Night elf shamans

Cam’t wait to race-change my dwarf shammy to human

They teased the emerald dream tree next. So it’s probably druids. Although I wouldn’t complain about shamans and druids next. Hopefully they do demonhunters too and evokers last. Would be nice to eventually play a nightborne evoker.

2 Likes

Druids are gonna take the most new assets so I doubt they will be next. I wouldn’t complain at all though if I were wrong for the record. I think it’s going to be pally, then shammy, then druid.

Why would they use a recently-discovered furbolg tribe’s totems that are based on an animal that isn’t heavily associated with night elven culture, over something that actually matches their aesthetic? Also, that thing pictured is massive. Totems used by the player only go up to the average race’s knees.

I’m confident that shaman will be the next class to be expanded to everyone because they only need one new totem model per race and they would only need to expand it to 10 races, or 11 if dracthyr get it later. Expect lots of new human, night elf, and worgen shamans and the occasional gnome, blood elf, or void elf.

4 Likes

Demon Hunters and Evokers likely won’t ever get unlocked.

When they said every race/every class, they also said Evoker would only ever be Dracthyr. They very much so seem locked on that hill. I feel like Demon Hunters are the same, in that only the Elves will ever get to be them.

I could be wrong, but that seems to be the general gist from Blizz so far.

1 Like

They said they would add more demonhunters a long time ago when they announced them. Evokers I just hope they change their mind and let them to all races and dracthyr have all classes. They already hinted dracthyr would get more classes.

2 Likes

I know they’ve mentioned Dracthyr getting other classes too. They won’t get them until their story is done however I feel. Probs not even until 11.0 as a pre-order bonus.

It would be cool, but honestly given their core set on all 5 flights being present to be an Evoker, and it being the dragon class. That if anything, they’d open it to where Dracthyr would get the other races as Visage options, instead of say letting other races flat out be Evoker. But it could be cool either way for people who just really want to be say a Nightborne Evoker.

2 Likes

Elemental dracthyr form is all thats necessary imo for the dragon animations. Something like ff16 stuff.

I feel its a toss up between shaman and paladins.
Reskinning mounts would be easier in my mind than creating a new race themed totems.

Nelfs for example. Take any of the darnassus nightsabers and add some paladin stuff to them.
All the ‘race’ mounts are already there. It’s just throwing some stuff on them to make them paladin.

I can’t see them opening druid to all classes. Maybe adding more classes to the mix, but not all.

They most assuredly will end up adding Druids to all races.

They just might not all get unique and special forms.

For instance Night Elves, Tauren, Worgen, and Trolls don’t have their own unique Travel Form, and their Boomkin forms are re-skinned of eachother.

Not to mention pretty much every animal for Cat or Bear form is reskinned to fit the Skeletal Structure of the Cat or Bear. Look at Zandalari forms for instance.

so there is no reason to think they couldn’t easily create all of the forms for say a .5 or .7 patch

2 Likes

That’s the plan.

1 Like

Then you need to wear glasses

1 Like

Because you think they won’t retain some exclusivity like demon hunters?

And notice I said some, not all. Which is more likely.

Even when Nelves can be shaman, you’ll never really be a shaman. There are no real shaman in the Alliance, only in the Horde.

And those are only the Orcs, not the scavenger rats

The night elves had Ursoc and Ursol :polar_bear: :bear:

The Furbolg are even allied with the night elves.

1 Like

Maybe if they open Shaman to more races, there’ll actually be enough of them to demand Blizz finally update the Ascendance model…

2 Likes

Dwarves.

/10char

Only the remaining uncorrupted ones from Kalimdor, which do not include the Winterpelt, who are a neutral tribe that we just met. Night elves still don’t make heavy use of bear imagery and mostly use depictions of the moon (obviously), owls, and moonkin, so a night elf totem would more likely look like one or more of those.

1 Like

Why would you downgrade your character like that?

3 Likes