[Night Elf Thread] Don't tell me to wait and see ever again

The faction imbalance in classic TBC is now so bad that they had to introduce mercenary mode in PVP, and this still isn’t solving that game’s issues. It’s bad enough the PCGamer is reporting on it, even.

A hard retcon doesn’t undo the damage described. The damage lives in peoples minds and informs their decisions. When you decimate a playable race for this, people do not just forget.

If a solution is to be found, it will be a much, much harder road than just a retcon.

5 Likes

The damage to peoples faith in the company is shot for at least 5 years and there isn’t a plotline to salvage the current post 9.1 mess.

There just isn’t.

9 Likes

Point of order. They just did a test. It hasn’t been made a feature… yet.

:pancakes:

I disagree, but I can see why you would want a limited solution.

Well you have to manually click every single dialogue. Cutscenes u can press Esc and move on. It’s more of an issue during the first expansion but later things get way better. As many say just try to move past ARR and you’ll get to the good part.
TBH I got hook with the story line super fast so I found myself really enjoying those cinematics.
There were times were it got tedious but that aside things trully get better.

For me you can start by identifying certain traits that conect you to WoW. In my case I went Miqo’te Keeper of the Moon with Menphina as deity. There was nothing similar to druids per se so I chose Arcanist because at least that way I was able to dps/heal just like I normally do with my Balance druid/resto affinity.
Then you’ll gradually find new things to like and you can let go of the training wheels and just dive in a new world of possibilities. But seriously check out Paladin. Just imagine it’s Elune granting you those powers. That class shields a lot both yourself and your party so a macro yelling “The Goddess is my Shield” fits perfectly XD
Just be open minded and find new things to enjoy!

3 Likes

sonds cringe ngl hahha

lerning eryting izzet csnon becsuse ppl got there felingd hurt is sad

1 Like

TBH, the only thing that’ll “fix” Wow at this point is a full reset. Delete the game. Start again with a modern engine, Modern graphics, better lore. Fewer faction restrictions. Better character creation. Keep WoW’s Transmog, but add dyes. Change your corporate philosophy so story is not lead by gameplay, rather gameplay is lead by story.

And for the love of God, listen to your fans.

10 Likes

Lol dat Freudian slip

Behold the fruits of 9.1

9 Likes

A timeskip could also be an option but a lot of things can’t just be put back into the box again, like technological capabilities shown, which makes a power reset tougher. Plus a lot of WoW’s races are longer lived.

I think their end goal is to just have Classic servers for every xpac up until maybe WoD and just have everyone exist in their favourite xpac.

3 Likes

How about a one million year time skip

Should be enough

Nostalgia Poisoning To Avoid Accountability In Late Capitalism

2 Likes

I’m sorry to tell you, man, but it’s much worse than that.

Sylvanas is the Forsaken’s representation.

EDIT: Either her or Calia. :grimacing:

1 Like

You don’t get it still.

You can skip as many years as you want in-game, but it doesn’t matter until you do something to fix the brand equity - of the franchise and of its component parts. Hitting a ‘reset button’ and pretending that everything is fine will not do that.

2 Likes

Publicly admitting error and that they lack the range and competence to fix their mess and so are either going to hard retcon the past three years or time skip one million years or escape to an AU Empty Azeroth + Time skip would do a lot to at least gain them a modicum of faith among the community

Because they don’t have the range and competence to fix the story as it stands.

They genuinely truly do not

1 Like

Right so… let’s complain about it SOOOOO hard that they’ll finally bury her

Then it’s just Starcraft.

1 Like

World of Starcraft confirmed. :space_invader:

:pancakes:

3 Likes

Zerg customizations would be cool tho

3 Likes

Blizzard is like a starry eyed child that wants all these amazing things but has no idea how to make them reality.

They start off with grand plans but get bogged down in whatever bureaucratic dev hell they have going on and then fail to deliver.

The biggest problem is they keep doing it. You’d think after a few fails they’d have a revelation that if they keep doing things this way it’ll become a huge mess at some point. And then here we are.

6 Likes

A million might be a bit excessive, but honestly, a major time jump forward would be kinda cool. Long after the Alliance and Horde have collapsed. The ruins of Stormwind and Ogrimmar positioned around more modern buildings like a Modern day Rome.

New Allianced forged, Old Hatreds forgotten and new ones emerging. Statues of familair heroes long dead, and new, unfamiliar ones to take their place.

At this point, they might as well do something to make the game their own instead of holding on to the same old characters who’s original creators aren’t even around anymore.

3 Likes