Night Elf Player Hate

Velen is evidence but Khardgar isn’t? Doesn’t sound like there’s evidence of anything, Drah’Liana.

3 Likes

Why you cherry picking?

1. Not full cgi like the Saurfang one
  2. Way, way after the burning that cinematic was released
  3. Part of a scenario that was another humiliation due to the fact that not even a god-powered Tyrande can manage to kill Nathanos of all people whom isn’t even anything super special, WITH the help of supposedly the most powerful Druid even.
8 Likes

He’s enough to challenge a Raid as an outdoor boss. He’s also the only Human able to cut the mustard as a Ranger of Quel’thelas.

1 Like

It really doesn’t matter if your are special or not to be raid boss all you need is importance

Literally put up an entire thread about this: Val'kyr and the Jailer.

Nathanos is not going to die idk why you think he would die when he didn’t die in the best possible opportunity in 8.1.

4 Likes

He’s got to survive long enough for either Sylvanas to betray him or for him to betray Sylvanas… Whichever comes first. Probably the former. We’ll see.

Plot armor is the greatest defense in existence.

1 Like

So he’s as good as a generic High/Blood Elf unit, got it.

6 Likes

Tell that to the ghouls. :joy:

Yea and then we fight alongside him because getting betrayed speaks you free of your crimes. Same with the horde in 8.2.5…

3 Likes

Perhaps. Maybe. I’d rather we didn’t though because Nathanos sucks. Ideally I hope she just kills him or at least leaves him a broken mess of sadness. “How could she have done this?! I loved her!”

And then tyrande comes and blows him up

2 Likes

They won’t do this when Nathanos is the lead writer’s self-insert…

1 Like

I thought there was a WoW writing team? Does all of the current story direction rest on Danuser’s shoulders?

1 Like

There is a team, and he’s not the lead. His title is Senior Narrative Designer, and when it comes to Battle for Azeroth, he’s credited as a “Game Designer” along with dozens of others.

BFA’s Creative Development/Writers are described as including Robert Brooks, Matt Burns, Christie Golden, and Andrew R. Robinson.

You can look up credits here.

3 Likes

So he’s not the lead designer, and they write the story with a team which presumably they all provide input on the best way to push the story forward, then why do people whine about Nathanos (A character who existed since Vanilla) being his self insert?

Seems like people should place the blame on the whole writing team, and less on someone who has a favorite character.

Well the character is apparently based on him in terms of likeness. By his own admission on his twitter page. I think he contributed to some Nathanos-centric stuff too.

But it’s a collaborative effort, and we’ve all written with that one person who favored one character maybe a little too much. Yeah, a little of that can come through, but the idea that he’s actually calling the shot and that everyone else is in on his fantasy and trying to make it come true is overblown.

He’s just the big bad’s sidekick, but it’s not helped by the fact that Nathanos is a smarmy jerk, and people really want to kick his teeth in.

4 Likes

People make up simple answer - regardless of validity - to questions of why things aren’t going the way they want out of a sense of needing a windmill to till at.

Danuser has spoken very enthusiastically about the Night Elves as much as he has about Sylvanas. People ignore the former because it doesn’t line up with their seeking someone to blame.

10 Likes

I kind of like that he’s a smarmy jerk. It’s a nice change of pace from all the NPC’s singing the champion’s praises all day imo.

Maybe I’m just weird though.

3 Likes