Yeah. They did the thing where she’s getting her revenge, and they’re moving on to focus on other stuff from now.

Now if they asked what’s in store for Night Elves in all future patches, that’d be something to be worked up about.

But Patch 8.2 leaves a lot of stuff from patch 8.1 unanswered. And there’s stuff being answered in patch 8.2 that was dropped in patch 8.1. It’s an ongoing story.

And yeah, I remember back in the Warbringer when they didn’t even bring up “Who burnt down the tree?” but the community got itself all up in a tizzy about who did it like it was some kind of mystery because they misread what was being said. It all ends up spreading like a game of telephone until we get stuff like “Sylvanas is morally gray!”, which is another statement nobody actually made.

So the long and short of it is- try not to get yourself bent out of shape by what you thought a Dev implied about the story, or unconfirmed leaks, or anything else other than what’s actually happened in the game.

2 Likes

And? Instead of maybe keeping an eye on them they just went and created another fount of power. Big yikers on the night elves part, while also creating resentment towards the night elves. They really kileld 2 birds with one stone there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They didn’t mention anything of a break, they said they got their revenge and the story will from now on focus on other aspects. Night elves might come back, but not vengeful since they already somehow got their revenge.

I surely hope you are right, because as a night elf fan I want to see night elves get their redemption, but after what I’ve read in the interview I’m just left hopeless and disappointed

6 Likes

Are you still oblivious to the sarcasm, or are you just ignoring it for the larger point?

2 Likes

I’m not considering sarcasm. Sorry. You either knew what you were talking about or you don’t. I’m not speculating.

They didn’t mention a break because they weren’t asked about a break. They were asked specifically about whether Tyrandae would appear in Nazjatar as part of patch 8.2

And that’s the question they answered. Tyrandae and her revenge is not an 8.2 issue. Neither is Bwonsamdi’s boss. What happened to Vol’jin’s soul. The fate of that one lightbound undead, a certain black dragon and so many other questions left unanswered.

I can understand feeling hopeless and disappointed so far, but I think it’s best to base it on BfA’s actual writing and nonsensical story so far. Not hypothetical what-if’s derived from how Devs answer questions without thinking elaborating to specifically address players’ anxieties.

And if WoW can do anything, it can work Night Elves into a story.

1 Like

Elesana’s right though, this isn’t conjecture. They outright stated they felt Tyrande and the Night Elves got their revenge. Where do you go from there when the people writing the story have no intention of following any of it up?

6 Likes

Every time I read a thread like this I read it like, blizzard can you please trash the horde story any further for us and make the game more enjoyable for other people.

Thanks,

Usually some ally player bonus points if its a night elf avatar

These topics have gotten rather old rather quickly.

1 Like

They said stuff before and after that that changes the context.

Again, the question was asked as it relates to Tyrandae showing up in Nazjatar. She’s not showing up in Nazjatar because “she had her moment where we told some of her story and she got her revenge for the Night Elves. I don’t think we’re exploring her story too much more in Nazjatar.”

The ultimate fate of the Night Elves was not the question asked. It was not really addressed.

Also, the people asked were the Lead Encounter Designer and Senior Game Producer. I’m not saying these guys have no idea what’s going on in terms of the game’s story and writing, but you wouldn’t go to the Lead Fight Choreographer and Senior Producer of Avengers Endgame in order to ask them how they feel about the resolution of Tony Stark’s emotional arc in the franchise, right?

4 Likes

The implications of it are perfectly clear. If they consider the Night Elves’ revenge complete the next step is we’re going to be buddy buddy with the Horde again as if it never happened and that’s a pathetic copout.

8 Likes

i would like to think that this information was simply a misinformation, misinterpretation of words by the interviewer
or simply words out of context. i don’t know!

i mean, this is the same dude who said that gilneans would be getting heritage armor with the HD models.

because no one in their right mind would say that darkshore was anyything close to revenge,we didn’t even kill belmont,or nathanos… delaryn…or sira…it was kinda the opposite.

so what do you suggest then?
how we can have a good resolution to this mess that ends with both sides more or less satisfied?
how would you end the story that resolve the night elf genocide?
Blizzard,on purpose has written elegy and war of thorns as enraging as posible for maximum rage,hate and shock value.

how would you feel if any alliance character starts a war of agression on a innocent race, slaugther all their way and then burns a city full of civilians to make you as angry as possible, and please don’t even get me started on jaina she still has a lot work to do before being at the same level.
not only that but also our supposed “victories” and “retaliation” have been a clown fiesta.

people already want to kill alliance characters for far more less. others go as far as saying that atrocities like teldrassil are justified.

all what i am saying is that please understand why these threads even show up.
“a wound that can never heal”
“there would be justice one day, but others eyes would see it”.
This is in blizzard own words.

9 Likes

Its Latin…
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo

Think on it from different angles

Thing is the night elf military forces having been diverted to Silithus were fairly untouched by what went down at Teldrassil… it was the domestic defense and the civillians that took the brunt of the Horde’s attacks.

1 Like