Night elf fans, don't buy

Have you ever considered that perhaps, you’re the toxic one, Akiyass? Considering the fact that the vast majority of people are able to get along just fine without running to moderators to cry every time someone disagrees with your headcanon.

5 Likes

Is this some sort of Forum drama with some bits of Discord influence?

Seems like fun.

9 Likes

It really isn’t. Akiyass is a pox. If we really got into how they act on discord it would take a multiple hours to cover and would demonstrate to everyone just how laughable it is that they’re calling anybody else toxic.

1 Like

Regardless of backgrounds, you’d think they take it somewhere else at least.

Anyhow, I’ll start poppin’ some pop corn right away.

The discord is only fun from a distance. I don’t recommend joining if you’re a fan of any Alliance race first and foremost.

Oh no, I never really planned to.

I normally don’t like joining Discords other than my guild’s or if a Mythic+ group needs me for voice. I am just here watching, don’t mind me.

1 Like

I agree. Alliance stans should stay out and let the adults talk about lore.

Yeah, you really should lay off Ben just cause he likes Alliance, its unbecoming.

Human stans are always deserving of anyone’s ire.

Grandblade has never done anything wrong and I will fight you over it.

5 Likes

Oh nobody can badmouth my boy Grandblade or they’re getting Flame Shocked to the next town.

https://i.imgflip.com/1ka4ul.jpg

You can’t kill me, Blizzard’s writing already made me dead inside. Ben is literally every other toxic MHP he’s just slightly more self aware enough to try and hide it.

Shadowlands announced at Blizzcon: I sleep
Akiyass stirring up sh!t: Real Sh!t?

2 Likes

The funny thing about Syaeles’s hatred of Ben is that it’s identical to their hatred of Katiera. It’s just a mechanism for them to hide their latent attraction. It’s honestly cute.

I’d assume this to be Grandblade, yes?

You should be giving yourself more credit for derailing than anyone else.

Like five years. You should take your own advice and read posts you’re quoting. Many of Kyalin’s points brought up in the first post of this thread - presentation vs. lore, the Cataclysm revamp, Mount Hyjal and the Molten front, Malfurion, etc. - were all points we already addressed years ago, and our points haven’t changed since than, and so is still my same response now.

3 Likes

I want to mention a certain poster whose name begins with “Q” but I’m not sure if that would summon his evil into our lives again.

Fair is fair.

This is Kyalin’s response to what you had to say initially by the way. As well her general thoughts on this thread:

"Unfortunately, substantially all of the replies to my post either missed the point or were unrelated to what I was saying - but I will give my thoughts on the only thing that came close, which too is a disappointment.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/night-elf-fans-dont-buy/382514/6

Here, Amadis quotes an older statement from himself that indicates that he doesn’t understand why we should be considered about presentation and how people walk away from a work of media because “That there was no presentation of the accomplishments just seems normal to me because of the limitations of it being a video game.” The answer he gives isn’t accurate - a video game can and should be written bearing presentation, and how players walk away from the game, in mind - and more competent works of media are expected to, and succeed in doing this.

This is another is/ought fallacy. I am stating that presentation is a crucial part of the metric by which we measure Blizzard’s performance, and that they should be concerned with how the presentation lines up with the gameplay (ought). He is stating that he doesn’t understand that because Blizzard doesn’t line up presentation with gameplay (is). Is and ought are not valid responses to each other, and when the entire focus of the complaint is centered around what things ought to be, it’s fallacious to merely report on the (already-known to be deficient) current state.

To use a metaphor. If I recommend that you put gas in your car, it’s a dumb, non response for you to say to me: “But there is no gas in this car”. Unless you are arguing that the current state is perfect, this is a ridiculous non-answer. Yet it passes for a “response” every time I run into the canon-supremacy crowd.

Other than that, there is nothing of substance in any of the replies - which is a disappointment."

1 Like

:popcorn: Jesus Christ, this is getting more interesting by the minute munches

1 Like