[News] Shadowlands Class Updates

I agree. Please change the Arms mastery away from a bleed. It is not fun (in my opinion) to have 30-40% of your damage coming from a passive bleed. Shift that damage instead to active abilities so it actually feels like you hit something when you click a button. No more wet noodle execute.

2 Likes

I like Ret and Holy Power. The only thing that sucks that others have mentioned is that most classes, Ret included, feel like wet noodles outside of cooldown windows.

3 Likes

Honestly, that would be cool also. Rexxar dual wields, I think it would be cool.

4 Likes

My paladin sat at 80 until they removed Holy Power from prot, when I could finally level her. There is no redeeming factor for this mechanic.

2 Likes

Good, maybe you guys can flock to another class now instead of playing a braindead class…

Okay that was a little harsh…It’s just really repetitive and I don’t see how people play DH more than one season.

1 Like

I was one of those who was a holy paladin in Wrath who stopped healing on paladin with the Cata pre-patch. I stopped playing Kaeyoss entirely (I was mostly done with my work towards the Insane title on that character, although I still have to go back and finish it) until many years later.

1 Like

Enh Shamans aren’t getting 2h. WW and Brewmaster Monks are getting 2h or DW options. But yes Fury warrior should get DW, Enh shaman should get 2h option.

Also Survival hunter should get DW option.

If you haven’t played Ret pally lately, it’s actually quite fun right now. Maybe not for everyone, but I think it is in the top three most fun classes this xpac.

2 Likes

I seriously question the mental state of anyone who says that Ret is currently fun. By far the least fun spec in the game (I have everything at 120, with most of them having azerite and gear for all 3 specs at least at some point in the expansion)

On a 1-10 scale, Ret is currently somewhere in the negative 500s.

4 Likes

Except that it’s still fun to me. I’m sorry you hate Holy Power so much. Play a different class, then.

EDIT: I just wanna add, since you’ve been typing on and off, that I have no problem with you preferring to play without it. However, you’ve provided no actual critical feedback on why, and instead you’re just incredibly passionate for no discernable reason while lashing out at people and being condescending. Tempered passion with a purpose is better than lashing out to be a dick. Emulate the Paladin class you love so much.

So if they took the thing you loved best about the game, twisted it into something abominable and with a rotation that is torturous to play, you wouldnt complain at all? Ive put almost 1/4 of my almost 700 days of in game played time into this one character. And finding out they want to make it unplayable hurts.

1 Like

What they have now for holy and prot WORKS well. Cooldown based, not combo point (which is what holy power is) works wonders for paladin. Hell, the best Ret ever was was in Wrath, before HP became a thing. It was cooldown based, with a lot of fun procs to change up the rotation. THAT is what makes a class fun

My only gripe with Holy is the “melee healer” concept.

5 Likes

There’s lots of ways to make classes fun. Not all of them work off of cycling CD rotations. I enjoy having resources that I have a capacity to pool for optimal usage given random procs, encounters, and CD timing. It also means that increased generation directly feeds into your spender output. Playing Ret with some traits, talents, and essences gives a very frenetic gameplay where you’re using your Verdict very often. I fail to see the problem here. This gameplay loop wouldn’t exist with CDs.

2 Likes

well the DW vs 2h won’t matter to me. DW for life.

but I don’t think my paladin is likely to be leveled for a while. I leveled him prot in legion and bfa, specifically because Holy Power makes things, well, just outright un-fun in ret. I still do WQs as ret often, but its still not a very fun thing. It KILLED the paladin gameplay for me. I honestly didn’t play my paladin much at all between cata and legion because of holy power. My alliance one i think is still at 92, because I don’t feel like tanking dungeons, and I can’t bear to level as ret…nor do I have any desire to heal as a paladin again.

Mostly looking forward to seeing mistweaver changes, and demon hunter changes. would REALLY like to see mistweaver get spear hand strike (it SUCKED leveling and the one quest that requires interrupt for monks…required me to respec)

Unfortunately, it looks like Feral is getting left in the dust for another expansion. A single change to Bloodtalons does not fix the entire spec, and having Barkskin does nothing to improve their weak dps. You’re absolutely right about ferals losing the uniqueness of having stampeding roar. Now the one reason people had for bringing feral to M+ is gone.

My fear is that they will once again leave this spec largely ignored for an entire expansion.

2 Likes

It may have been said, I didn’t read all 659 posts before mine, but why are Mongoose Bite and Flanking Strike still talents? And on the same row no less. MB is core to MSV, and imo FS should be too. Make it our builder instead of Kill Command to further differentiate from BM. I don’t know, no changes seems odd to me. Current SV is ok but this is a chance to un-prune 2 signature abilities to MSV.

Also dw at least as a xmog option would be cool.

1 Like

Man blizzard is basically adding the annoying combo points resource system to as many classes as they can. This just seem a bit lazy.

Like there’s about 5 diff classes with some combo mechanic point system that mirrors to another resource. The only differen is how spells look/icons/colors

Where in the 7 hells did this idea come up from. I mean i get it lazy mechanic design but at some point all this classes are going to be sharing the same boring resource system.

Also seeing some of the covenants abilities between different classes. It seems like some classes are actually getting better abilities than others.

It’s really going to be detrimental when a players selects a covenant and blizzard decides to nerf bomb that covenant and then said player is stuck with their selection.

@Distare I mean the whole build to use abilities combo points some classes have

1 Like

You mean mana?

Enhancement Shaman

Enhancement Shamans will once again be able to choose between two 1-handed weapons or one 2-handed weapon in their fight to restore balance.

1 Like

Why is holy priest SO boring all the time? I’ve played them forever and their changes are always so yawn. Please get creative T_T there’s so many good suggestions. I really don’t want to give up my priest but my god I’m so close at this point.

3 Likes

I’m sry blizzard, when I read the changes to (ele) shamans it feels like, “oh well, lets try this way this time”

2 Likes