[News] The Race to World First Ny’alotha the Waking City Has Begun!

The race to see who can be the first to defeat N’Zoth in the heart of the ancient Black Empire—Ny’alotha the Waking city— begins this week. The best of the best will face the corruption within to see who can cross the finish line and claim World First!

Keep an eye on our news post to check out the latest streams.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why people race for this, it’s usually always what…? the same 2-3 groups fighting for the first kill? Anyways, good luck to whomever participates, and I hope those who do enjoy it have lots of fun.

5 Likes

Me neither, given the best outcome you could ever hope for is third place, unless you happen to be a member of a couple of very famous guilds.

Indeed, good luck to those with virtually zero chance of attaining first or second place. The remaining two guilds need no luck:

Timewalk cache revert was stupid

I hope there’s extra lore at the end of the mythic version of the raid, the ending currently leaves a lot of unanswered questions =O!. And super short, oh so short lol.

1 Like

This.
Anyways, I’m pretty excited to see what the secret Mythic phase is for N’Zoth, so I will be keeping tabs on the streams.

lol who cares Method or Limit are going to get it like always no surprises. Those two have turned the world first into essentially boring reruns.

1 Like

Anything that becomes an “official” competition tends to not only shift the precedence of design towards raising the bar, but also to decay the entire charm of actually competing.

That is why arenas are so damn toxic, mythic raiding so unforgiving and restrictive, and also why e-sports, in general, suck.

6 Likes

No Josh stream :sob:

3 Likes

which group got the lucky corruption procs!

These competitions should be held on a server where everyone has access to the same, normalized gear. The lack of baseline fairness continues to cheapen these events.

But hey, who cares about that when paid faction changes can get you an extra piece of BIS gear, amirite?

2 Likes

Here is to hoping there as another boss after N’zoth. It is one of the more wild mythic only things discussed but there appears to be something to it.

Mythic is just like heroic used to be.