Night Elf Renewal in Dragonflight

Half of Silvermoon City is still very much in ruins and that path of ash left by Arthas is still very much there.

You apparently completely failed to notice Callia’s communication to Greymane about that last.

4 Likes

oh joy, the forsaken “Might” let the wittle worgen have their homes back. Boy that really made me enjoy helping them rebuild.

Pull your thumb out and realise nothing about that was enjoyable for the alliance playerbase.

Why couldn’t we get our one zone in Gilneas helping us cleanse that city instead of lordearon.

Yet that still got something to show they were having wins. thats all im asking we don’t need it all in one go but hey lets get a quest where the Night elves take back Ashenvale or hell darkshore on a cool quest chain.

6 Likes

I say this will all due sympathy to Night elf fans, but I’m surprised there are those among you who still want the spotlight at this point.

3 Likes

My expectation is that a lot of the recovery for Night Elf lands will be happening ‘offscreen’ during the timeskip, and referenced in only a cursory way via quest text. We’ll be told the they’ve recovered and gotten a ‘win’, but not shown it.

If the gameplay team lets the art team out of their cages to make something other than UI art, we might see more advancements via Heritage Armor chains as well.

13 Likes

They will never going to do that. They only allow them to paint new models for new locations.
Like new gnolls children models will come in DF. While most popular playable race Night Elves does not have those (18 years have passed already).

I’ll bet they will remove dead Night Elves classic NPC that were killed by Garrosh orcs in Ashenvale only in WOW 2.0. Same for Night Elves refugees in Stromwind.

Everything good happening off-screen seems on brand for night elves.

8 Likes

I contend that Ironforge is now more dated than Teldrassil or Undercity.

That’s probably because the story with respect to the creating of a new home for the Night Elves will not be taking place in 10.0. It will likely take place in a future content patch, maybe a major patch.

We know however that the Dragon Isles are the place where the seed that was given to Tyrande will be taken for safe keeping.

Then again it could be in 10.0 and simply encrypted really well.

No evidence exists that the Night Elves will plant their new tree on the Dragon Isles, although if they did, it would be, by far, the most secure capital the Night Elves have ever had, as no one is going to risk waging war on the dragons and the centaurs to bring it down.

Yea, and nobody will return to DF locations after 11.0. So, even PVP players will not going to raid that city!

1 Like

I am not sure if it is relevant, but this thread title got me thinking about the Warcraft 3 wisps, and their Repair skill = “renew”

I wonder if that has anything to do with why they went with the term “renewal”

1 Like

Remember that the seed from Ardenweald was empowered by bodiless Night Elf souls rescued from the maw, who swarmed up into it after abandoning “ghost” bodies to become wisps.

In a sense, it already has.

3 Likes

i do lol. got distracted when typing away

I shudder at what they will do with the Night Elves in DF. I am not even sure why I purchased shadowlands, I don’t even have a max level. I can’t help but feel utter disgust to have to do anything with shadowlands.

Anyway I am past the point of exhaustion when it comes to this story and its characters. Malfurion dies? sure why not.
Night Warrior is useless and does nothing? sure why not.
Get gaslighted that the Horde does nothing wrong and the problem is holding on to legitimate grievances? Sure why not.
The Alliance faction and races are used like disposables to further the Sylvanas/Horde story? Yeah… sure why not?
And the community that falls over itself because Danuser said that we get a 3 year timeskip! Only in text mind you with absolutely nothing that is represented in the game world? Nope. Nada. uhuh. Not happening.
Instead, we get a short story about how two Sylvanas enablers are getting married, why, how sweet. :heart: :rofl:

Yeah I just play for nostalgia’s sake in classic were it not for that I would not be here.
So Danuser do you worst, do whatever you want. Drag this story and its various characters through as much as mud as you want. I just can’t muster the energy to be mad or engage anymore.

9 Likes

It’s kinda happening already. We know as per the Kalimdor book Astanaar(sic) was retaken and fortified and the night elves have taken back Mogash’ar Rampart again.

1 Like

We already know NOTHING happens during the time skip, Blizzard said so in the blue post from Danuser. They want to show stuff being rebuilt and reclaimed in-game, which I agree with that sentiment but begs the question why do a time skip at all then if literally nothing is happening in the 3 years leading up to Dragonflight?

3 Likes

So you didn’t even bother playing Shadowlands and are basing all of your opinions on second, third, or even further removed information.

2 Likes

There are enough sources on wowhead, youtube videos and other sources for me to form an opinion.

Grinding to max level and reading the same text I can read on wowhead or watching the same cinematic on youtube is in no way changing my perception of the story. All of BFA and Shadowlands has been a story about the main character known as Sylvanas in a game where there should be no main characters.

I could barely get through the Bastion Intro quest. I felt ill playing through it, since the game stopped being fun and actually caused me discomfort I found other activities to level up until I got bored of that too.

PS. probably the only way for me to have a healthy relationship with this game’s story to just skip to the finish line and be disappointed immediately rather be strung along for months and multiple zones of questing just to see the epic showdown of Tyrande vs Sylvanas conclude in a cosmic “Revenge is bad ok???” after hinting it at for years.

2 Likes

Or maybe you should just drop the game entirely if you hate it that much? Wow’s hardly the only MMORG in the sea.

You remind me of my husband who keeps sticking to series that he hates in the hope that it would get better for him. It never does.

1 Like

Maybe you should try staying in your own lane. I do whatever I want with my free time as I please thanks. And as for this quote

I fail to see how its relevant for me to have good enough of an idea to form my opinion.

He is an adult and he can make his own decisions, you don’t need to gaslight and debate him into doing what you think is preferable.

1 Like

Yes he is… but he’s always complaining about said shows. And then I trot out the line about expecting different results when you keep doing the same thing.

1 Like