Night Elf Player Hate

I’m not sure I’d call Varian a great character, exactly.

But he died a heroic death. His story is over, but it was a good story, without any loose ends. Had they kept him around, with this writing team, it might’ve gone down a horrible path.

1 Like

Bias and nitpicking yeah whatever see who are you too tell me what’s better when you sit there and till me a character I like isn’t good you just don’t care about the character on wonder you care about pointless numbers

And guess what and where is their foothold there?

Forsaken and Sylvanas accomplished their goal in the nelf land. Ashenvale is likely at the horde hands or just land of nobody since the armies of the nelfies have suffered a lot of losses without mention the raising of the dead should have taken a toll in their moral.
So I wouldn’t say worthless since they got rid of an enemy that wouldn’t do much if they go at war again.

Heritage armor is available for the AR at level 110 souce: https://www.wowhead.com/guides/heritage-armor-sets

That means the max level characters you see there are used plently and it’s amazing if we take in consideration they are hard to unlock(Completing the war campaign part 1 and 2, exalted with Zandalari empire). I love this fact a lot because this has showed Blizzard that the horde is not just about ugly and rotten elfies with humies or the orcs that have become a self parody.

The reasons are not arbitrary. The Elves are on their home turf where they fight the best. You’ve got Sentinels and huntress attacking from everywhere, there isn’t much light in Ashenvale, and not to mention druids using the very land it self as a weapon. If their leaders were there it would have made a difference as the troops will rally to them like the dwarves did in Battle of Erabor in The Hobbit. Not to mention those two are probably the strongest leaders in the game.

Ok I understand but some of them have been alive for who knows how long. And if even the civilians have some fighting skill it’s possible based on there age that even a baker may have more combat experience than a old orc. The same goes for the Blood Elves.

In most fantasy troops magic usually trumps machinery and the NE have quite a bit, one off which is unique to them. They do have war machines but that are not heavly dependent on them. But I doubt the Elves would just sit around and not come up with ways that would allow them to counter the horde’s inventions.

Splintertree post.

Doubtful as Tyrande would still be fighting. The horde couldn’t even hold Darkshore.

The Sentinel/Army of the Black Moon had probably taken the least amount of hits in the war. They were mostly removed from WoT and really only showed up during Lorderon and in Nazmir. And the raising if the dead would probably only piss then off more.

3 Likes

That only applies to vrykul.

She leave all the charge to Maiev and went to who knows where

Nope, garrosh moves forward and more deep with his army and some outpost they take

Lordaeron and Nazmir were suicide and most of the troops were killed there. Lost Honor(ugh) made a point on that about Lordaeron and Nazmir was just a suicide attack to lure out the zandalari army. Besides I doubt they fought easily against the forsaken war machine in Darkshore, after all they wanted to install a new home there.

He was able to stall the Horde’s advance for long enough that he still did save a pretty large amount of his people by giving them time to evacuate. Flashy cinematics of characters making heroic sacrifices can be cool, but in the end I think it would be more detrimental to the future and relevance of night elves in the story. WoW races tend to stagnate as a result of losing major characters because new ones usually aren’t developed as much. And I honestly think BfA’s story might have been slightly more balanced and nuanced if Varian was still around instead of Anduin.

3 Likes

he is as alliance as tirion is. He might’ve been alliance once, but now completely neutral.

2 Likes

The key difference is that the Nelfs still have a lot of relevant named characters to spare. Malfurion and Tyrande are their main reps, yes, but there’s still Maiev, Jarod, Shandris, Broll…

I think you’re way too pessimistic. They’re a playable race, and a very popular one. I don’t think they’re going anywhere.

I guess another question I should have asked is “What would you call a future?” Because dramatic events are a future by my definition, but maybe not by yours.

4 Likes

She went to fight. There is no charge she left her territories to go fight else where, most likely in Ashenvale.

Both Amadis and I have quoted directly from the book that specifically states that Silverwing was reclaimed.

But still the majority of the fighting outside of Darkshore was not fought by the Night Elves. A large portion of force was on the Warfront or with Tyrande.

Did you miss the part where Nathanos says that his forces were outnumbered? The whole area was plunged into darkness giving the Elves a significant advantage and by the end of Dazar Alor they were winning.

2 Likes

I think the problem is that night elf players feel they’re owed more land than any player race or any player faction in the game.

8 Likes

No. We’re owed only Kaldorei land. Northern Kalimdor and Feralas, and Val’sharah and Azuna in the Broken Isles. We don’t care about the rest.

3 Likes

No need to guess, as what that foothold was was stated in Wolfheart as well:

Silverwing was unique. It was a bastion of defense in, of all places, hostile territory, the Horde’s outpost of Splintertree not all that far to the northeast. Even when the orcs had pushed forward elsewhere, Silverwing had prevailed. It maintained itself through the bravery of its fighters and a thin patch of ground connecting it to the rest of the Alliance territory.

And they get kicked back out in both the book and in the Alliance questing.

You must have missed Steve Danuser’s answer at the Blizzcon 2019 Q&A Panel:

Canonically, you know, the Alliance comes out on top in Stromgarde and in Darkshore.

We gotta do what’s right for the story, and those are just some key, old Alliance locations, and that’s just what feels right for the world.

4 Likes

not really. Darkshore, Ashenvale have major ties to night elf lore. Including hyjal.

4 Likes

Yea lets kill all our characters that will make me feel so savage and fierce

1 Like

Yeah but ingame numbers =/= lore numbers :P.

Or everyone is being poorly written.

2 Likes

Because Vol’jinn is a heroic figure with a lot of anima on his soul…

Because we are heroic figures with lots of anima and the Blood Trolls stopped worshiping Bwonsamdi for Ghuun… it was a win-win for him.

That doesn’t necessarily mean the specific individuals who Elune aided. So again, we don’t know that for sure.

Because Sylvanas is a heroic/Villainous character with a lot of anima on her soul…

There seems to be a pattern here.

No they didn’t… They very specifically avoided giving away his role in the Shadowlands. All we know at this point is his domain is going to be a 5-man…

And that is bad writing because Elune literally gave her super powers lol

People who are resurrected aren’t dead lol

An Elune empowered Priestess couldn’t kill a dead archer who was empowered by 2 Val’kyr before he ran for his life…

… Lets all agree that plot armor is the greatest of power in Azeroth.

Side note, why are you hearting your own posts?

The runesaber DOES fly. I use that one for my Night Elf Mage.

Leyfeather Hippogryh? I burn with envy. :slight_smile: My Night Elf rogue uses the Long-Forgotten Hyppogryph, and my Night Elf Druid uses the Cenarian War Hyppogryph from Burning Crusade.

4 Likes