[News] Shadowlands Class Updates

I don’t like that Monks now have a summon in all 3 specs. I imagine it is super good to have them, but i don’t like summons, i hate summons in fact, so i’m really sad with this change, to the point of dropping the class for good.

Which would leave me with only warrior, since it is the only other pure melee class in the game, but the changes in Warrior don’t seem that interesting, no mention of getting single minded fury back?

Honestly that would be nice for a lot of specs if weapons came in like that. But some people would complain sadly…

I remember i think during cataclysm when i was healing on a resto shammy, unleash life + riptide was a strong combo. dunno how it is played now.

I’m betting that they’re not going to touch the artifact weapons or appearances for Frost, BM, or WW. I think they’ll leave it as it is so; you want to use or 'mog the artifact, you’ll have to stick with what style you had in Legion/BfA.

I’m a little curious about that as well since part of the Night Fae covenant ability procs off of Necrotic Strike, Heart Strike, Scourge Strike, or Clawing Shadows; none of which are abilities that Frost has.

Glad you are listening to the player base. but please use the talents in survival to be a range or melee spec allow us to chose so you do not have to chose. both old and new survival will be happy with talents defining if you are ranged or melee. Just my 2 cents worth a try i think.

3 Likes

Please Blizzard, REMOVE VOID FORM AND INSANITY!

22 Likes

I loved Resto Shaman in Cata. Did they mention their life imbue? Forget what It’s called. But all heals had a chance to put a 14 second HoT on the target, and had a talent to increase the chance by like 50% if the target being healed was at 40% HP or lower.

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

15 Likes

It’s driving you crazy, huh. I mean, Insane.

3 Likes

Just where is my shaman supposed to put all these new buttons?

1 Like

You can do that now, but neither of them heals for enough to save a critically wounded ally. Not nearly as powerful as other classes.

Not only that, but even if you did use Unleash Life first, that’s an extra second you’re spending before Riptide. At that point you may as well just Healing Surge spam, which feels terrible.

Compared to how much better the class was/how it played back in WotLk, Cata and MoP - I’m sure it drives nearly EVERY Priest crazy. Remove Void Form, remove Insanity. Bring back MoP’s Master, bolster their AoE and wam bam thank ya maam.

11 Likes

I’ll reserve judgement until I hear more details. I will say with what druid info is available I’m not impressed. The changes as demonstrated by Tewa and others, require juggling things around in such a way that we’re losing abilities that we can choose right now to optionally gain it back later and we may actually be losing out in the long run. And the feral commentary just makes no sense unless there are a plethora of (bad) changes taking place that weren’t listed. More information required, but whoever wrote that up clearly doesn’t understand how druids of any spec (aside from maybe resto) play with what they emphasized as being awesome about the upcoming changes.

2 Likes

Havoc DH: Here’s a new passive, same facerolling but more of it.
Everyone else: Here’s another 6 buttons to master if you want to be efficient.

3 Likes

Exorcism >>> Blade of Justice

5 Likes

Yeah. I have a Shadow Priest and can’t get it straight. I want to like the Insanity mechanic, but it infuriates me beyond end.

13 Likes

Please make survival hunters be able to dual wield 1 handed weapons. Rexxar and Mulverick can do it, I need it for my hunter too.

7 Likes

No
/10 chars

That would be cool. Would give the spells a bit more flavor. May be a time issue coming up with different effects for each spell though.

I think they went overboard on spec identity sacrificing class identity myself. A class should know the basics of all schools before specializing. It’s how a student would know what they’d actually like to specialize in. One can ignore the other schools if they want to once they do specialize but you never know when that one spell from Mage 101 might come in handy. Say you’re a frost mage but then get stuck in am ice cave where a fireball would come in very handy. Good thing your teacher made you learn that your 1st year. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can 100% say with certainty Balance Druid will be SO much better now.

They’re going back to WotLK/MoP style (coincidentally, when all classes played 100x better than they do now)

Wrath triggers Lunar Eclipse, Starfire triggers Solar Eclipse. Now I’m not sure if they’re going to use MoP’s Eclipse Bar or just do it like they did in Wrath (spamming one triggers the other, in which you begin spamming the other)