[News] Shadows Rising Now Available for Pre-purchase

I’d say “cue the ‘what she actually meant was…’ crowd.” but they’re likely already here.

3 Likes

My sentiments as well.

Part of me hopes Golden used foreshadowing in BTS with leaving for Warchief, a council forming, Sylvanas returned to deal with it.

Part of me wonders where her story is going.

All in all I’m excited for the book! That is for sure!

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly disagree. It was some seriously poor writing compared to her other novels, with even worse editing.

6 Likes

Okay, yeah, but better than what we got in-game though

2 Likes

Mmm… you may have a point there. Fair enough.

2 Likes

I do agree that, respective to her other works, it was a bit messy. I’ve just enjoyed her other works, and I thought the Forsaken council plot was very enjoyable up until when Sylvanas just shoots everybody + Calia.

Also, the side-story with Sapphronetta and Grizzek… eh?

4 Likes

You can check out the two replies I made right after that one where I explain how, respective to her other works and works in general, it obviously isn’t a masterpiece.

Is there anywhere on the website that talks about when other audiobooks like the two other War of the Ancients books are coming out?

Remind me why Anduin creates the position of Supreme Commander for Turalyon when the entire point of High King was that it was the successor of that position? Are we just affirming that Anduin is God-Emperor of the Empire of Stormwind?

2 Likes

Thanks for the head up Nethaera. Not planning on picking it up though. Love you Blues.

1 Like

Any word on who will voice it for the audio version? Never did an audio book before Before the Storm, but listening to it while I was working was pretty cool.

For the Dark Lady!

4 Likes

No word on the narrator yet, but the audiobook version should also be available at about the same time as the book release.

3 Likes

Oh boy, can’t wait to see where World of Sylvanas is going next!

4 Likes

I’ll buy it once it’s available on Audible/Amazon.

Please let it be Patty Mattson or Josh Keaton

1 Like

The excerpt is promising. Excited to read it!

1 Like

when I 1st heard of this about a month or so ago, it caught my interest. Ty for making this thread, I’ll preorder as otherwise I might forget.
Life and all that, y’know.

both in game and novel hurt the franchise forever. Alliance should have attacked the horde based on the events and Sylvanas plotting while Sylvanas could have done the same thing if horde didn’t agree with her views in this war. It would have changed everything. Instead we got MOP 2.0 and WORSE because many things didn’t get conclusions.

1 Like