Method and Limit

Method and Limit, Limit and Method.

Method won! Limit won! Method came in second! Limit came in second!

Method, Limit, Method, Limit.

Method? Limit. Limit? Method.

You know, professional organized sports have systems in place to prevent a single team from always dominating the finals. Take the NBA for example. The worst-performing teams during the regular season get the best chance at a first-round draft pick, which brings new, strong talent to their team.

Thereby keeping things fresh, and new, and exciting. Think they’re on to something? Maybe?

Meanwhile, in “eSports”:

Limit, Method, Method, Limit, Method, Limit, Limit, Method. Limit? Method. Method! Limit, then Method, then Limit, then Method. Method! Limit!

:nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s always the same teams every time. There really isn’t much to get intrigued about.

6 Likes

Business sports, Sports business and on and on etc…

These so called raiding guilds are artificial and 100% fake. Next World First Race will be without sponsors,twitch,managers,super computers in a controlled environment, ADD-ONS, free PTR testing, and on and on etc…

Just live with the fact you are not fake. Meanwhile some kid from UK wins 3million from Fortnite. The future is very very grim.

2 Likes

That’s not really what bothers me, though I get what you are saying. I mean, there’s that nine year old kid on YouTube that reviews toys… and has like fifty million subscribers… I dunno his name.

But I get that people can make millions with simple game streams or videos. That’s alright with me.

What I find silly is the hype over “the race.” It’s a race between two teams and two teams only. Which is absolutely fine, it is what it is, but the hype is silly.

There is no “suspense” over who will take a world first at all. It’s Limit, or Method, or Limit, or Method. That’s the “Method vs. Limit” race. Covering an event that everyone has dubbed, “Race to World First” implies that there is a lot of competition.

If I went out to see the LA Marathon, and for the past five or more years, it had been the same two dudes racing each other, with the entire rest of the pack not even within striking distance, it would have gotten very boring. Ditto any “sporting” event.

Are there no other guilds on Earth that can even compete? Get close? Give Limit and Method and Limit a run for their money?

No?

Then there’s really no event, is there?

2 Likes

It’s not even interesting between them. It’s always Method. I respect that they’re light years beyond my skill, they’re clearly skilled players with great synergy, but when they win every time, it’s more of a “How many days will it take?” question as opposed to a “Who’s gonna win?” question. WF hasn’t been interesting in a while.

8 Likes

Not really entirely true. There have been World First races that have had other guilds come out. Hell in BFA Pieces won the Crucible of Storms, and during Legion Exorsus won both Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold. Limit has not won the World First race once. And NA hasn’t won a World First for what. 10 years now? I think that’s what people were more hyped for.

We’ve also seen quite a few other contenders step up this tier. And even though there wasn’t really any of them that got in there with the Limit v Method race, they weren’t really that far behind them. At the end of the day, I think it’s fine to be hyped about the race. Me personally, I get hyped when someone else either wins or is right there with Method. Not because I hate Method, but because I like to actually see teams pushing themselves to try and pull out on the top.

2 Likes

The event is mostly watching those guilds do progression at a insane speed. I’m fine with Method winning everytime, that’s not really the fun I have. It’s not like current wow race for world first competition will grow much in a old game that is in a downward trend. The fact that atleast it’s getting somewhat good viewership with current game is already a big sucess tho.

Yeah well I won world first to the fridge to eat the cheesecake

5 Likes

Especially when the raid was buggy and overtuned and had to be fixed to even be logical , so by the time Method plays on a Wednesday in Europe that limit played on Tuesday, it was a wasted Tuesday waiting for fixes.
if Limit clears it a day after or two, I would feel bad for them, meaning they were very close to Method.

Actually if what you said here

were even remotely true, the “Patriots” wouldn’t have so many Super Bowl victories.

Tom Brady has a super bowl ring for how many of his fingers?

The world first race isn’t even classified as an esport lol.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be caught dead trying to explain to my family that I play WoW professionally. (I don’t)

The thing is, the world first race isn’t considered an e-sport, as it’s informal guilds competing. It isn’t blizzard’s place to say what player has to be in what guild. As far as e-sports in general, the only one that is set up really anything like pro sports is the overwatch league. No other e-sport really regulates their teams like that to my knowledge.

People watch that? Interesting…

But… it is true. If you watch sports, you know it’s true.

I don’t watch football, but Google tells me Brady has six rings, and he was drafted in 2000. Six wins in nineteen years. This is a fair example of someone (or a team) that excels despite the “governing body” trying to keep things new, and fresh.

Seventeen rings in nineteen years would be an example to equate to “Method / Limit.”

Game hasn’t been out for 17 years though…

But I get what you are saying.

For the sake of discussion, would you happen to know the exact amount of times Method has gotten world first?

https://www.method.gg/raid-history

1 Like

Yep, a fair point. It’s more the “coverage” that gets me. Articles on MMO Champ and WoWhead, threads here and on Reddit… these treat the “race” like it’s wide open. But, it’s not. The winner is a foregone conclusion.

Well, at least down to which two teams will be “racing.”

Not offhand, and Google isn’t forthcoming with some kind of list. Method themselves don’t even maintain such a thing.

My observation is off the cuff. For many years, every time I see a “race to world first,” article or any kind of coverage it’s either Limit, or Method.

I’d be down to change my point of view if someone had such a list.

That raid history thing you posted - I checked it out. That’s just a list of what guild killed which boss on which date for Vanilla launch through BC.

Method does in fact carry such a list, and google pointed me towards it…

https://www.method.gg/raid-history

I’m not being snarky but rather informative.

They weren’t world first anything for a very long time… They weren’t even second.

So my standing with the Patriots comparison still stands.

“Recently” they seems to be in a cycle of win.

(you have to click at the bottom… multiple pages to load, probably for advertising)

What?? Limit had a 600k hp wipe on M G’huun the day before Method killed it, and in EP it was really anyone’s to take. Both guilds could have killed the boss at any time in the last 24 hours. I thought it was very entertaining.

Old man yells at cloud.

1 Like