Nice hunter fixes

Something fishy here. The profile doesn’t exist. But I suppose it could be true if you get the perfect anima powers?

I tried TC layer 1 with a ilev of 189 and got horribly mangled by floor 14.

You should have a Clefthoof, if you don’t you’re not doing it right.

I just did layer 8 a few nights ago, been meaning to post my thoughts in this thread actually.

My first complaint which isn’t hunter specific is that TC really doesn’t respect the player’s time. When clearing a layer takes 2.5 - 4 hours depending on powers and which areas you get / dungeon lay out, it’s egregious there is no way to put a run on pause. The biggest difficulty for me was finding the time to actually put the effort in.

More specifically to hunters however, I got through this as BM. Most of the layers / floors were not much of a problem for me. I did notice that killing things would take quite a long time even if I was relatively safe if I didn’t get the right powers by floor 13. This includes many of our epic powers like sigil of skoldus or the buff to intimidation.

The eyes of the beast power also, while incredibly awkward to use, is much better than I initially thought it would be. If you use eyes of the beast and kill command maybe half a second later, kill command benefits from the 500% damage buff.

Many or the uncommon and rare powers are really lack luster for BM and either do little to nothing to help us out. Most of the mawrat powers and the barbed shot power come to mind as powers I wasn’t excited for. The exception would be mawrat spices as that is a very cost effective power for increasing max health which works wonderfully with with the blood gorged leech power (think that’s the name, it’s the one that gives a high chance to heal you and your pet on damage). That power also becomes quite frankly mandatory in the higher layers / floors as it can also auto rez your pet if it procs (though with little health).

All of this is important to keep in mind, as even with proper talents (aspect of the beast and killer instinct are pretty much required. Animal companion will make your pet benefit less from its leech since it’ll do less individual damage thus it’ll die faster) the floor 18 bosses will almost certainly be killing your pet. Depending on which boss you run into, your run will either be very easy at that point (the tree boss is incredibly easy for example to deal with while Goxul the Devourer is going to be a rough go if you don’t have every damage power you need at that point) or be stopped in its tracks.

My recommendation is to always start a run on Fracture Chambers. Reset until you get it. At the first broker, purchase a ravenous anima cell and use it on any of the necromancer. You’ll get 10x the phantasma from all of the skeletons you kill for the rest of your run, which works with a couple of the other torghast wings (upper reaches in particular).

This will help you buy as many powers as possible for the rest of your run which can make a huge difference. I also wouldn’t sleep on the common powers. +3% versatility for example is more useful than scare beast killing a maw rat.

Anyway, I hope this helps a bit. TC was more tedious than difficult I found. I’d have enjoyed it a lot more if it respected my time more. Good luck in there.

1 Like

You can pause at the start of a floor or on every 3rd floor, but I get what you mean. Life isn’t always so friendly as to time needed breaks at the start of a floor or on broker floors. It sucks especially if you have one of the affixes that summons adds when not in combat or if you have one of the ones that does ticking damage at a high rate of damage.

1 Like

My profile? I can see it

Of course you can see it, it’s yours.

When people try to go to your profile it gives an error message like it doesn’t exist or it’s not publicly viewable.

Is there a way to fix it?

I think there’s been a mixup. Your profile is viewable. This person is not.

I haven’t run TC on my Hunter (though I have cleared layer 8 normals) because I cleared it on my DK. But having done that. The difference in Torghast powers is nuts!

DKs get so many fun powers compared to Hunters the despairity is insane!

Sorry, I didn’t specify in the quote I was referencing Brawl, the one who made the comment of doing TC 8, yet had no profile. Did Brawl do TC 8 and then immediately unsub? I dunno but without any proof, or even a profile that might suggest it was possible, I don’t believe it.

Huh no problem man, so my profile is visible? Good. And actually i. Agree with you.

Sorry I server transferred a few days ago. BM is not that difficult if you can get used to rezzing your pet about 100 times a run. if you can get, Lens of the Echaver it carried me through layer 7 which I actually found harder than layer 8 because of soulforges being the last wing. Yes and I never died. But it did take a long time. last layer took 3.5 hours. Might I suggest though, try to get soulforges early on as on layer 7 I got it from 13-18 and the last boss was easy but the actual trash was really hard. One fireball would take my pet to 30% health and there was some packs with 3-4 casters . Make sure to ALWAYS take the fog if you get it, and the tar trap animas. health is nice but the one that really saved me on layer 8 was the “an attack cant bring you down more than 25% of your health in one hit” sad it doesnt apply to pet but it saved me a few times when pet kept getting destroyed over and over. Another really good one is the turtle anima. If you can get multiples of that it’s amazing. I had 3 on layer 8 and turtle lasted 30 seconds in which I could attack , rez do whatever i wanted for that amount of time and not having to worry about dying. The problem with bm is that our damage is just so low even with anima powers that increase our damage. I did layer 1 and 2 with a dk friend and his dps was DOUBLE mine and we were the same ilvl at the time around 210.

Every BM hunter knows, or quickly learns, that our dps sucks in Torghast and TC. Even at the end, hitting that last boss on floor 6 to get my ash, my dps is hardly ever more than 5k after the bursting is over. The one time I tried TC, it wasn’t more than 10k and on floor 14, that’s a death sentence.

Hunter’s desperately need anima powers to protect the pet and themselves. Damage reductions or just plain armor buffs… anything!

1 Like