Night Elf Renewal in Dragonflight

I have seen nothing related to the Night Elves’ promised renewal in Dragonflight. Instead, Malfurion was datamined to sacrifice himself to bring back Ysera. Does anyone suspect the Night Elves will get anything in Dragonflight? As of Exploring Azeroth: Kalimdor, the Horde is still in Ashenvale, when they should have left.

I’d say, at the very least, they either need to defeat the Horde, or the Horde should simply leave willingly. Then, they need to plant their seed, on Kalimdor, not the Dragon Isles.

15 Likes

I don’t know if it will come in DF at launch, but I expect a patch cycle to bring us something for Night Elves from that seed the Night Queen gave Tyrande.

Similar developments await the Forsaken and the reclaimed Ruins of Lordaeron.

I think the two most visually dated capitals from Vanilla are getting replaced entirely. Val’sharah showed us the updated Night Elf aesthetic. Ardenweald showed us tree-platforms and arboreal paths, as originally intended (but abandoned) for Darnassus.

I do expect to see something of significance for the Kaldorei, moving forward.

9 Likes

Blizzard: “It is time for Night Elf Renewal!” Kills Malfurion

Yeah, sounds about on brand.

32 Likes

Even though Night Elves are my favourite Alliance race, I’ll be glad to get a break for at least the beginning of DF. I feel like they have been oversaturated in the story for a lot of the last few expansions and any recent story development for them has been constantly bringing a lot of disappointment to fans of the race for a long time now.

I definitely think we will get our time in the sun (moon?) but we will need to wait for the absolute lore/story bomb that the launch of DF will bring with tons of cool stuff on the Dragon Isles plus Evokers. Perhaps that will give us time to breathe in case they decide to serve us up a fresh batch of disappointment again.

I do hope we get an absolutely epic treehouse though. :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Hopefully they fireproof it and put it out of catapult range this time :rofl:

Joking aside, I’m sure they’ll get a really good Ardenweald style World Tree. Kinda deserve it after the last couple expansions :panda_face:

1 Like

I hope so! My main hope is that they stick within the original design theme of the Night Elves and forgo the blinding ultraviolet hues from Ardenweald. Maybe we’ll get a nice combo of something akin to Val’sharah plus some of the sparkle and whimsy of Ardenweald.

8 Likes

well spoiler alert if you didn’t finish the end of shadowlands and what has been reported on wowhead regarding the dragonflight.

Tyrande got a new seed that was imbued with the lives of the night elves lost they hinted Ysrea l knows the best place for this seed. More than likely a new world tree will be replanted once the aspects regain their power. It will be blessed in the same fashion that happened at the end of the war of the ancients so the regrowth of the night elves population can occur.

I hope for it, but don’t expect it. Much in the same way I held out some hope they would finish WoD, or rectify any of the thousands of other mistakes or errors they have made over the years.

Guess we’ll see.

3 Likes

I still expect a new Capital for both night elf/forsaken after SL. It took two expansion before the Park District was replaced. I expect a similar time table for a new elven capital.

1 Like

I presume you mean Ysera since Yrel is finding a new career as a Light-Bound Zealot after NOT being around when we needed her in Legion.

They only killing malfurikn to bring him back from nelve weald when voljin returns

Than why bother killing him in the first place?

It seems so silly to me

2 Likes

“”“parity”""

I dread when blizz or anyone uses that word….Things never end well

2 Likes

Please no ardenweald style world tree, leave that garbage in the shadowlands.

6 Likes

It doesn’t feel like a renewal, its just getting a “world Tree” that doesn’t restore the Night elf nation at all. That isn’t going to bring the dead back to life or drive the horde from their lands. It isn’t going to restore the destroyed cities/Villages, isn’t going to give them any super powers or immortality.

its going to be a tree… just a big freaking tree. Blizzard will have some sappy dialogue from Tyrande announcing the are now renewed and that will be blizzard thinking they have resolved the situation.

It will be nothing but lip service as blizzard cannot do anything nice for the Alliance which will actually be a benefit to them over the Horde. All the while im sure the Horde will get some new massive forsaken city and probably a bunch of powerful undead to help them.

The fact they are killing one the the Night elves OG characters to bring back a neutral dragon(which will probably harp on about how the horde is good) is just another kick to the balls for night elves.

8 Likes

You really weren’t expecting the return of the Night Elves of Warcraft 3, were you? You’re not expecting the Night Elves to become their own faction again, were you?

Anyone expecting either was in for a world of disappointment. Malfurion himself vetoed the return of the Night Elves’ immortality as he believed that immortality had stagnated his race.

4 Likes

Hell no, im sick to death of night elves story I just want it done and dusted. At this point the kindest thing they could do to night elves is go old yellar on them and take them out back.

Id rather see more dwarf story, worgen gnome story. Hell I’d take more Human lore rather than sitting around for more Night elf content.

My point is simply blizzard will never give Night elves what they want. A profound victory over the Horde in which they take back their lands and secure them against any further invasions. Also show them restoring said lands from all the damage that has been done.

Instead they are going to kill an OG leader of the Night elves. Have a big tree planted in a far off land and that will be considered “renewal”.

3 Likes

Any more than you’re going to see the repairs to all of the damage done by Deathwing. on dwarven, orc, and tauren lands.

NO ONE on Azeroth is going to get secure borders, no matter who they are.

Azeroth is and always has been a Crapsack World of Adventure.

2 Likes

Unless your forsaken cause they apparently still hold all their lands and also somehow manage to keep a hold of Gilneas to boot. Not to mention showing to take back and rebuild their homes.(also forcing alliance players to help with this).

Oh and lets not forget the Bloodelves also got a large quest chain to secure their lands finally from the undead.

Guess following a genocidal manic has its benefits.

3 Likes