[NEWS] Shadowlands Preview: Torghast, Tower of the Damned

World of Warcraft: Shadowlands introduces a variety of new adventures for players to undertake, including Torghast, Tower of the Damned. Explore its ever-changing halls and chambers and do battle with the minions of the Jailer, Torghast’s vile ruler, to claim legendary treasures and free the heroic spirits trapped within.

Discover updates to Torghast, Tower of the Damned.

17 Likes

Says it is not timed. Praise the lord!

26 Likes

Phaerix, pick a forum icon already you floating W!

2 Likes

Hurry! Let me go test this real quick in alpha! Hurry! I’ll make sure it’s not broked or painful for all the specs/classes =P.! Quick! Send an invite!

3 Likes

Thank goodness, hopefully it stays this way. one of my main problems with visions is that your sanity drains naturally so classes with high burst have an advantage.

4 Likes

It’s not “timed” but you have a resource called vitality and if that runs out you’re done. Some folks said it’s like sanity.

Hopefully folks get to test it soon and we can see!

4 Likes

The preview here doesn’t even mention vitality as a condition for getting kicked out. or mention it at all.

3 Likes

Maybe WoWhead dataming got it wrong. They pulled something called vitality related to this.

Vitality was related to health on the WoWhead stuff.

Honestly if it doesn’t consistently drain like sanity does I’m fine with it.

I’ll take being punished for screwing something up and not just because I don’t have the burst other classes do.

3 Likes

Will it stay actually relevant throughout the expansion or will it be like the Surumar thing where you do it for a few weeks then never again?

1 Like

“Vitality is a stat linked with Torghast, and looks similar to Sanity in Horrific Visions. Vitality seems to be linked with the Armory in specific, but could also limit your stay at Torghast itself.” - WoWhead.

Strange it’s not mentioned in this article. Oh well, that’s datamining for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

It all sounds cool! The idea of the unstoppable Tarragrue hunting you down is really funny. More interesting than just a sanity timer.

2 Likes

So basically Visions of N’zoth 2.0.
:confused:

Hahaha. Unfortunately our site doesn’t currently support icons for blue posters. However, if I were to choose, I’d pick Jani. :3

9 Likes

Really really happy with what I have read about Torghast at the moment. Very interested in how they will keep it special after a few weeks. Yes its always changing but eventually players may get use to the repetitiveness of some of the mechanics. Would be pretty sweet if every few weeks they change the tower big time by adding and removing enemies and traps and such

2 Likes

Laurel is a good pick of course.

Torghast looks really interesting. Thanks for keeping us updated!

4 Likes

He’s brutal, too. The first time I played through it I didn’t know the Tarragrue existed and got roflstomped.

8 Likes

Absolutely, we love being able to share our developments with you!

9 Likes

It mentions legendaries!!!

“As you climb the tower, you may discover a floor that contains a Legendary chest. Inside you’ll discover reagents to craft legendary items that can be taken to a mysterious rune sage who will help you build legendary items. You are in full control—you can choose which type of equipment you’ll make and what powers will go in them to make them truly your own.”

So I hope it’s for all expansion long! Also Ion said stuff about changing it up every few months? maybe weeks? in his recent interview with Slootbag.

I haven’t been a huge fan of horrific visions, but maybe Torghast will smooth out the rough edges and make for a more rewarding dungeon experience.

1 Like