[News] Visions of N’Zoth Content Update Notes

So you guys don’t want to ‘diminish’ the “effort” of doing the timewalking Black Temple for DHs???

I guess years of farming in comparison to that isn’t effort huh?

Just when I think I have seen every stupid decision possible, you guys start 2020 out STRONG

2 Likes

I guess it makes sense for Demon Hunters to be the only class able to transmog into the Warglaives, when the Warglaives were introduced 10 Years before Demon Hunters were. This restriction only serves to further spit in the face of the playerbase.

4 Likes

So to these idiots doing Time Walking and speedrunning BT as a DH is harder than if you actually did the real BT when it was live?

2 Likes

This last minute bait and switch for the warglaives is so petty. I main a DH, and this is embarrassing. Diminish what value? The fact that I had these farmed years before DH was a playable class with my DK?

Please reconsider this decision, Blizzard. There is no reason to deny the player base access to this transmog when you have restricted the other legendary items to their original respective classes, but have stripped the original classes from this legendary set.

1 Like

I’m just here to respectfully protest the restriction put on the warglaive transmog limitation. I was very much looking forward to being able to use them on my rogue again. I’m quite disappointed by this.

4 Likes

I’ve never been fond of transmog restrictions, especially ones earned by doing special things.

I got the warglaives on my demon hunter, I had a blast doing it. And I don’t think these should be restricted anymore.

Sorry, but giving people access to this mog doesn’t diminish how much fun I had running the raid. I don’t feel a need to crap on other people’s fun just so I can feel superior to them.

3 Likes

I mained Demon Hunter through Legion, earned the Warglaives transmog by beating Illidan in BT Timewalking only after spending literal years off-and-on farming for both on my DK and Rogue to try to get the achieve. Even accounting for how easily soloable BT is, I feel like I put more effort into those on my DK and Rogue than on my DH.

As someone who has mained DH, in my opinion the Warglaives of Azzinoth should be available for xmog to every class that can equip the original sword version.

I can only imagine how much of a slap in the face this is to people who earned both during TBC and can’t mog them now.

4 Likes

This ain’t it, Chief.

Seriously, though. Why are Demon Hunters suddenly allowed to have nice things despite the fact that a metric ton of people probably farmed for both Warglaives for a while after making this announcement?

This seems like you’re giving a large portion of your playerbase the finger.

4 Likes

I got one glaive in BT, farmed for years to get another, but hey, screw my effort.

It’s not like I did a TIMEWALKING RAID.

Seriously blizzard pull your head out the sand on this one.

6 Likes

Developers’ note: The Warglaives of Azzinoth dropped from Illidan in Black Temple are the one exception, as a custom method for Demon Hunters in particular to obtain this transmog appearance already exists through Black Temple Timewalking, and we do not want to diminish the value of that unique reward.

This is not a good decision. Warrior and Rogue were the original classes intended to wield these items during Burning Crusade and should not be cheated out of appearances. Just as the collection of Shadowmourne is a process that has kept people subscribed for months, the time and effort of those who sought to wield the Warglaives on their favorite character (be it warrior, demon hunter or death knight) should not be disrespected.

By all means keep the “custom method” requirement of obtaining the Black Temple Timewalking achievement:I’ll Hold These For You Until You Get Out as to not “diminish the value of that unique reward.” But I suggest altering the achievement to instead unlock the Warglaive of Azzinoth appearance in account wardrobe accessible to all classes that can currently equip it.

5 Likes

Warglaives being DH only is bullsh!t

5 Likes

Sure man, monks using warglaives … 0 logic

2 Likes

"* Skinning

• Eligible players can now skin a corpse without waiting for all other eligible players to collect their loot."

So does this mean that other players can tag my kills and steal my skins & bones? Or does this mean that multiple players can skin the same mob, thereby putting more skins in the AH and driving the prices even lower…

1 Like

And hunters could hold em cause I had em too 6 months before wrath came out. The 3 rogues in my guild had em off good RNG so they let me have em to troll :wink:

1 Like

I can’t even get in the dungeon in mechagon and I am 120 with gear score 420 no one will let me join thier group. so how are you suppose to get the story line done if ppl want super high gear score level?

2 Likes

Per the notes: “Completing Magni’s quest chain to unlock the Heart Forge now starts your Heart of Azeroth at level 50, up from level 35.”

I literally hit 120 on an alt over the weekend. Shouldn’t all characters under 50 be boosted to level 50 not just ones that do the quest from today forward? I seriously would have waited to do the Heart Forge if I knew it was being bumped up from 35 and having to still level it up after the patch.

3 Likes

From what I read, it is being opened up in dungeon finder on heroic. Should be able to queue for story line.

1 Like

New eyes look terrible. Headlights were better.

So weapons I farmed on my rogues I can’t use on my rogues, because a class that came many years later can only use them? What kind of logic is that? Seriously Blizz, you REALLY missed the mark on this one.

3 Likes

I just unlocked the Heart Forge on a new alt, and was like wait 50? Logged on to an alt I did last week, and it’s 36. I went to Silithus, checked around, no quest to boost it up to 50. So am I really stuck at 36 on my alts I did last week because I didn’t wait a week?

1 Like