Night Elf Renewal in Dragonflight

You’re posting in a public forum that we both have access to. That makes it my lane.

1 Like

Its a public forum where we discuss lore.
You have raised the issue that unless i force myself to play Shadowlands despite not enjoying it I am missing something integral to the story.

I disagree. I am just saving myself the time. This wow story is not good enough to be savored and experienced. It is horrendous and view of the story from wowhead whatever gets datamined is enough for me.

If you have any argument regarding the story or what I am missing therein then please show it.
Otherwise I could not care any less about your opinion of how I should be spending my freetime. Both your husband and I can decide what we want on our own. We don’t need you to butt in the decision making process.

6 Likes

No what I said that since you didn’t play Shadowlands all that you offer for an opinion is recycled from someone else.

Personally I couldn’t care whether you played or not. I’m just pointing out the hollow aspect of your opinions on something you never experienced first hand.

1 Like

Learn to read I get my info from wowhead that directly transcribe the events and quests + youtube videos released by wowhead or wow itself with the cinematics included in them.
My opinion is my own.

Sure thing Karen.

Not really. I actually played.

You just repeated someone else’s whines.

2 Likes

Well this is both tedious and boring.
I have told you the information deal with at your own time.

No for some reason the ignore flag I put on you expired.

Time to renew it.

Oh I see now. you hid your profile so that couldn’t be done.

1 Like

Lady… you are the one that spoke to me first and have tried the past couple hours to gaslight me.

Yes I am a big boy and can decide how I spend my time. I enjoy classic and keep up with wow lore through released exceprts of the quests themselves from wowhead or videos that blizzard releases. Leave me be.

Leave me alone, jesus christ

I’m not forcing you to post. You’re the one posting text as you said it yourself, in a public forum and are whining about comments that aren’t showering you with praise.

I get crap about my posts all the time. I either deal with it, or ignore it.

1 Like

First you want to put me on ignore list and now you want to engage further. If you wanted someone to argue with just say so

4 Likes

I can’t ignore you, but I can mute this entire thread.

That will do.

1 Like

Thank god. Can we talk about Night Elves, now?

2 Likes

You can easily ignore people with hidden profiles. Go to your own profile, go to “preferences,” then “users,” then type their name.

Here is an idea.

What actual renewal would be well received.

Rather than a shadowlands tree in DragonFail and Malfurion dying so Ysera can live again for the 11th time this week?

Night Elves really need to actually come to terms with the extent to which they have been the authors of their own misfortune - isolated, Olympian in their disregard for lesser races, hidebound, and reactionary.

We have seen them make momentous changes, such as inviting Highborne mages into Darnassian culture… but not in a way that made Tyrande less of a scold to Thalyssra - an elf every bit as old as she herself is, and alienating the Nightfallen in the process. Liadrin just had to be a little “I hear ya. Sis! We can help, if you let us” to get the Shal’dorei to join the Horde.

And Tyrande had grown up in Suramar.

Frankly, they need new leadership. Elune just handed them a hell of a shocker. Malfurion being retired is half a step in the right direction. But Tyrande somehow managed to live ten thousand years without actually learning anything in that time. I am not sure that’s retrievable.

3 Likes

The Alliance as a whole could do with a Win. We need something more than some offhanded promise of renewal which will honestly equate to nothing. We need some in game moments to actually be proud of the faction we play for without being judged for protecting ourselves from the horde.

The Horde needs something like this as well. We need them to take out all the morale messaging the Writers are forcing in to the story and just have fun beating the heck out of each other.

2 Likes

Does she come out of the seed?

Because that would be hilarious - if everyone is amping themselves up for Tyrande’s seed to be a new Night Elf Capital - and then it just disappears after Ysera comes out.

2 Likes

Honestly, what I always liked about night elves is their role as the stoic guardians, the watchers against the dark, the people who took on a terrible burden and responsibility and made great sacrifices for the world.

So I’d kind of like to see that reflected.

I’d like to see a scenario where whatever the big scary threat of the week is happens to be decimating a Horde encampment in the Barrens or Azshara, near the edge of Ashenvale. Player character is there, we’re fighting a stalling action, things are going badly (like Battle for Light’s Hope)… And then in come the night elves. With chimeras and ancients. Maybe even a mountain giant. We fight together, we win thanks to the rescue… The elves melt back into the forest.

I dunno, just some actual night elf victory on camera without hand wringing about the horrible cost. Because the horrible cost and great tragedy is kind of normal for the night elves. But a remarkable number seem to stick to their duty to Azeroth and Elune despite A) Azeroth in general and B) Elune apparently. It’d be kind of nice to highlight that.

10 Likes

This is exactly why Tyrande treated Thalyssra the way she did. Tyrande grew up in Suramar. She WITNESSED the fall of the Kaldorei and the crap that happened with Azshara and using Arcane magic… Liadrin didn’t.

It makes sense for Tyrande to not want to immediately trust her given the memory she has of what happened last time they messed with Arcane magic.

9 Likes
  1. quest chain where the night elves take back their lands by force and drive the horde from their lands and out of Ashenvale.(similar to what horde got in 5.3). Make them some crazy Sylvanas/Jailer/Garrosh loyalist group.
  2. After some time get another quest chain showing the Night elves returning and rebuilding and fix the damage to the forest. Help the Fubolgs/dyrads as well.(similar to what the forsaken just got in 9.2.5)
  3. The new world tree is planted and it helps the night elves protect their lands better whether that be through some nature ward. The dead night elves are reborn as children through the world tree.

No leaders need to sacrifice themselves. Even Cenarius will rejoin the night elves as the protector of Ashenvale.

You could even have the Tauren/Baine/hammual help with this so the horde get to particpate in the content.

12 Likes