[News] Shadows Rising Now Available for Pre-purchase

“The Horde is nothing!” With those infamous words, Sylvanas Windrunner betrayed and abandoned the Horde she vowed to serve. The Dark Lady and her forces now work in the shadows as both the Horde and Alliance, including her own sister, Alleria, race to uncover her next move. Read on for a first look at the upcoming expansion prequel novel, Shadows Rising.

9 Likes

Hmmmm…I’ll probably snag this one. It’s a new writer so it has piqued my interest, but I’m wary of Blizzard’s storytelling right now.

Still, thanks for the update, Neth.

11 Likes

More Sylvanas glorification is exactly what we needed, it’s not like there are several BfA events that would desperately need a conclusion or questions that would have to be answered.

If the book can’t even conclude or continue on things like Teldrassil, why bother with it? Couldn’t care less about even more Sylvanas. Thank you, but not interested.

30 Likes

Storywise, this is so true :frowning:

Also when will the Alliance get their turn to do something evil and stop being a kids cartoon good guys faction?

Except that Horde has been written as a one-dimensional villain faction twice now; once with Garrosh and now with Sylvanas.

As I said it would be nice if Alliance had more intrigue and lost more heroes like the Horde has and on top of that not written to be on a morally high ground all the time.

Anduin may as well be Prince Adam/He-man.

3 Likes

Oh gee, more Sylvanas stuff, because the warcraft IP is definitely missing that.

28 Likes

Sorta true, but she did some of the traveler series.

But did she betray the Horde :face_with_monocle:… or were those infamous words in context to Saurfang.

I’m very intrigued to find out as a loyalist!

For the Dark Lady :blue_heart:

6 Likes

I haven’t read the Travelers stuff. More focused on she isn’t the same author as Before the Storm, which very quickly became my least favorite Warcraft book of all time (barely beating War Crimes, that is…)

Yes!Finally. A Human Male Paladin is leading the Alliance to hunt down the undead once again. This is the way. :rofl:

4 Likes

Turn Sylvanas into a DRANIE please that would make WOW way more interesting!!!

1 Like

Can’t wait to hear Horde bias when 90% of the synopsis is about the Horde. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

awww cool ty Nethaera for the ifo

Well, it might be a good idea to actually know where she is and what she is doing, y’know. And it seems that the Alliance is featuring with equal import to the Horde in this story, so I’m not dissatisfied.

1 Like

Tirion went after Arthas in WotLK. Now Turalyon is going after Sylvanas in shadowlands. I love it. Getting hyped!

Like Yrel?

1 Like

Yea without Sylvanas we are nothing.

No warchief, no fighting spirit, no zandalari warlocks. We are nothing.

7 Likes

this is going be cool woot

1 Like

Got that part right at least… :weary:

I’m so excited to read Shadows Rising! Christie Golden did such a fantastic job with Before the Storm, and I’m sure Madeleine Roux has done just as good a job.

The books for WoW are always so awesome.

1 Like

Can Sylvanas please just die off already. She’s so insufferable.

20 Likes