News flash for all the Anti-Random Dungeon Finder Cross Realm gatekeepers

Ah so this is a RDF version of “think of the children” argument in regards to new players.

I have no tolerance for that. 90% of the people in Classic don’t give two craps about reading questlogs, and don’t care at all about story, lore, etc. I thought RDF was just a matchmaking service, but you’re right it gives out a bunch of goodies too from what I heard about online and that’s probably what they want.

I signed up in Classic and got a relatively faithful recreation of the game.

The bait and switch was that the game stopped being a faithful recreation.

Adding HC+ to try to accomplish what RDF already did is just insulting to anyone with a brain.

2 Likes

Where did I say this?

Or, yanno, current expansion that isn’t HC+.

So even during your opposition you’re sitting here saying having RDF would be better?

Curious.

You can cut out the stupid goodies for all any pro RDFer cares.

Getting a 10th pair of blue shoulders while you’re levelling or 2 extra badges of heroism when you’re at max level is mostly irrelevant anyway.

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t mean to @ you, it was for OP.

It would probably be better for a hypothetical new player yes, that’s undeniable, but it wouldn’t improve the game in any significant way.

You mean H+? PVP gear, Craftable gear, AT gear. There’s some gear out there that can tie people over until they reach phase 1. It may be a server issue, on my server people aren’t GS requiring Naxx anymore and I see quite a few runs for Phase 1 content.

Okay, so overall it would be better for the game is what you’re saying.

Gotcha.

3 Likes

I think I’ve been quite clear that it’s an insignificant feature that has been blown up to be something important. If the RDF people got RDF they’d realize it added little to nothing to the game or their experience and they’d move on to complaining about something else, probably something more important or pressing. The fact we have to collectively get over this hurdle first before addressing actual problems is just tiresome.

Okay, so why are you opposed to it?

It clearly means nothing to you, but from these threads it matters to other folks.

So why the opposition?

:roll_eyes:

Slippery slope argument without a slope, go figure.

I feel like it’s only a matter of time.

They gave us cross realm pvp so if and when they add RDF, it’ll probably have cross realm functionality as well even if only for 1-70.

Just because someone waves away something doesn’t mean they’re “opposed” to it. I’m more opposed to people crusading for it on the forums every day.

Yes and it doesn’t make sense, it seems like an irrational desire because the feature really doesn’t add to the experience of the game. I haven’t heard a worthwhile argument for the obsession with it other than wanting to run dungeons at lower levels. I heard someone else try to argue that they would use it to run heroic dungeons. In both instances it sounds more like a server problem and they’re hoping cross-realm would give them some opportunity to run them. Though I imagine it would be far easier to gear up in other ways.

Ah yes, it’s a slippery slope argument to point out there are more important issues than talking endlessly about RDF or that RDF posting is found on every topic stinking up the board and that people have their priorities out of whack.

Quite literally yes.

So… spite.

Yeah, for some reason I’m not even a little shocked that you can’t see past your own desires.

But you’re not doing it. You’re sitting here bashing on RDF and RDF threads.

2 Likes

The world’s not Black and White. Disinterest is not opposition.

noun

1. a desire to hurt, annoy, or offend someone.

I wouldn’t say my motivation is to do any of these things.

So you think my opinion is based on an unwillingness to understand others?

I came into this and other threads saying RDF is inconsequential and that people are probably upset over nothing and need to chill out about it. This is my honest opinion. RDF posts are everywhere and any critique of them are met with hostile responses. If your purpose is to try to convince me you’re going about it the wrong way. There’s one person in another thread who is being civil and I am appreciating that exchange.

I think I said it’s inconsequential in the 2 other threads I am currently in. The only thing remotely close to bashing I’m doing was saying that the pro-RDF fanatics are acting irrationally as some form of hysteria in believing RDF will fix WOTLKC. I respect the spirit people like yourself have but on a system like RDF which is a glorified cross-realm LFG it seems kind of excessive.

I’m open to the idea of being wrong about it though, I wouldn’t decide to engage people on the subject matter if I thought there wasn’t something to learn from them. I see RDF posts everywhere, so if people aren’t simply plastering their opinions on RDF on topics such as “All the guilds are GDKPs these days” out of some sort of mania for an LFG tool there must be a good reason for it. Fill me in on why RDF/LFG Cross Realm is necessary for the survival of WOTLK. I haven’t made up my mind about it yet, just going off a working theory.

But you’re clearly not disinterested. You’re very actively taking a part right now.

It’s a pity your actions tell another story.

OK, and what do you think this is going to accomplish, evne if that’s not really what you’re doing?

There’s a whole 3 threads about it if you scroll down far enough to load more posts. There’s more posts about preg paladins.

Are you really shocked that you’re getting opposing views when you come into a thread acting like you’re super against RDF while claiming “I don’t care about RDF”?

No dude, you’re not doing what you said is more important. You’re not partaking in other threads. You’re just bashing on RDF threads.

Cause apparently they offend you so greatly that you lose all control over your right hand and it just clicks on the post for you.

It’s cause we’ve been here before.

3 Likes

what angry responses? the fact that you read my words in an angry tone says alot about you. and your insults just prove your lack of fact. you have an opinion? fine, thats perfectly okay. just dont try and pass off your opinion as the real fact.

2 Likes

you say the debate is over then backtrack yourself and say we may get it? lol lost again my friend.

1 Like

comments like these are just proving his point about you being a troll, at the very least youre not a great person. you have a toxic attitude.

wrong again, their advert online and on youtube commercials and twitch never once announced the lack of rdf, and you know as well as i do that in this day and age, people for some reason… as a whole… dont do their proper research. they buy ads at face value for some reason. So they bought into the lie of “come relive your wrath experience” without ever hearing the subtext of “but we are going to mutilate it while you try and do that”

1 Like

Seriously facepalming here. We are on 3.4 currently. Yes. Final patch which is what we started with was 3.3.5. Which was the final patch for Wrath retail. So again. Bye

6 Likes

He doesn’t understand that RDF is not content.

5 Likes

If you havent been paying attention, they use the final patch for class balance and game stability. But not all content, tools, exc. Are used and available. Thats how classic has been done since classic launched.

And even if this is the case, RDF was still deliberately and solely removed from it.

No other game feature has been (arguably the honor system, but Blizzard considered that content rather than a feature, and I will happily agree that this was probably a wrong definition).

2 Likes

Recruit a friend was removed and another feature (boosts) put in its place. Just as rdf was removed and the current lfg feature was put in its place.

So again, you are wrong.