[News] Shadows Rising Now Available for Pre-purchase

Do you not have books?

No, you’re wrong.
The previewed text doesn’t look anything like ‘sylvanas glorification’.
Nothing can be construed about the book from a few paragraphs.

Somewhere, Steve Danuser is sweating furiously as he waits for his advanced copy.

4 Likes

I really love the books but when is the audio book going to be available?

I’m feeling pretty attacked right now

I want the story in the game, not in some separate novel.

2 Likes

I really like this quote. Hopefully no more people will insist that Sylvanas did nothing wrong, or that she is somehow still working for the Hordes best interests.

I might pick this book up for that alone.

So, we go back to Zandalar? We have Zekhan and Talanji? We have Turalyon and Alleria, maybe development to void elves? We have a Supreme Allied Commander? We have resolution for Horde? We are going after Nathanos and Sira Moonwarden?

Why do I feel this would have been a much better 8.3 plot and conclusion to BfA than the one we actually got?

1 Like

Books should be supplemental to the game telling a story. Stop putting main storyline in books. That’s half the reason I hated BfA. The story made little sense if you only saw the in-game story. Especially if you only played one faction, then you only got 1/2 the in-game story!

Conclude Teldrassil? The fire took care of that, that’s fairly concluded

For a video game franchise? Yea, I do.

Nobody wants Shadowlands to be a full color rendition of “The Two Towers”. We’d like to play, or at least, experience “The Fellowship of the Ring” and “Return of the King” in the same medium.

1 Like

Anyone else sort of feel like the game needs more story in it instead of in separate books? A lot of the quests are not very inspiring and for me a lot of the RP in MMORPG is missing. Lots of systems, not a lot of meaningful content, at least in my opinion.

2 Likes

Will there be a Audible version?

I read this and felt like it won’t matter what happens in the book because as we all know, Sylvanas always wins (which surely is not annoying AT ALL) so is there even a point of buying and reading it if it’s practically the same as always? Anduin struggling to make a decision while people whisper in his ears and Sylvanas doing just about whatever she pleases.

Please, we are begging, stop with Sylvanas already, she’s constantly parodied, nobody wants to still hear about her and her “master plan”, just, stop, please.

4 Likes

“Cover not final” “Pre-order now”

If warcraft 3 reforged didn’t say enough (hint: pre-order, outsource, fail, see videos) Look at how they have a pre-order for a book without even having finished the cover.

I had fun with wow for the last 15 years and warcraft for many years before that (1 2 and 3) but it’s time to lay it to rest. GG.

Agreed. I am interested in seeing what she has planned. Regardless ill defend her till the grave. Victory for Stylvanas

speak for yourself, i know plenty that love how often she is involved.

I bought the book on audible, fully expected Telanji voice, instead she speaks in a robot tone. It sucks because the audible version doesn’t even come with Kindle read copy. I’m not sure if I can make it through.

Decent book, which unlike Before the Storm adds some meaningful character development to the storyline. If you don’t read it, you won’t miss much lore, sad that that’s the case again. Easy read and good Horde character development. Definitely makes me more curious for Shadowlands now.

I love books because it adds more lore, depth to characters and a lot story telling to WoW…
However I preferred if I could play it through it or see it in a cinematic as we wait for SL… (IMO) :sweat_smile: