Night elf fans, don't buy

We’ve had those for quite a while. Tyrande has quite a few Kael parallels, and a lot of Liadrin parallels. Its why I’ve never stressed about her getting villain batted, she’s on a beat for beat repeat of Liadrin’s formation of the Blood Knights story. Tyrande had her cataclysmic event shaking her faith. She’s on her transition from a priestly figure to a more warrior type, while “demanding” the power she needs. From all indications, the zone she’s headed to in Shadowlands is built for quiet contemplation … and the last step of Liadrin’s little narrative was a re-connection to her faith, and transitioning the Blood Knights into a more “longevity” oriented group.

1 Like

This puts the horrible thought in my brain that BfA served as an excuse primarily to introduce new race/class combos, that burning Teldrassil and introducing the Night Warrior was to justify Night Elf Paladins.

More like to justify undead night elves…

Night Elf Paladin should’ve happened in Legion already, if those in the order halls can become paladins why can’t the player ?

2 Likes

Night Elf Paladins have been a thing since the Paladin Order Hall in Legion. Now if they come with those silver grey sabers for mounts and have a proper Moon flavor to them, I’ll be rolling one faster than Elesana can say “Purple Long-Eared Human”.

3 Likes

I understand hating how Night Elves have been treated by Blizzard, but so much of this nonsense is just Keyboard (Night) Warriors whining like a bunch of babies. For example:

If you’ve already given up hope for Night Elves getting better, and you refuse to buy the next expansion, then I don’t know why you’re still subbed to this game.

5 Likes

Well I can’t speak for every Night elf player, but my sub runs out at the end of the month.

1 Like

You mean like how they forced the Horde players to help Baine undo all the previous actions of the Horde players during the war campaign?

Blizzard would never do that!

10 Likes

You mean like how virtually every action the Horde player took in the War Campaign was undone as well?

11 Likes

The Zandalari most certainly do suffer throughout BFA, the main difference is most of their suffering do not happen at the hands of the Alliance (the other player faction), unlike the Night Elves who suffered at the hands of the Horde (their other player faction).

In fact almost the entirety of what the Zandalari are put through can be laid at the feet of their leader NPCs as Rastakhan (Zul, any future Bwonsamdi stuff) and Talanji (Sylvanas, any future Horde stuff) brought it on the Zandalari.

The non-Sylvanas opponents who wrecked the two zones were put down in a raid giving the Zandalari closure on those events.

Also Battle of Dazar’alor was not a genocide event. And the Shaw/Flynn stuff as opposed to Lorash Sunbeam had the same tone and play difference issues as the evacuation quests from Teldrassil and UC had.

[Sorry for the late reply, I was going to post this at work during a lull but then things went haywire. I work in the cargo shipping business and Christmas is when Godzilla (wearing a santa hat) wrecks havoc on everything.]

4 Likes

Did you miss the part where Horde soldiers launched catapults? I didn’t see Sylvanas lay a SINGLE hand on the catapults that set Teldrassil ablaze. The comments from Lorth were AFTER the burning, so they still supported her even after those atrocities.

8 Likes

What a weird campaign in hindsight. Everything we do is undone without any impact. The Alliance PC gets to kill slavering monsters, death-quip Goblins, or grateful-suicidal Forsaken in their story. The Horde PC gets to fight noble avengers, seeking justice for an atrocity; or victims of that atrocity, imparting guilt upon their murderers in ours. Every cinematic was about how guilty we should feel for an event that Blizzard forced us to commit. Even in our Zandalari Campaign we actually fail to accomplish our goals till after the Old God is released.

Was this story intended for us Blizz? Were we … supposed to enjoy a year and a half long guilt-trip, with no options to a satisfying conclusion?

17 Likes

Think this will bring about the Night Elf Paladins that were teased very heavily in Legion?

2 Likes

Its possible. I wont take the option of the table. If her story really is a parallel to Liadrin’s from start to finish, then it should ultimately result in her creating a less dangerous variant of the Night Warriors to become a more permanent fixture of NE culture.

1 Like

As much as you dislike Gallywix, I can’t believe you forgot us trashing his pleasure palace.

2 Likes

On this I will definitely concede to Ëlësåna. There is no current event as big as the burning of Teldrassil.

5 Likes

I don’t dislike Gallywix. I actually adore him.

Goblins aren’t my favorite PC race for nothing, I think he’s hilarious. I just increasingly came to dislike him as my PC lead. I’m very glad he’s alive, and that he has been replaced by the Goblin with the most relations to the Horde in all of Warcraft. One who also is capable of stemming his own personal greed just enough to care for, and look out for, his crew.

1 Like

Don’t forget about that monk that states she doesn’t want to fight the Horde PC and when you proceed to kill her she says something like “But you needed healing too…” Like okay Blizz, i think the Horde gets it… Both sides are not being heard tbh

11 Likes

Ahh … good times. Jeezus, who wrote this story?! Who are these people?! Who looked at these stories and thought, yeah … this will be a fun experience?! There are good, small, fun stories within BfA. As a Horde player if you were able to tune out the Faction War stuff, there were some genuine gems in Zandalar questing. The AR Recruitment scenarios were very palatable. And, as a Goblin player, I was spoiled rotten this expansion … by what I’m guessing was an intern who still had some whimsy, passion, and respect for the Goblin Racial fantasy left.

But … the Meta Narrative? The War Campaign? What were these?!!

4 Likes

I suppose you could also implicate the 4-5 catapult engineers in the crime of burning teldrassil as well yes.

1 Like

The only things really comparable are the Scourging of Quel’thelas and Lordaeron.

2 Likes