Newcomer here

Here’s a general leveling guide.

This website also has beginner class guides for each spec as well.

Druids are a good pick because they can play all 4 roles.

Other classes I suggest trying out as a new player are hunters and warlocks. Both have a tanking pet which makes leveling easier when new to the game. Hunter also has the easiest rotation in the game as BM

3 Likes

Adding to that.

There are users here that make passive aggressive and belitting comments then will pretend you’re wrong for calling them out.

For those people it’s best to just flag their posts and ignore them as they want to get a reaction out of you. They’ll get themselves banned eventually as they’re creatures of habit.

7 Likes

Wouldn’t do this Classic plays almost nothing like retail, even something as basic as the leveling is way different.

4 Likes

get mods and then get more mods look up 50 macros- then get more mods just to start.

1 Like

Since you’re a druid, you might find yourself healing in groups.

In my opinion, healing using mouseover is such a game changer, that I would advise every healer to learn using it, even if they’re new.

For that, the easiest way is to get an add-on called Clicked. It’s rather easy to configure (tho it needs some set-up, you need to manually configure your buttons. Make sure to select ‘Clickcast Binding’ when you create a new binding).
Also, set your party frames to raiding style (click or right click on them while on in Edit Mode for the options to appear).

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone that took the time to comment and give me advice. I can’t possibly respond to every comment in a detailed manner like I’d like. So, I’ll just thank everyone here. One of my questions is this: Which realm is recommended? Just generally speaking.

4 Likes

I personally prefer lower population servers (Misha :heart:). There tends to be less drama in the chat channels and people more willing to help out. However, that comes with the trade off of fewer guilds.

1 Like

It depends on your location.

Alliance
Proud more -west coast
Stormrage - central/east coast
Sargeras -central

Horde
Tichondrius - west coast
Thrall - central/east coast
Malganis -central/east coast

It’s better to be on a higher pop server because you will have an easier time finding guilds if you go that route.

3 Likes

Oh yeah.

Go to Curse Forge website and download their app as it handles addons for WoW.

As you’re new I would recommend the simpler and quality of life addons.

Deadly Boss Mods.

GTFO.

Scrap.

Pawn.

All the things.

Hekilli Priority Helper (it will suggest what skills to use for a rotation for your class and spec)

Rarescanner (tells you if there’s a rare nearby)

TomCats Tours (will help a lot when you get into Dragonflight)

World Quest Tracker

QE Dungeon Tips (gives you tips on bosses and mobs)

Better Fishing (let’s you hotkey fishing so you don’t have to click the bobber and makes a sound when you get a bite and muffles all other sounds when fishing)

Bartender4 (for bars, but you don’t need it yet as you’re new and leveling)

Immersion (makes quests more immersive. Purely consmetic)

Speedy Autoloot (extends and speeds up your auto loot that you enable in your settings)

Minimapbuttonbag Reborn (condenses all your mini map options into one tab.)

These should make your life much easier while leveling and going into dungeons.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but I have no idea what that means lol. Anyway you can write me on Discord and explain how to exactly go about doing that?

1 Like

This is such a bad habit addon.

5 Likes

It is a good guideline.

I still use my rotation but it does remind me if I forget someting.

2 Likes

Hi Phixxion, Welcome to Azeroth!

As far as realms go, it depends on what sort of experience you want and what faction you want to play. Are you going to be playing on your own the majority of the time, or with others?

In my experience larger realms are going to have more people out in the world doing things and a busier auction house for gear and transmog.

Smaller realms tend to be more laid back but there’s a smaller social sphere.

I know folks are suggesting addons, but I would just level and enjoy the world and immerse yourself in it. Worry about the addons when you get to max level and start doing dungeons and pvp and end game stuff.

4 Likes

Theres an addon called “weakaura”. Get that, then go to wago. Io and find an all around druid pack to import - type “/wa” to open the options.

Level as guardian. So much safer and easier. You also get into dungeon queues really fast.

1 Like

Please no.

Weak auras is not someting a new player should get.

It doesn’t even matter unless you’re going hard in end game.

4 Likes

Sorry.

See, healing involves targeting your teammates, while also targeting the enemies in between. That can involve a lot of clicking, and it might overwhelm players when they need to keep clicking different frames repeatedly. It can get tiring pretty fast.

One way to deal with that in a more efficient way is to use what’s called mouseover. The original way to do it is by using the built-in macros system of the game. But that can get pretty complicated.

Mouseover means that you hover your mouse over the target’s unit frame (the boxes that show you party’s health bars), and the you press a key to heal them, without having to click their frames to target them first.

It sounds complicated, but it makes healing so much easier, specially for people prone to stuff like tendinitis.

There’s an add-on called Clicked that makes this much easier than having to manually write macros for this behavior. Once you install it, you write /clicked or click the little button that it adds around your minimap and its interface appears.

From this, you click ‘New’ and select ‘Clickcast Binding’. Then you select which key you will use from the topmost button and there’s another button that lets you pick the spell from the Spellbook. Then you repeat this for each of your healing spells that need a target (like Regrowth or Rejuvenation).

That’s basically it. Feel free to ask for clarification if one of the things I mentioned don’t make sense to you.

2 Likes

Hey! Thank you for commenting. I wasn’t going to answer the comments since it was alot to answer everyone in a detailed manner but since you asked me a question I’ll answer lol. Coming from OSRS I’ve always been a PVMer. Mostly solos but with the right buddies we would hit some group mops. My long term goal is to be able to do PVM content. Or I’m guessing it’s PVE here. There is just so much going on I really don’t even know where to start.

1 Like

Also, another advice I’d give to every new player is to remap your movement keybindings asap, before you get used to the default behavior.

By default, you move your Character with W and S, you make it turn around with A and D and you ‘Strafe’ with Q and E (move sideways).

But, turning around using A and D is pretty inefficient. Your mouse can do that much better by just holding right click. Also, strafing is probably the most efficient way to move your character in combat situations.

So, the way I recommend is to go into Keybinding Settings and binding A and D for strife left and right respectively. This will completely removes the ability to turn your character around with the keyboard, but that’s okay.

This also frees up the keys Q and E, which you can use for your action bars. Q and E are so easy to press, that I always bind my most used spells to those buttons. Same with R, F, Z, X and C.

Once you do this, practice your movement for a bit. It might take some getting used to, but it will be much more efficient in the end.

You just hold the right button on your mouse when you need to turn your character around. You basically use your mouse to move, rather than to click on spells.

Since you will use strafing to move sideways, instead of turning around and walking forward, you will not need to turn your character around much.

For that reason, this pairs well with learning to use your spells through your keyboard, rather than clicking them. This is also a skill that will be greatly beneficial to you as you progress through this game. Most classes have several different buttons you need to press just to do your basic damage routine.

2 Likes

Those addons suggested, except Weak Auras (don’t bother with it yet. You’re new and it’s only relevant at End Game), will really help you a lot in getting settled in.

Have you gone into settings yet?

Go look for Autoloot (it’s under Controls) and turn it on and set your Interact Key (It will greatly help you interact with smaller things or moving things in quests). I set mine to F.

1 Like

Welcome Phixxion!

If you have any more questions or need help don’t hesitate to ask.

We got you!

Wholesome thread on a Sunday, this prolly popped a few breakers lol.

:heart:

7 Likes