Night Elf Highborne Customization

Well honestly they haven’t shown any new customisations for Night Elf for Shadowlands, soo this could be a possibility, allowing NPC skin tones and skins is what they’ve shown so far, so prob will happen.

Because they aren’t any different than every other Nelf. A caste is just that, a caste. Not a separate race or anything.

Any Nelf can wear jewelry or have a different eye color. If you want to distinguish yourself as Highborne, the only way to do that is through RP and play a Nelf Mage.

I definitely think jewelry and golden eyes for females should be a thing. But it doesn’t mean those Nelfs have to be Highborne.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Made a thread about this the other day, this is what I said

8 Likes

Highborne are notoriously difficult to trust. They have this tendency to become hopelessly addicted to power and betray everyone around them for demon juice.

I’d just like to remind any cute Night Elf Mages that I am a Demon.

My cute highborne bank alt might be coming over for dinner.

You have gold, right? I have an empire to restore.

Not much.

But I have lots of puns worth gold :smiley:

One thing they could do is add the blue skin that Queen Azshara had as a Night Elf.

12 Likes

Neither are the Wildhammer. They are Dwarves with Tattoos. Or Fastriders and they might get that difference as well despite using the same model.

Highborne would be an in between Night Elf and Nightborne. I guess Azshara uses a different skin color and more “regal” like customization could help with this as well.

The golden eyes were a feature of Azshara, no other female Kaldorei has it, even though their lore says another thing. Basically any “regal” look in jewelry, hair style and even face can help this.

Morinehten doesn’t care about puns. She’s a bit of a dour sort :frowning:

You’d better start selling demon juice on the side if you want her to come for dinner.

:scream:

I want your gold, Mortis.

I want your puns, Mortis.

2 Likes

I want my gold too :cry:

2 Likes

That’s the “my followers all became Naga or died, but N’Zoth let me get by with this dye job when I swap out of Naga Queen form” skin tone, not a normal skin color.

1 Like

I just laughed so hard. Thank you

1 Like

Normal or not. I still would like to have it. :smile:

Except they’re not. Highborne is caste of Nelf. Nightborne is an entirely separate race changed by the Nightwell over the course of ten thousand years.

As I said, more customizations for Nelfs is great, but let’s stop pretending that Highborne are somehow not the same as Nelfs.

And the lore is what we go by, which is why female golden eyes are important to have now that there are so many female Druids:

Before the Sundering, golden eyes were extremely rare among the night elves. Golden eyes thus came to be regarded as a sign of future greatness. Night elves born with them were recruited into the Moon Guard. Both Queen Azshara and Illidan had these unusual eyes. Unfortunately the falsehood of this widespread belief was only to become clear after these two infamous individuals had reached their dark fates. In truth, golden eyes were a sign of strong druidic potential.

1 Like

True but he’s not wrong either. The high elves (those who formed Silvermoon) are Highborne. They are direct descendants of Dath’Remar Sunstrider.

1 Like