[NEWS] Shadowlands Preview: Torghast, Tower of the Damned

Shadowlands is going to be fantastic. I’m very excited for Torghast, and for the expansion in general.

WoW is back, baby!

5 Likes

When can we test this ? I have a mage online but i dont see this anywhere in bastion

Thank the Maker, no timer.
I shouldnt be punished if i need to step back after a fight and gather my composure and even go take a leak.

2 Likes

I agree, Logged back in for first time in a few months just recently and I found horrific visions to be interesting… however I think there are some issues with it ESPECIALLY in terms of making it something that gives you enough risk/reward. I think Torghast is gonna do that.

1 Like

I can already see people flipping their keyboards over trying to do torghast

So if only death penalize you basicly no timer if you don’t die?Or is the creature still chasing you even if you never die just slowly, so basicly still timed?

Based on what I read I took it as you have unlimited time unless you die enough times to trigger the creature

2 Likes

I hope this creature doesn’t pop out of a corner and I fall out of my chair and need to exit the game out of fear.

6 Likes

Would be kinda cool tbh. I kinda love the idea of the creature always being just behind you like a Michael Myers situation and all you can do is pray you dont get caught

1 Like

I hope it’s not going to be like that war campaign quest where I needed to go underwater in the dark and getting chased by some large underwater creature.

Hated that quest so much.

1 Like

You are in full control—you can choose which type of equipment you’ll make and what powers will go in them to make them truly your own.

A welcome change from Azerite, imo.

2 Likes

That NPC in the first screenshot of the article looks like he just bought that axe off the nearest Elwynn Forest vendor. :rofl:

Very welcomed. Im glad to see they are working on giving players some more power. Everything Ive seen so far has been a welcome change for the game. Funnily enough BFA was the first expac I played in years and I lost my last account. Not a great place to start but it did suck me back into the world of WoW. Just hoping to not be disappointed as my other MMOs have let me down heavily recently and I cant get into FFXIV personally

1 Like

I gave up on other MMOs. There are some older ones I like, but the only one I can get into now is WoW.

I’m okay with that, because I’m generally either playing WoW or playing non-MMO games. But it does make me wonder if there will ever be another MMO that isn’t WoW that I enjoy.

1 Like

Yeah the only two other MMOs Ive really been able to sink my teeth into for long periods of time are SWTOR and GW2. I have hope for Ashes of Creation and the new Lord of the Rings MMO but those are both a LOOOOOONG ways off

1 Like

Half Life would do me like that, I’d get the light scared right out of me sometimes, talk about jump out my seat! :rofl:

I’m here to confirm that vitality is not a resource within Torghast nor is there a mechanic akin to it. Only your deaths will halt your climb!

Please keep in mind that not everything discovered in datamining exists or are feature final as Shadowlands is still in development.

42 Likes

Sooo… a timer in the form of a mob? And the timer activates if you die?

3 Likes

Thank you for the clarification!

1 Like

Beast Mastery Hunter should get a power-up item within Torghast that is literally the April Fools Day item mentioned earlier in the month. You could even call it, “Towerstalker’s Couch” or something, where it allows you to place the couch on the ground and then you can sit in it, giving you a huge damage boost to your pets whilst sitting there. C’mon Blizz, I need mah couch!

2 Likes