News flash for all the Anti-Random Dungeon Finder Cross Realm gatekeepers

Having RDF doesn’t take anything away from you. You’ll still be able to form groups manually if you want to.

Subs didn’t drop until after WotLK. Cata had 99 problems, but RDF wasn’t one of them.

The only argument for RDF that matters is it was part of WotLK. Everything else is irrelevant.

If you don’t like RDF, then you can either not use it or go back to Classic Era. Stop trying to take away our authentic WotLK experience.

17 Likes

Pretty sure it’ll get added once TOGC lands, as it was back in the day.

Weird flex but wrong. Rdf ques…herioc im assuming because of talks of lockouts, did in fact NOT let you que for those you already locked to. Random or specific. Fact check before trash talking!

4 Likes

Rdf and sdf are seperate things rdf did bypass the lockout system sdf not. They used the same tool but where seperate sub categories of said tool. What flex?

Lockout system for 5 mans?

Uhh . . . are there people who don’t know about resetting instances?

2 Likes

That title though

Last I checked RDF isn’t in Classic WOTLK. Woops…

The random dungeon finder absolutely bypassed the lock out. People didnt really do these dungeons to get the gear out of them but as a catch up system for alts and so on.

This is absolutely untrue. A spontaneous 10-man… which raid? And if you are trying to catch your friends up if its one of the higher raids then they will do that over spamming a bunch of dungeons. It didnt kill server social interaction before so we know this to be a complete and utter fabrication.

And this is worse than not finding groups for the stepping stone that heroic actually is? I havent been able to find a regular heroic in days even if its for the daily. When the transfers opened up it went from many groups being formed to be a handful of people all looking for H+. Not doing H+ basically means wrath is dead for you and you might as well go do something else.

I list myself, go do my dailies, get some whispers for H+, say no thanks, finish dailies and log off. What a great addition just because I dont want to fool with it. Regardless if it isnt hard or otherwise, its a retail system through and through. If I wanted to play retail, I would just play retail.

Blizzard is stubborn. If you havent learned that from people trying to get classic servers at all then I dont know what to tell you.

4 Likes

#GoAwayLazyPlayer

2 Likes

It did and did not bypass the lockout. You couldn’t queue explicitly for dungeons you were locked too. And when random queueing it would pick dungeons you weren’t locked too. Until you were locked to all of them, then you get could a dungeon you’d already done.

So yes if you did 14+ dungeons a day you could eventually get the same heroic twice, but only a random one.

6 Likes

You WERE able to get into the same heroic more than once a day through the Random aspect, but not through the specific dungeon aspect.

Every time an RDF thread gets made, an angel gets it’s wings. And then shot down.

2 Likes

Why do you put an apostrophe in “it’s”? It’s more work and incorrect…

I did it to bother you.

2 Likes

Doesn’t bother me - I was just curious why you’d put in more work to type it out when it’s incorrect.

Because I felt like it.

Hmm, I see.

No you don’t.

Hard not to but you do you.

You’ll get it when ICC 5mans appear. Like in the original LK.