Night Elves confirmed as being "nearly wiped out"

“an entire civilization nearly being wiped out”

This is really cool considering that 9.2 has no resolution for Teldrassil and all and that their souls were mostly obliterated, and obviously Sylvanas also won’t ever face justice because the victims of genocide have to endure never ending suffering until their final obliteration while their abusers are allowed to get away and thrive.

Absolutely gross

So it’s confirmed that it’s the end of the Night Elves then, being nearly wiped out, having their souls obliterated and not having any zones left either.

Just making this thread for those people who kept saying “ThE NiGhT ElVeS aReN’T NeArLy WiPeD OuT” even though it was very clear that there is no future for the race.
This also confirms that there can be no mass revival or anything, so yea…

25 Likes

If you’re a night elf fan by this point it’s sort of your cue to find another favorite race or just stop playing the game.

41 Likes

Blizzards continous obsession with pissing on night elf fans just proves they dont and never will care about what we have to say

38 Likes

Thanks for sharing the link and the interview.

3 Likes

She was tricked, silly. You cannot blame her for that. :slight_smile:

I would say those two figures have a lot to – I don’t know if ‘resolve’ is the right word, because can you ever resolve something that happens on the scale of an entire civilization nearly being wiped out? There is going to be some very heavy interaction between those characters, and that is pivotal to the final conclusion of how ‘Eternity’s End’ and the Shadowlands saga wraps up.

We don’t know how it ends just yet. If nothing else we know Sylvanas and Tyrande will interact. I am curious what will happen when all is said and done.

Also, a civilization being nearly wiped out is just a normal day for Azeroth, just ask the humans, draenei,gnomes, Silvermoon elves.

5 Likes

We know that the Night Elves being near extinct is final.

Excellent news! A shame we didn’t get them all.

Oh wait, I’m sorry did we strike a nerve here? This will go down as the most brilliant military victories in Azeroth history. My frozen bones and heart thrum with pleasure and pride at the memory of the great victory. Poor Garrosh will be a mere footnote in the histories.

Long into the future denizens of Azeroth will look back with reverence at the one figure who made it all possible. Our eternal Dark Lady:
Sylvanas Windrunner.

4 Likes

They were wiped out, but their souls can still be rescued from the Maw.

too late now, the last patch has nothing of that, their souls are obliterated.

Also, him mentioning “an entire civilization being nearly wiped out” also confirms that this is a permanent thing and there will be no revival or anything, so yeah the souls are gone.

1 Like

You mean how like taurens were nearly extinct in Warcraft 3? Or how Blood elves were nearly extinct as well? The night elves will survive.

14 Likes

Let’s be honest.

We know how it ends.

17 Likes

It doesn’t confirm that. It’s in past tense and refers to the Burning of Teldrassil. It can be fixed.

3 Likes

The Tauren and Blood Elves have a home, zones and somewhere to go.

The Night Elves don’t, and the writers don’t want them to exist going forward either.

8 Likes

They have Darkshore and Mount Hyjal.

8 Likes

Taurens did not have a home i Warcraft 3. They created a new one. The blood elved homeland was destroyed until it was rebuilt in BC. See, it is called RENEWAL.

No we don’t. We dont even know if Anduin or Sylvanas will survive at the end of it.

3 Likes

Darkshore is a bombed out mess and Hyjal isn’t going to be updated.

You can say that, “Oh, maybe they will” but we all know that they won’t do that. They never update zones to reflect the current timeline unless it’s absolutely necessary, and only to screw them up again. See: Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

So if Night elves get Darkshore or Hyjal updated, I expect it’s so the Horde can invade it again.

11 Likes

Sure they do. They kicked the Horde out of Darkshore and set up in Hyjal. Kalimdor is still their oyster.

8 Likes

We know Sylvanas isn’t going to die and I highly doubt Anduin is going to die.

2 Likes

Hyjal is neutral, Darkshore is destroyed and blighted and they have the Horde right at their doorstep in Ashenvale.

Yea, except renewal for night elves means forgiving their abusers and having their souls obliterated while being wiped out in Azeroth and having nowhere to go either.

Well the Horde already has it’s share of Hyjal, and they can take Darkshore anytime since the Night Elves are near extinct and the Horde controls Ashenvale anyway

1 Like