[News] Taking Your First Steps in World of Warcraft Classic

Exactly why I posted, to give people an understanding that PVP sounds great until you’re being camped for an hour by a level 60 rogue. So many people think they want to be on a PVP server and they just don’t know what it’s like.

Sure, PVP servers are for some people but most should not be on them.

2 Likes

Agree. 100%. P2 wouldn’t have been what it was if people understood this. What happened was a bunch of people for used to warmode and found out exactly why blizz removed traditional pvp servers.

1 Like

But doing this is so so sweet…

Hey, if that’s your thing then go for it.

You all should remove the link to this forum at the bottom of that info page unless you want to scare people off =P

Thanks for the info though!

Something like this would have been helpful at launch. Better late than never, right? /Shrug

5 Likes

The only critique I have is that this is written like it’s aimed at someone that’s never played, then you go on to list the classes as tank, healer, and DPS. Except you never mention what DPS even stands for. Maybe replace all the instances of “DPS” with something clearer like “Damage dealer”.

5 Likes

Did you not know that going in?

1 Like

It was probably YOU!

1 Like

says the gnome! No sir…just no, For the Horde!..always

1 Like

Shamans, and stop at level 59.5. Everyone who hits level 60 starts going mad. At level 60 you will spend all your time here going on about unfairness of BGs, or PVP happening on PVP servers, or unsatisfactory gear drops in raids. Level 1 - 59.5 keeps people too busy and happy come crying to forums, though some people get an early jump on complaining about the pvp that happens on pvp servers.

2 Likes

World PVP is for the narcissistic
roll PVe and just do battlegrounds , no benefit or reason at all to be on a PVp server

1 Like

I’ve got a few tips; actually all day long.

Just a PSA:

Your first steps in World of Warcraft Classic on Incendius will involve getting up and walking away to find something else to do for 3+ hours while you wait in line.

1 Like

Word of advise to people new to Classic, dont assume that you are an expert just because you’ve played retail.

5 Likes

Why not? It’s the same, but easier isn’t it?

The same? I can Dps, Tank and Heal in classic without having to respec. People that Have never played Vanilla or Classic assume that Im either a Healer or Tank and therefore are hesitant to invite druids as DPS. Just 1 example, i can name many more but dont have time.

I’m sure a lot of them have played Vanilla or Classic.

Some also may never have played Retail :slight_smile:

Yes. It’s surprising how many similarities there are.

Yep PVE is definitely for those poor timid souls, who know neither the pain of defeat, nor the thrill of victory, and who are without imagination. PVE is for those who can only function in a fixed step by step cookie cutter world, where innovation, and fast thinking are no longer necessary. PVP on the other hand requires knowing your characters strengths and weakness, knowing your opponents strengths and weakness, and requires that you be able adapt on the fly. Yep why would anyone want to play PVP.

2 Likes

I love PVP but most of what happens in WoW is far from real, fun, challenging PVP. It’s mostly people who have far more numbers and/or power killing those that don’t. It’s, effectively, PVE since there’s hardly any element of risk for one side in most of those fights.

So everything you’ve sarcastically said is pretty much the same for WoW PVP. But my hat’s off to the rare players who only attack people of similar level with similar numbers because they enjoy the challenge. You are the true unicorns of the game.

2 Likes